The online racing simulator
What will happen with Patch "X"
Patch "X" is rumored to open Friday, the auto update feature will update you with many new features. The OLFSL accepts and welcomes this new patch, we would however ask that you test all the "NEW" features and be prepared for what could happen.

With the "NEW" false start feature, jumping the green light is taken care of by the LFS program......ie: a time penalty, OLFSL rules still apply for taking care to be able to control your car and your reaction time should be quick to insure the racer behind you doesn't run into your bumper.

We all wish ( us at staff especially) that this will be a smooth transistion, however there will always be one or two members who get caught by surprize with a new patch. We ask for some patient in Stats and points, these are no longer available automatically (however the staff is hard at work, i'm sure we'll be the first league to bring stats back...yeah OLFSL coders).

The handicap system has NOT been investigated enough, and lord knows nobody likes to change things in mid-stream ( as some of you have pointed out) BUT, this time we don't have a choice.......it's LFS not us, we only chose a car where that feature has no bearing for this race.

Car resetting is finally an issue we hosts no longer have to sit through hours of replays... (YEAH).

So feel free to upload patch "X" when it arrives (Friday) and know that our race servers will be up to snuff.

As said on the Chat board ( FienDi will confrim this) Hotlapping for this event will be done in Patch "V" to "W" even though we will run patch "X" for the race ( unless it's not released).

We will change the OLFSL to Patch "X" after hotlapping closes ( as Ray Mooney expressed, get some practice ...your set may change)

After much change and tinkering OLFSL TV is slated to run like tickety Boo from now on, enjoy, hope this info was useful.

AAnt/ per OLFSL
Know I'm not part of OLFSL anymore, but Atom, patch X isn't rumored to be released Friday, it WILL be released Friday.
Quote from XCNuse :Know I'm not part of OLFSL anymore, but Atom, patch X isn't rumored to be released Friday, it WILL be released Friday.

We'd rather error on the side of what hasn't happened yet hasn't happened...I'm not the one releasing the patch and anything could happen...Murphy's Law after all, but i'm glad that's the only point in the post you could comment on, ( I mean that as a good thing, I, we, do respect your opinion

AAnt

p.s. the above post in no way Jinx's the new patch release...I for one can't wait (insert slobbering smiley emote here)
Just trying to clear up any confusion that could be caused.
#5 - Renku
Quote :What will happen with Patch "X"

The world will come to an end..
In the league, to avoid hazards at the start, do a lag lap at the start of the race. Then everyone will realise they need to do the start manually (it'll act as a reminder), so for the real start everyone will have it fresh in their minds.

Anyone who jumps the start or leaves it in neutral can then have 100 points deducted for being a noob
Quote from tristancliffe :Anyone who jumps the start or leaves it in neutral can then have 100 points deducted for being a noob

That will be me then .
Looking forward to it!

Thanks for putting the pressure on the tv side Ant (gulp) hehe, not got, I must go and set that up now you've reminded me!
Quote from tristancliffe :In the league, to avoid hazards at the start, do a lag lap at the start of the race. Then everyone will realise they need to do the start manually (it'll act as a reminder), so for the real start everyone will have it fresh in their minds.

Anyone who jumps the start or leaves it in neutral can then have 100 points deducted for being a noob

Sound advice my friend, sound advice

Hey JR, no pressure intended, we all know how much work you've put into OLFSL TV, it does not go un-noticed
only kidding chum - just I haven't managed to get time to test it on new pc yet - but should be fine!
Patch "X" Feature
We have been informed that running more than a 23 slot server in Patch "X" will cost us extra from 500Servers. We have always tried to run this league cost free to the membership, until we have time ( summer break Staff meeting) to discuss this, all OLFSL Servers will remain at 23 slot.

With only one race to go till summer break, this should in no way affect OLFSL. We will investigate all options in regrads to larger slots per servers for the future.

As always your comments or suggestions are welcomed

Thanks for your time today.

AAnt / per OLFSL
that makes good sense - anyway we have too many crashes with 23 racers on track, let alone more.
Are we using the full potential, 23 slots in the next race then? Well, that would be 22 racers + the host I presume.
Quote from XCNuse :patch X isn't rumored to be released Friday, it WILL be released Friday.

:haha: Sorry I just had to :-)
Well that's a point - we don't always even use 23 slots do we?
Quote from Krane : :haha: Sorry I just had to :-)

and this week we have this one

Quote from scawen :So, when will it be released? Well, of course we don't know that because the issues still need to be fixed, but hopefully the release will be early in the week. I'd be very surprised if it was released later than Friday, as I don't think there are enough problems to take us to Friday. It's a good idea to get patches out before the weekend.

It'll be released Friday, but they ain't saying WHICH Friday
most certainly this year i guess? :icon23:

What will happen with Patch "X"
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG