The online racing simulator
He means in a race when the safety car comes out do you slow down immediately and the no passing rule comes into effect? Or are you allowed to catch up to the safety car before having to slow down and stop passing?
i see, well you speed up to catch the SC but you cannot overtake unless the driver in front messes up.
Thanks again for the clarification.
thanks to you guys for firing the Q's at me, helps me define the rules better keep em coming if you have ANY questions about the rules
Alright, so is this situation resolved?

1) Starts/Restarts.
Simple Solution: a Non-Racing Marshall would give (type or use one of the F-keys) a
Marshall: 3….
Marshall: 2….
Marshall: 1….
Marshall: GREEN FLAG GREEN FLAG GREEN FLAG

At which point we could disengage our pit limiters. Allowing you to see if anyone disengaged early too in replay.

2) Issuing safety car.
Is there a Non-Racing Marshall(S) who is in charge of watching the race and sending out the safety car? Ideally there will be multiple people watching various parts of the track for incidents warranting SC.
What is the notification of a Full Course Yellow, Safety Car Incident?
Again,
Marshall: YELLOW FLAG SAFETY CAR YELLOW FLAG SAFETY CAR
Would be effective in letting everyone know, “No Passing” Safety car is out.

3) Blue Flag.
From the rules, I infer that this does NOT mean “MUST YIELD POSITION”. Someone in front is allowed to Maintain their pace, keep their line. The driver Lapping has the responsibility of making a Clean Pass. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Stu
Quote from srdsprinter :Alright, so is this situation resolved?

1) Starts/Restarts.
Simple Solution: a Non-Racing Marshall would give (type or use one of the F-keys) a
Marshall: 3….
Marshall: 2….
Marshall: 1….
Marshall: GREEN FLAG GREEN FLAG GREEN FLAG

At which point we could disengage our pit limiters. Allowing you to see if anyone disengaged early too in replay.

2) Issuing safety car.
Is there a Non-Racing Marshall(S) who is in charge of watching the race and sending out the safety car? Ideally there will be multiple people watching various parts of the track for incidents warranting SC.
What is the notification of a Full Course Yellow, Safety Car Incident?
Again,
Marshall: YELLOW FLAG SAFETY CAR YELLOW FLAG SAFETY CAR
Would be effective in letting everyone know, “No Passing” Safety car is out.

3) Blue Flag.
From the rules, I infer that this does NOT mean “MUST YIELD POSITION”. Someone in front is allowed to Maintain their pace, keep their line. The driver Lapping has the responsibility of making a Clean Pass. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Stu

1)it'll be "disengage limiters" then "green flag"
2) thats exactly how it's run
3) you must be predictable and allow the car lapping you to pass safely, it does not mean pull over. however you must be off the racing line.
Quote from BenjiMC :
3) you must be predictable and allow the car lapping you to pass safely, it does not mean pull over. however you must be off the racing line.

From the rules:
Quote from BenjiMC :
8) You are allowed to unlap yourself. Please make sure that you do this safely, following section 5).

Therefore; confusion. One may race to unlap themselves, but Must yield the racing line when being lapped?

Needs clarification.
if you are being caught then yeild, but if you have just unlapped yourself and are pulling away then keep pulling away
South City TS server
hey guys, I just wnat to be sure about the TS server...is it still the guess teams IP listed on the main site?...will there be channels for each team?...if so will the race marshal be able to globally broadcast?

kevin mentioned he was working on our TS server but he's got his hands pretty full these days
I have a 10-man TS server. PM me to book a place for your team (there are 6 slots spare)
Quote from BenjiMC :1)it'll be "disengage limiters" then "green flag"
2) thats exactly how it's run

Benji,
Firstly, good job running this so far, my one race was far from smooth, but fun none-the-less.

Sadly, I am disappointed that in our extensive discussion of the safety car policy, my team never was told the front line lapped cars being allowed to pass. It would have helped us, and everyone behind us, on Multiple Safety Car occassions.

I think this could have been an excusable application of the texting in-game, as we ended up being run into under caution, creating a clog under restarts, etc.

May I make a suggestion for the future:
Make the Safety Car a Micro-GTR or other race car. Have the SC enable Pit Limiter.

Any updates on the status of the rules-rewrite?

Thanks,

Stu
Benji - timing a little random but:

Why are teams with the same number of points not tied?
Quote from srdsprinter :Benji - timing a little random but:

Why are teams with the same number of points not tied?

they are, just not writen tied, however if they are tied at the end of the season it'll be down to overall results i.e. more wins etc
Quote from BenjiMC :they are, just not writen tied, however if they are tied at the end of the season it'll be down to overall results i.e. more wins etc

lol... of the 6 or so teams in ties right now, i kinda doubt any of us are going to have incongruent numbers of wins...
hehe, yeah, i see your point, well finishes and appearances count also. So it's better if you get to the races and finish them
Quote from BenjiMC :hehe, yeah, i see your point, well finishes and appearances count also. So it's better if you get to the races and finish them

This time our skin will be correct with plates Made that mistake last time!
remember it means front back and sides, not the roof
Quote from BenjiMC :remember it means front back and sides, not the roof

We did have plates on side (not IGTC ones though). Is it OK to keep the number on roof also?
ALSO yes, as long as you have front back and sides
Rule Changes/Additions
Additional rules have been made regarding attending the race and also qualifying laps:

14.1) Drivers seen taking short cuts to gain an advantage will have their laptimes deleted and start the race from the back of the grid

Teams must post in the clarrification thread before the race to say whether they are or are not attending.
Shortcuts meaning things like the raised humps on KY3R, and more than 2 tires off the road?
yes
-
Ask Questions Here (BenjiMC) DELETED by BenjiMC
Privateer Team #11 consist of John Holme ( Denmark ) & Kloun ( Estonia )

Plates and skin 'ON'

Figured out how event is ment to be run.

Team #11 reports: Fit For Fight

Better late than never

Ask Questions Here
(314 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG