The online racing simulator
MRT @ AS1R Tuner
OLFSL 3 by 500servers

Sunday June 17/ 2007

MRT @ AS1R..60 Laps
Qual 18:30 UTC
Race 19:00 UTC

OLFSL Members only!

Password on OLFSL site under TUNER RACE in password section.

This is NOT relaxed rules racing, you'll all be expected to run as if this was a real race so that false starts can be tested.

Take note, this is an Application test for hosts to review stats CSV, and HTML files.

Server will close upon 20 drivers entering so be early.

Any Questions?

AAnt/per OLFSL
Password section is not working for me
Arrrgh I'm gonna miss this one. (Formula 1)
well
if it clashed with F1 them I'm gonna miss it too!
#5 - t1ger
Quote from AtomAnt :
Take note, this is an Application test for hosts to review stats CSV, and HTML files.

Ant, please note I am away from this Saturday so I will not be around if you have questions/problems with the app. Just email me and I will pick it up on my return.

Thanks
Tim
Can tune up time be adjusted to not collide with Formula 1 race this weekend? I think 19:00 UTC for qualifications would be great
Noted.
Quote from t1ger :Ant, please note I am away from this Saturday so I will not be around if you have questions/problems with the app. Just email me and I will pick it up on my return.

Thanks
Tim

I'll store info and forward but the tune up is Sunday, not Saturday....lol

AAnt
Quote from Mroziu :Can tune up time be adjusted to not collide with Formula 1 race this weekend? I think 19:00 UTC for qualifications would be great

NO, I had such a hard time adjusting the races (OLFSL DAYS) you have a choice.........watch F1 or run tune up.....no OLFSL race falls on a F1 Day.......but the tuner might. You have no idea how hard it was to schedule. Want my job? It's a tune up race not a Official race day, (like practice) I may add that we listened to the membership last year and decided never to run an OLFSL race on a day when F1 was happeneing....practice is what it is.....enjoy the F1.

This Sunday is also fathers day and some of us have children.

AAnt
Quote from t1ger :Ant, please note I am away from this Saturday so I will not be around if you have questions/problems with the app. Just email me and I will pick it up on my return.

Thanks
Tim

I will save all replays and test grid set up with new OLFSL Race Control.

It's fathers day and I must be elsewhere too...but, this isn't and issue. I'll provide full replay with OLFSL Race Control.....gives you a test bed to wash though stats......Great programimg Tim.
Quote from russraine :if it clashed with F1 them I'm gonna miss it too!

It's not an Official OLFSL race day......that won't happen in OLFSL anymore ( an F1 Race on OLFSL Race day). If you miss the practice (tune up race) in favor of F1...so be it.

My only job on staff is CAR/Track/testing/Tuners with no conflicts with F1......this is an optional tune up race......choose your hobby.

Know what, since I /we started tune up races.......the success of finished racers is 86%.

We also got sponsered servers because of our large membership......we've had like a 88% decrease in server crashes and player disconnects.

I may not do much but I try to keep us all for free, with no F1 Conflicts. On that note, all that have contributed to OLFSL through PayPal......way to go guys..we spend that cash to upgrade all systems (i.e) OLFSL TV, 6 Steady servers, and if we have a 35 Euro balance at the end of this season, we just might buy some LFS golf shirts with OLFSL 2007 Winner..2nd..3rd........we'll see, no promises.

Patch "X" was released right before our summer break.....my bad..I almost had it in-sync with the release.

But the real point is, we/staff spend our time ( some spend there own money) just to make your Sundays better.

What do we all get in return, the satisfaction the we belong to the largest membership in LFS, yes we could try to market it and make money, but no member on staff even thinks of profitting from you guys.

That's why it hurts when you bash us on things like Team Points, Sami is a Nice guy..a web master unlike any you'll meet, We (STAFF) defend and back him 100%

Currently, we have code writers, that will give you the best of the best...why......because it's our hobby as well.

Just wait till hosts set your grid placement without asking you to click join.....now you can practice, you get the two minute warning and you're on the grid....if by chance you were to get turned around in laglap...before (where LFS ) would place you at rear of grid........no more, your grid placement is assured as it is posted in the released grid.

All in all..ty for contibuting through cash donations, or just showing up, and don't forget, we're the only league that will take a racer who just bought LFS last week.......and he can run this league next Sunday.

I'm MR vocal about these things, because I'm so proud of how everyone on staff works together to make your hobby (and mine) the best it can be.

Donate if you feel good about it, but it's not a must.

Kudos to 500servers for sponsering this league and giving us 5 free servers.

So to answer JR.......F1 runs this weekend, choose, do you need the practice? Do you not own a VCR?

Skiils event will happen over our summer break, expect layout by July 21 with skills event sometime afterwards.

Long post but I had a lot to say in thanking you all for driving with us in the OLFSL.

AAnt
Quote from kamo2000 :Password section is not working for me

Try it again......I see it .....everyone else does..are you signed into OLFSL?

E-mail me if no success by Saturday June 16th.

AAnt
A VCR Ant? Hell yeah we got one in the attic - been meaning to setup a media centre pc at some point, just not had time.

I wanna watch the F1 live, not from Video, but hey, I'm sure they'll be other times to practice.

Thanks for hosting tune up!
Just saw 18.30 UTC is 20.30 our time, that could be just after F1, so maybe I could make it. Still it will be a close call, but I'd really like to have a test run under real race conditions. Against AI it's just a mess and it's not a combo that is really commonly found online.

MRT @ AS1R Tuner
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG