The online racing simulator
yes i know what he was saying anout speed but i was saying what i thought the reason was so read my post properly!!!!!!!!!
You said you thought the safety car was going a bit slow?
Quote from james12s :i think the sc was going a bit to slow

at that moment in relation to the cars on track
Quote from J.B. :

Without rule changes here I don't think I will participate in any future oval races.

hi j.b. you were right with that and of course i knew it. in the first season, the pacecar speed was 80km/h (pitlimiter) so everyone had to press pitlimiter when a caution comes out and slow down to that speed. we changed it during the season just because tires were cooling down even more under that speed.

i wanted to bring it back in season 2. in the test-race before the season we had a speed of 100km/h which brought up the same problems and even worse. we then decided to go faster to 120 and 150km/h.

for me it is not a problem to go 80km/h but for lots of the drivers it is. i mean as racecontroll it could help a lot with going just with pit-limiter-speed. you just klick through the field when a caution comes out and whoever does not have pitlimiter on 10 sec. after the caution comes out or when the gaps are closed, gets a penalty for speeding. we then need only 4 laps per caution in my opinion which will level out the heat problem again. as the lucky dog and gaps will be closed faster.

i am not sure why there is a resistance against 80km/h though in the drivers field. but i think it is just because of the tire-heat.

on the next race we are going slower pacecarspeed anyways because its a short track without bankings, so people WANT to cool off their tires. and i think 80km/h there is fast enough. then comes the 3.6 and aston. the 3.6 won't need any Caution and Aston won't have that much cautions, as it will be handled more like normal circuit racing. so there is no need to step out of the league now.

for the next kyoto ovals i really have some rule-changes in mind. which might force people to get cooler tires under caution and therefore a slower pace-car speed. this will also raise the strategy component of the whole thing. but i first need some testing to make sure it works. so stay tuned with it.

if the tires would not cool off that much i would prefer 80km/h as well on ovals to be honest...
Quote from Ketil :So sorry Finlay, at this point I was stuggeling with the handling, Hope we can still be friends?

Ketil

no worrys ....Im not bitter.....
#56 - Nobo
I have watched big parts in quick-motion now and in my opinion untill some lost a bit of concentration in the middle part of the race it wasnt the worst piece of oval racing and it looked like fun. Thinking myself to join again.
Nice to see for example Ketil working himself from 16th place up to 5th. Great performance.

You can see a little race report in the "news section" of our page, its just german (Sorry international folks)
aldi, you are welcome at any time

i have watched parts of the main race and also the 20 lap race. the most problems in my opinion came from people not concentrating on racing but concentrating on chatting or reading the chat massages. and also the cautions and the tire heat after a caution.

all in all it was quite ok (if we don't talk about the 20laper before the "rain brake")

i can think about a rule not having a caution at least 5 laps after finishing a caution. so maybe people try to stay clean after a restart... not sure if this would help in any way...

an other rule i am thinking and testing at the moment for all kyoto oval tracks is a tire-restriction to R2. i drove 90 laps yesterday on R2s without any trouble (not sure how they behave in draft or bumpdraft though, needs more testing). but they won't last for a whole race. the good thing is, they heat up after a caution within 1 or 2 laps. and the inner tires do not get that cold. (start: left side: 65°, right side: 65°, lap 30: inner side: 80°, outer side 112°, lap 45: inner side 75°, outer side 110°, lap 90: inner side: 65° outer side 100°)
the laptimes were not much slower and i think this is really an option then. i really need more testing with bumpdrafting and draft to see if they can blow up the tires or more the question, WHEN this blows up the tires.
if they blow up after 45 laps, it is still an option. so people with that kind of strategy have to pit in more often wheras people who run alone can stay out longer... but don't take this as granted. it is just an idea and needs much testing and isn't interesting until the second half of the season...
I didn't finish,can I count that as drop round ?
hi sully, the result with the least points will be counted as the drop result.

by the way guys, i had to change the schedule a bit for 2 races. look in the Tracks and Schedule thread please and tell it to all your friends who are in the league.

thanx!
i do like the r2s in a way, i would care either way
how's the results doin
work in progress.

its a lot more work this time, because i can't fast forward more then 4x (not sure why...) but i am working on it
k just thought id ask how its goin
really nice race report Adli!
#65 - Nobo
Maybe i can get a reporter place on the server!? You know i have a more then stable connection...
OF COURSE! you could do that AND racing

BTW...
Race Report Qualifying
===================================================
To go | Involved Cars | Actions | Peanlty for Car #
  • 17m30s | #666 | Goes reverse in pitlane | Warning for #666
  • 11m40s | #9, #22s | #22 bumpdrafts #9, no „top 50% of the grid“ bonus for both drivers | -5pts for #22s
  • 9m40s | #0, #8, #14 | #8 hits #0 after chicane. #0, #14 crash out, #8 keep on going | -5pts for #8

Race Report stopped Race
===============================================

Lap | Involved Cars |
Actions | Peanlty for Car #
  • Lap 0 | #028 | Put on wrong starting position, should be 17th is 23rd gets a 1pt bonus | +1pts. For #028
  • Lap 0 | #007 | No big number on the roof, wrong number on car | Warning For #007
  • Lap 0 | #68 | No big number on the roof | Warning For #068
  • Lap 0 | #68 | No big number on the roof | Warning For #068
  • Lap 0 | #22s | Started under wrong number because of some misunderstanding | Warning For #22s
  • Lap 0 | #7s | Started under wrong number because of some misunderstanding | Warning For #7s
  • Lap 0 | #666 | Did not turn up on start
  • Lap 0 | #3, #79 | #3 lost control over his car, hits wall and was way too fast for slow cars in front, hit #79 in the rear with over 180km/h | -10pts For #3
  • Lap 1 | #9, #55 | #55 overtook #9 before Green Flag | -10pts For #55
  • Lap 1 | #44, #66 | #44 overtook #66 under Green Flag | -10pts For #44
  • Lap 2 | #007 | #007 lose control while dire-heating and crashes out, takes his place back
  • Lap 2 | #55, #74 | #74 bumps rear of #55, both slide, #74 goes into the wall, racing accident
  • Lap 2 | #9, #11, #55, #74 | #55 braked before chicane, #74 lifted but bumped #55 a bit, #55 starts to slide and hits #9 and passing #11, causes Caution #1, racing accident
  • Lap 2 | #55, #455 | #455 hits stationarry #55, result of the crash before
  • Lap 2 | #44 | #44 hits bales on the left at the chicane, slides off the track

CAUTION #1 STARTS
  • Lap 5 | #445 | Is lucky dog
  • Lap 6 | #3, #028, #68 | #028 too close to #3 under caution, both start to slide, #3 hits #68 when sliding back on track | -5pts For #028
  • Lap 6 | #028, #55 | #028 too fast (over 160km/h) during caution, hits #55 | -5pts For #028
CAUTION #1 ENDS

• Lap 7 | #0, #3, #74, #11 | #74 tries to overtake #0 on the ouside on the kink of start finish and starts to slide, hits #0 car which flipps over, causing Caution #2 | -10pts For #74
  • Lap 7 | #0, #11, #3 | #11 hits flipping car #0, #11 slides into #3

CAUTION #2 STARTS

• Lap 8 | #3, #11 | #3 and #11 get contact when passing the chicane, #11 gets crashed out while trying to overtake during caution | |
  • Lap 8 | #44, #68 | #44 bumps #68 while going through the grass under caution, #68 spins out | -5pts For #44
  • Lap 9 | #0, Pacecar, #42,... | Big pile-up causing a RED-Flag situation, all cars have to stop. The cause of this pile-up lies in the responsibility of the pacecar driver. The pacecar went ON the track and did not speed up, and stayed at 40km/h. There was no input (steering, padels) from the pacecar what so ever until it got hit. I am not sure if this was a lag problem or a hardware disfunction, or a problem of the pacecar-driver himself falling asleep.

• Normaly under a Red-Flag situation the race will be restarted from the connection screen. We decided to go on right from the track. The red-flag situation caused the tires to cool down too much, also the starting „rain“ did the rest.
  • LFSCAR won't review all crashes after lap 9 because of the happenings in lap 9.
  • After Caution #2, another Caution (Caution #3) was needed which brought race-control to the conclusion to abort the race.
  • The restart of the race when the „rain“ stopped was set up for a 110 lap race with almost the grid before the restart. Some of the drivers really had bad luck, including #18, #68, #74 because of the mess.

In future races, a red flag situations will automatically lead into a restart of the main race from connection screen. If there are less then 10 minutes of race-progress, the race will be restarted with normal racelength and the qualifying grid. If there are more then 10 minutes done before red flag, the race will be restared with the actual positions of each car when last time passing finish line and a race-length reduction by the amount of driven laps +10 of the leader. All cars will start in the lead lap again.

Race Report 110 lap Race
============================================
  • Lap 0 some cars are set on the wrong starting position
  • Lap 1 #11 | #11 does a jump-start, gets drive through penalty by LFS
  • Lap 1 #3, #44 | #3 drives on the side of #44 aproaching the chicane, both spin out after contact | -5 pts. | #3
  • Lap 1 #55, #9 | #55 overtook #9, tried to give back the place before the chicane, after the chicane the green flag came out, so #55 overtook #9 before green flag | -10 pts. | #55
  • Lap 3 #3 | #3 times out
  • Lap 7 #44 | #44 goes on the track in the corner, crossing the yellow line | -2 pts. | #44
  • Lap 13 #028 | #028 crosses yellow line at pit entrance | -2 pts. | #028
  • Lap 14 #0, #74 | #0 hits #74, both spin out, big crash, SHOULD be a caution | -5 pts. | #0
  • Lap 14 #11, #74 | #11 hits stationary #74
  • Lap 14 #0 | #0 (is wreck) Crosses yellow line at pit entrance because no chance to go there earlier because of passing cars
  • Lap 15 #55 | #55 Spins out in T2
  • Lap 18 #44 | #44 goes to spectate
  • Lap 22 #44 | #44 rejoins race
  • Lap 22 #007, #9, #88, #55 | Several cars go through the grass because #55 on wrong line slows down, #007 passes those cars, gets hit by #88 coming out of the grass hitting the rear end of #007, causing a caution. counting it as a racing accident. It wasn't the fault of #88 nor #007.

CAUTION #1 STARTS

• Lap 23 #79, #0, #07s, #8, #42, #38, #91 | #0, #07s, #8, #42, #38, #91 pass #79 under under Caution | -10 pts. | #0, #07s, #8, #38, #42, #91
  • Lap 23 #55 | #55 slows down on start finish straight. Stays there stationary for more then 30 seconds. | -10 pts. | #55
  • Lap 25 #79 | Is lucky dog
  • Lap 26 #11, #44 | #44 hits #11 under Caution causing #11 to spin out | -10 pts. | #44
  • Lap 25 #55 | #55 overtakes several cars including the pacecar under Caution | -10 pts. | #55
  • Lap 28 #11 | Pits in

CAUTION #1 ENDS

• Lap 32 #11 | #11 lost control before chicane and crashes through chicane
  • Lap 33 #0, #42 | #42 starts to slide, #0 hits the rear of #42, #0 is too close under caution, so racing accident
  • Lap 33 #55, #79, #0, #66 | #55 lost control in T3 because of damaged car
  • Lap 33 #55 | #55 is offensive against the admins and uses offensive language against all other drivers, disconnects | -10 pts. | #55
  • Lap 37 #44 | #44 pits in
  • Lap 40 #44, #18 | #44 pits out, is very slow at the chicane. #18 could not avoid a crash and hits #44. #18 flipps over has to reset to pits. Racing Accident though.

CAUTION #2 STARTS

rest will follow through this week

nice one mate i am happy with no penalties atm
The race was NOT restarted with the positions of before the restart. I brought this up several times at the time but was ignored.
i know danny. it was really a mess. look at me for example. i should have started somewhere in the middle and ended up almoston last position at the restart. same with #68 2march.

the best solution would have been restarting the race again with qualifying results. but it needed a quick decission and to be honest i was not completely prepared for a red-flag situation, although i had a RCM for it...

as you can see in the race report, the rules are now set even for those situations.

it is like in football when the referee gives out a 3rd yellow card to a single player. he can't take back the 2nd yellow card which should have been a yellow/red one... he even can't take back the 3rd one.
Reading my post back it seems harsh, it wasn't meant to be. I know its hard on you and you turned out one of the most disadvantaged by it, I was just correcting your post.

I don't completely agree with my penalty and it seems no one has got a penalty for riding the brakes before a restart. That exact thing - riding the brakes - was the cause of my crash. I had to swerve because the person in front was still on the brakes at the restart.
Quote :Lap 23 #79, #0, #07s, #8, #42, #38, #91 | #0, #07s, #8, #42, #38, #91 pass #79 under under Caution | -10 pts. | #0, #07s, #8, #38, #42, #91

Yeah, thought it might give a penalty .... clearly my fault.
I guess if would have slowed down behind jb all the others would have done too.

A little explanation, if I am in front I try to catch the pace car.
For this I am asking for the pace car's position, looking at the minimap and going faster than the pace car (app. 200 km/h).
Which for me is a save way.

While passing jb. who runs far slower, I thought of a crashed car, which is going into pits. A few moments later I realized he was just really slow because of FCY.
At this point I had no option beside going on, because breaking would have caused a massive pile up behind me.

I have a question about the FCY procedure.
As I said if I am in front I go clearly faster than the pace car.
What is the preferred way ... going slower than the pace car an wait for it to catch me ?

Under normal conditions the pace car should leave the pits just in front of the leader. The leader can easy seen on the minimap.
@ yankman
we will have a new rule on the next kyoto oval track concerning speed and pacecar, which will make it a lot easier for the pacecar and the leader to meet each other. which will inculde the pit-limiter until the pacecar is infront of the leader. i will have to write it out, so everyone understands it. but as we don't have a pitlimiter on the autocross layout it is not important.

the correct rule would be, slowing down until pacecar speed. (not braking) just slowing down. the pacecar should come out in front of you. as far as i know, in nascar they have more then on pacecar on different parts of the track. which makes it much easier. it might be an improvement when the pacecar is not standing at pit-exit but somewhere near turn 2 on the normal oval. (not sure on that though becaue of yellow flag)

@ danny, you should write this in your race report. if it is riding the brakes as you've described it, i can review it again and it is the other cars fault then probably or the crash will be a racing accident. i watched it only from top view so far, and from that point of view it is your fault though.
-15 points for me ahh.
What are the scores on the Doors Mr F
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG