The online racing simulator
Event 8 - FE5R - FE Rally X Rev
How did everyone's race go?

Mine was ok - wanted to finish and I did, made up two or three places too.
well, after some seriously close racing with you, I had to pit, then was making up lots of ground when my GFX card hung on me, was well ticked off, but i suppose that's computers for you lol!!
I had a surprisingly good one. Dismal qualifying, got a new setup and finished 2nd from starting something like 15th. Well pleased If I hadn'd accidentally bumped to 1st gear on the last lap I might have had S.Varjonen. Managed to set the fastest lap too.
I´m really happy with my result.

The race itself was good too. Had some excellent fights at the beginning. Although after 10 laps I was left alone and had to hotlap the rest of the race. But it was still good.
Mine was great. Pool 4 (my usual pool ), started from 15th, finished 4th, in fight for the podium .
It was pretty clean race for me, all racers were fair to each other. Only at the end was a close situation when Julppu, Phabio and me was fighting for 3rd position. Julppu was the leader of this train, but He slipped in T1, Phabio passed him, but Julppu car was turning right, before me, and there was a possibility of collission. I decided not to break but keep full throttle to avoid His car (I thought if I break, I slip into His car, and anyway there was no chance to stop with breaks). Fortunatelly it was a successfull maneuver... but so close (as I checked the replay) ...phew. I think Solar was commenting this: "oof" .
Thanks guys for the race. Congrats to Hoschí.
Me so lucky there were 35 laps, not 40.

Good race, allthough I kinda lost it in the end - maybe it was horrgakx's car closing up every lap First race for a long time and it was definately worth it, thanks go to fellow racers.

See ya!
What happend in my race......Had the Tukkotrain infront and the Ruditrain behind and this kick ass keyboarder infront all the way.
Pool 1

Started in pole. Had the race under control until lap 20 or something, but then that kb guy showed up in the mirror and closed the gap for each lap but he didnt came that close to be able to make a pass so I got away with my first OLFSL race win!

And thanks Tukko for blocking them all.
#9 - Tukko
Quote from kx_mole :Only at the end was a close situation when Julppu, Phabio and me was fighting for 3rd position. Julppu was the leader of this train, but He slipped in T1, Phabio passed him, but Julppu car was turning right, before me, and there was a possibility of collission. I decided not to break but keep full throttle to avoid His car (I thought if I break, I slip into His car, and anyway there was no chance to stop with breaks). Fortunatelly it was a successfull maneuver... but so close (as I checked the replay) ...phew. I think Solar was commenting this: "oof" .

Yeah, it was a tight spot
I started 7th and finished 5th. First ten-ish laps were good but then the front tires began to overheat and the slight loss of grip resulted in lost rhythm. I was hanging with the first two positioneers pretty well up until that point. Then came the challengers. This combo gives very little changes to overtake unless some serious mistakes are made.

Indeed I had a fantastic stalling fight with Phabio, atleast it seemed like eternity. Then the one bigger mistake. Stupid me tried to avoid giving slipstream to Phabio at the main straight, and by doing that I had to take a much tighter line to t1. Classic mistake. Wide I went and tried to do every possible thing to avoid crashing into barriers. Indeed there was some closeness in the air at that moment...

This combo was pretty nice to qualify but the racing was bit too train-like. UF1 suits better the paved tracks and rallycross needs bit more power so that more overtaking opportunities arise. LX6 rallycross ftw!
Tell you exactly why I did so well, I watched the replay back and was shocked to see how many drivers were "over driving" their cars.

(pool 6) I had a look at a few people and I'm not picking anyone out specifically, but have a look at Phoenix132 and you'll see what I mean. It is like karting - if you use opposite lock anywhere you're trying too hard. People DIVING into corners resulting in the car slewing sideways and full-throttle with maximum-lock on the way out of the corner resulting in pure understeer.

In this race I saw quickly that it was all about slip-angles and using them to your advantage... standard car control went out of the window here and you had to use the car to turn itself into the corner under trail braking - but not too much as to scrub off speed. I caught "(NASSA) Hallen" as I was getting the hang of it and we had a good tussle, we overtook each other about a dozen times

Kronvall - congratulations on the win!!!

D.
Well, in pool 1 it was a clean race, 16/16 people finished. I started as 16th. In the first laps i was afraid of the huge train in front of me and all the contacts. In lap 3 i avoided asman and rapozzza who crashed in front of me, but in the next corner rapozzza reduced his steering and put me out of play. Untill i cought up in the next laps it was too late. First time in pool1 was not so bad
I had a good race apart from getting turned around in T2, after that I spent a lot of time trying to get by PHX 127. I think I pressured him pretty well, but we we're so close that I lost sight of the guy behind me on the last corner before backstraight, I clipped him, for that I'm really sorry.

Onto da Mighty MRT...have fun

AAnt
erm received a nasty roll from JJ on the "nice" U turn in the dirt (pool 5)... altho it was GOING to be a nice race... really sad i couldnt finish it but... u know shit happens
Pool 2
I had a regular race, every time in full grid I ahd 3-5 pfs en the first turn, so I always start in last pos. I say regular race couse as always I crash and I have to pit.

I hate my f*c*i*g pc...my old pc...I must to burn it.....
well, pool 1 was fun for me...until... started in 15º..,then on 3º lap, i was in 13º, when someone ( assman ) decided to kill my fun.... and hit me on t3, and made me lose 2 or 3 positions on the process and damaging the my car for the rest of the race, that was the " accident " bomberman was talking about....btw bomber...i've allready said i was sorry, and also you could lift the foot from the gas, as well and didn't.

i wasn't going to talk about it, but since bomberman mencioned 3 times!

btw bomber... a six-pack of Portuguese finnest beer is heading your way as proof of no bad intension

p.s dont drink n drive

edit: Fox 1977 aka Rapozzza
Sorry FOX. I have no doubt that you are a nice guy but it sounds a bit ironic… “you could lift the foot from the gas, as well and didn't”

The outside car has the right for the outside line and the inside car has the right for the inside line… both cars should try to keep their lines and not force each other to the outside or the inside.
Mistakes happen and this is not a really big deal but in that case judging from the control input of your car on the replay, at that very moment you seem not to try really hard to avoid him… you reduced the steering just a bit and lift the accelerator a little after the crash.

Well s**t happens… usually it just misjudgement of your speed but don’t try to make responsible the driver you hit.
that's all very pretty.. but who has the guts to, during race, respect all the rules of a standard/normal race? during race, it almost looks like that our time of reaction increases, and, even if we are carefully, we can't think right on some cases.. especially on that combo, where thousands of cars where flipping 'n all..
i didn't have much trouble in this one.. just my burning tyres.. i only touched a bit qstomeq, and it was on the rally part of t1 sorry about that m8
Fox, let's talk seriously about those beers.
lol... not trying to give responsability, share....

Quote from bomberman0r :Fox, let's talk seriously about those beers.

Heehehehhe... :drink:
Quote from kaynd :Sorry FOX. I have no doubt that you are a nice guy but ...

No but's.... of course im nice guy

lol... not trying to give responsability, share....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberman0r
Fox, let's talk seriously about those beers.

Heehehehhe... :drink:
Quote from FOX 1977 :No but's....
[snip]

No but's, but what about... Bud's (u know, the beers -lol)
Quote from migf1 :No but's, but what about... Bud's (u know, the beers -lol)

Now look what you did... now i have to go and buy beer... soo much talk about it made me wanna have one.
i got a crackling sound in my headphones and then LFS crashed thats why i got disc...
I was really looking forward to this one and I had managed to claw my way into Pool 3 for only the second time ever

Unfortunately, I had installed an over-clocking utility which came with my motherboard and (even though it wasn't doing much) it caused me to "time travel" in LFS when connected to a server (because it couldn't keep in time with the server). This meant that after about 4 or 5 laps, I was just showing as lagging and I was running around on my own. I could still see other peoples chat and I could chat, but racing was out of the question.

It took me a while (and a system restore ) to get it back, but I am now ready for MRT at AS1R!

Tim

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG