The online racing simulator
Suggestions
Use this thread to give feedback on your experience of IGTC and suggest ways in which we can improve it.

In-Focus:
These are topics which I believe need a special focus on at this point in time. They will be updated periodically to match current issues within the league.

1) Making sure all participating drivers understand the rules
2) Getting a full grid at each event
3) Competitors gaining a professional attitude towards the league
Not out of the championship completely, maybe losing a whole round's worth of points

And by unexcused, does that mean the team not giving an excuse or you not believing the excuse?
not giving me notice. I see your point on losing the points, but they are doing that anyway, the problem is, when this championship grows, and becomes full, then these non competitive teams are just gonna end up wasting space, hardly fair on other teams that might want to participate.
How about having a reserved list for each race. To get on the reserved list the team has to either attend or give you good enough notice about not attending the one before.
i guess thats a better option
i'd be carefull with anything that could be construed as making the series less accessible. If you miss a round, you obviously wont be recieving points.

I'd say a confirmation race thread for each round.
LOTF Will have 2 cars there.

LOTF could be responsible for checking with another team that's signed up, via PM or something.
I think perhaps teams just let this slip off their radar last round. Maybe you could just PM a few team leaders to ask for an update or any suggestions.

IGTC got quiet a little bit in the 6 week break, but if it stays active here, i believe they'll show back up.
i agree a lot of teams didn't take this series seriously . I guess they lacked the respect for me because i'm not "old" enough or something? maybe i just need to change my aproach to organising things.
Quote from BenjiMC :i agree a lot of teams didn't take this series seriously . I guess they lacked the respect for me because i'm not "old" enough or something? maybe i just need to change my aproach to organising things.

I believe you've been running this very well from what I have seen. Keep it up and don't worry about your age. Trying to find a reliable non-racing official to keep a close eye on the driving could help, but just trying to keep everyone involved you're doing fine.
Quote from BenjiMC :i agree a lot of teams didn't take this series seriously . I guess they lacked the respect for me because i'm not "old" enough or something? maybe i just need to change my aproach to organising things.

I've found it's more to do with the scheduling, the more often the races are the more ppl "pay attention"...I find the weekly or biweekly series seem to be better attended than the monthly ones (I think these days too many people have too short attention spans )

Don't get me wrong though I like monthly events but with my personal schedule these days even a monthly one for me is hard to attend
Quote from KSheppard :I've found it's more to do with the scheduling, the more often the races are the more ppl "pay attention"...I find the weekly or biweekly series seem to be better attended than the monthly ones (I think these days too many people have too short attention spans )

Don't get me wrong though I like monthly events but with my personal schedule these days even a monthly one for me is hard to attend

I also think this will help. For example every 14 day. Not every week, because then it will be impossible to participate in other series too.
For LOTF, the scheduling was a great plus for us, IMO. Our team consists of adults, many with families of their own, and large work and family commitments. The month-6 weeks between races gives us more time to plan, practice, and work on setups.

I realize our case is probably is not the norm of the series, but am hopefull of a larger field next weekend.
Quote from BenjiMC :Make any suggestions on how we could improve the championship here,

For now it's a matter of getting people to show up. I'm thinking say 2 un excused absences means dropping points, and a third means out of the championship completly. imo thats pretty fair. What do you guys think about it, or do you have better suggestions?

I support this idea too. Teams has to report absence. It´s lack of discipline not to...and their spot can be filled by another car or from an already participating teams other car.

It is normal for any league, that there will be some team exchange.
here's a thought. Take advantage of the 24hr race and see if any of those teams would be interested in joining. Maybe make a new thread in the 24hr subforum, saying if you liked this, you could try IGTC.

There was a really clean racing group of Brazilians on our server, i should try and find them.
It is a good idea but a tad rude, i mean it's almost like me going to LOTF and saying any racers here wanna drive for cP? maybe by PM rather than an all out new thread lol

Also i deliberatly chose monthly for that reason that stu said, not everyone has the time to do a fornightly league including myself and this schedule is very much like MoE and they get no problems . I am going to go ahead with the removing of teams that dont tell me they aren't attending and putting in the teams that want to attend.
Quote from BenjiMC :It is a good idea but a tad rude, i mean it's almost like me going to LOTF and saying any racers here wanna drive for cP? maybe by PM rather than an all out new thread lol

Also i deliberatly chose monthly for that reason that stu said, not everyone has the time to do a fornightly league including myself and this schedule is very much like MoE and they get no problems . I am going to go ahead with the removing of teams that dont tell me they aren't attending and putting in the teams that want to attend.

good! make it simple. The best idea is mostly the first!
Any chance we could put some thought into how to get the start a little closer. Its been pretty spread out the past couple races.
Quote from srdsprinter :Any chance we could put some thought into how to get the start a little closer. Its been pretty spread out the past couple races.

To me, the missing part is the damage thing.

Le Mans is about endurance. But the game doesn´t think too much of engine problems and other sudden problems. I really would like just a litlle more of this. It would make endurance to be much more realistic.

It´s still only focused on the drivers speed and drivers "endurance"...not the cars..except tyres.
thats really out of my hands though

As for starts, when they get closer, peopel start hitting each other. so i had to implement the spacing rule. however for this round as a trial, when the SC is near the last corner, all the drivers could bunch back up for a close start.
This isn't really suggestions, but Round 4 questions:

A) Benji – I’m trying to get word if LOTF will be able to host the race. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

B) Question on Cautions – It seems easy for cars to get stuck in the gravel @ Westhill. Will a car being stuck (or requiring a long time to get unstuck) be a condition where a Safety Car would be deployed (as per real life)?
If yes, would a RB4 Push Car be deployed, or should said car tele-pit, or is it game-over?
If no (and said car slowly was getting out of the trap), would that zone be a no-passing zone?

C) LFS Spectator has been used by our team (LOTF) for spotting and strategy during the first several races. Does anyone know if this software is compatible with patch X, or of any alternative solutions for spotting for your teammates?

D) Patch X skin downloading takes longer to join servers for some of us. It shouldn’t be a problem, but from Sector 2, drivers have ~40 seconds before the car will get to the pit.

E) A plea to the FXR drivers: Since the Global Class Balancing, the FXR has become the competitive ~equal of the FZR. I’m glad for this completely, as I love if everyone can compete with a level playing field. The FXR has grip and security of AWD making it friendly to push very hard. It is also very forgiving to some mistakes that mean almost certain disaster for the FZR/XRR.
Some FXR teams will have previously un-seen speed, and I’m happy for them. Please take extra care when racing or lapping others. From the pick-up races I’ve seen with Patch X, FXR drivers have been too willing to use aggressive bumping to get by slower cars. One nudge at the wrong place at Westhill can end the race for FZR or XRR drivers.
I hope the race is clean, and that this is not an issue on Saturday.
Quote from srdsprinter :This isn't really suggestions, but Round 4 questions:

A) Benji – I’m trying to get word if LOTF will be able to host the race. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. Thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated

B) Question on Cautions – It seems easy for cars to get stuck in the gravel @ Westhill. Will a car being stuck (or requiring a long time to get unstuck) be a condition where a Safety Car would be deployed (as per real life)?
If yes, would a RB4 Push Car be deployed, or should said car tele-pit, or is it game-over?
If no (and said car slowly was getting out of the trap), would that zone be a no-passing zone? Originally i was thinking of it as being game over but, after watching can am i'd agree to an RB4 push car to be deployed in these situations.

C) LFS Spectator has been used by our team (LOTF) for spotting and strategy during the first several races. Does anyone know if this software is compatible with patch X, or of any alternative solutions for spotting for your teammates?

D) Patch X skin downloading takes longer to join servers for some of us. It shouldn’t be a problem, but from Sector 2, drivers have ~40 seconds before the car will get to the pit. not too many skins will be new since this is round 4 but a lot of new drivers could mean it will take long, if your new then i suggest joining the server about a lap before your stint begins or downloading the higher res skins from the renders thread

E) A plea to the FXR drivers: Since the Global Class Balancing, the FXR has become the competitive ~equal of the FZR. I’m glad for this completely, as I love if everyone can compete with a level playing field. The FXR has grip and security of AWD making it friendly to push very hard. It is also very forgiving to some mistakes that mean almost certain disaster for the FZR/XRR.
Some FXR teams will have previously un-seen speed, and I’m happy for them. Please take extra care when racing or lapping others. From the pick-up races I’ve seen with Patch X, FXR drivers have been too willing to use aggressive bumping to get by slower cars. One nudge at the wrong place at Westhill can end the race for FZR or XRR drivers.
I hope the race is clean, and that this is not an issue on Saturday.

Answers in red
Suggestion!? Maybe - but at least it´s something to think about!!

I´m wondering what happens to a team if they disconnect and re-enter the race! How is the total nummer of laps calculated and is there any type of penalty given to the team!?

I´m wondering and asking because it´s really easy to use the "disconnect" to your advantage. All you have to do is have your team-mate standing by ready to enter the server..... and then pull your cable! BING you´re disconnected but your team-mate jumps in the car.

Sure, it costs a little time but nothing compared to if you just wrecked your car and have to humped back in the pits... or if you realise you are running low on fuel and can´t complete the lap!!

...and remember that the team just saved time NOT doing a pitstop!

Maybe I´m just being paranoid...
I wouldn't be too worried about it - some may do it a few times without being noticed, but it's difficult to repeat this from race to race without raising suspicion - but a DNF would be in order when getting caught.

It would be very easy to catch anyone cheating, as the disconnect have to be timed to such a degree that it doesn't cost time (compared to an ordinary pit stop).

When disconnected, you or a teammates just (re)joins the server and carry on. All completed laps will be added in the end - however, bare in mind that blue flag notices can't be trusted anymore - there isn't much to do about that without a live tracker.

So even if it for some weird reason was allowed to do a disconnect-driver-swap, it wouldn't be practical. You would be driving and wondering who you can fight and who you have to let pass - it only takes few bad moves before one would be labeled as a blocker/overly aggressive driver... too many disadvantages

Quote from azlan608 :
Maybe I´m just being paranoid...

Indeed
1. My main point:

Drop the safety car from now on. Change the rules please !!
You might wanna ask the other participating teams what they think about it.

Round 4 showed the safety car used for the entertainment only IMO.

Who got physically hurt during this race ?

Who needed the ambulance ?

Where was the ambulance on the track?

Where there any sudden rain or some parts lying on the racetrack from damaged cars?

There was no real reason to get the satefy car on track. The car once more caused a lot of confusion and race crashes as well. Have a look at Mitch on the last 2 SC periods fx...

You actually get him in trouble twice due to your SC.

Before the discussion should begin marshalls pls. tell me your reasons for deploying the safety car on the different laps.

DeadWolfBones:
"I can marshall if you need someone in a pinch (even though I'm driving)?"
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=26080

Rules:
<SPAN lang=EN-GB>3.1) Do not remain on the server once you have changed over.
Well...didn´t he as a marshall?
Don´t mix these tings. You are racer or marshall. Not both pls.

Anyways:
It was TDRT´s first international S2 race. Great race we enjoyed it a lot - great experience as well. Thanks to all of the organizers.

Post is made to improve this league and not to object on anything happened round 4.
I repeat:
Before the discussion should begin marshalls pls. post your reasons for deploying the safety car on the different laps. This must be reasons not happened before about 3 hours into the race where the SC was deployed for the very first time. Thank you.
Safety car is an integral part of keeping IGTC somewhat similar to a real sportscar race.

Yes, marshalls should be seperate, but i believe they're working on that.

Suggestions
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG