The online racing simulator
Ruleset Season 2
(13 posts, closed, started )
Ruleset Season 2
The rules are now available under www.LFSCAR.com in the Rules
section.

As there are some problems with some browsers, i will post the rules here as well.

LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP SERIES RULESET
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Live for speed S2 License
- Accepted driver inscription
- For pre-race information and instant caution information you need to come on our ventrillo voice-chat. if you don't want to install it you can still participate but you will lack those information and you have to rely on in-game RCM-Messages.

CARS
XRR

To take part in the LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP SERIES you need

- A POSITIVE REPUTATION ON OVAL-RACING
You need at least 1.000 Laps on the Kyoto Oval in total (Sum of all driven laps with all cars)
or a PB on Kyoto Oval with the XRR of 39.00s or below

OR

- AT LEAST A "CTRA SILVER LICENSE" (former known as STCC-License)
The STCC licensing software has moved to UKCT Servers now.

- Known wreckers will not be able to join LFSCAR: As an CTRA (former STCC) Partner League we have been granted access to the notes on drivers who compete on CTRA servers. LFSCAR also does not accept drivers who have bad reputation either on [FM] Servers or CTRA servers.
- Inscribe in the driver inscription thread in the official forum. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22293
- Choose at least two different car-numbers (1st choice, 2nd choice,...)which are not taken by any other driver
- 0 - 999, 7 is different to 07 and different to 007 . If you are not sure about the availability of your chosen number go HERE. LFSCAR will give you a number according to your choices.
- Your driver application will be confirmed in the forum in your posting by the admin.
- If your inscription is rejected you get a message with the reason why you can't take part in the series and solutions for that.
- Joining the series during the season is allowed with an approved application prior of the race.
- After race 5 of the series you are only allowed to join with CTRA Gold License (or better) or a very good Oval Junkies reputation.

SKINS AND NAMES
Skin:
- Number has to be written on the roof and on both sides of the car LARGE ENOUGH to read it properly from bird-view and tv-camera.
- Please upload your car-skin AFTER getting your "accepted notification" with the "edit" button in the lfs-folder, OR send it directly to fischfix@gmx.at
- Design your car according to your main sponsor/team. If you have problems with making a proper skin, feel free to contact [FM]Fischfix (Skype, ICQ, MSN, e-Mail).

Name:
- Edit your driver name according to following example:
#99_[ST]FrankNFurter (number-sign "Car-Number" underscore "Name used in Application"

Number:
- Use the car-number you have been accepted with at the inscription on your number plate

GENERAL RACEDAY SCHEDULE:
The complete event will last for about 2 hours (including qualifying, sprint Race and Main Race)
- Single Qualification: starts at 18.15 UTC
- After single qualification: Setting up Grid for sprint race
- Pre Race information in Ventrillo Voice chat
- Sprint Race (6 Laps) (Double-File Start, NO Caution)
- 5min. brake
- Setting up Main Grid
- Main Race (Double File-Start, Single-File Restarts, Lucky Dog)

QUALIFYING
On all Kyoto oval and Aston layouts:
- The qualifying will be a 20min. open qualifying
- NO bump-drafting is allowed
- you can do normal drafting
- if you crash, you have to shift+p or shift+s immediately
- qualifying will be part of the reviewing process, so don't cross yellow lines either!

On AutoX layouts:
- The qualifying consists of a normal single qualifying and a 6 lap sprint race with flying start

Single Qualifying:
- Mode: 1 out-lap, 2 fast-laps
- If two drivers have the same lap-time, the one who qualified earlier will be rowed first.
- doing more then the allowed two fast-laps will result in rowing you back to last position
- Please keep chatting to a minimum during this session.

Sprint Race:
- The top 27 drivers of the qualifying will have a sprint-race right after the single-qualifying.
- on the speedway layouts only the top 15 drivers will qualify for the sprint race, however if we have more then 24 qualifiers we might have a second server
- 6 Lap Race with flying start
- Starting grid according to the Single Qualifications Result
- The result of the Sprint Race is the final starting grid for the main race

RACE
- Race will be started with flying start behind the pace-car (see flying start rules)
- if there is a server problem, race-control will take the right actions to solve the problem (reducing laps e.g.)
- The race-length will be set according to the schedule for each track but all races will be about 80min. in length in total
- The 3.6° Knockout event is a 3.6 lap tournament on the drag-strip

POINT SYSTEM
Race Result
1. = 180 Pts.
2. = 170
3. = 165
4. = 160
5. = 155
6. = 150
7. = 146
8. = 142
9. = 138
10. = 134
11. = 130
12. = 127
13. = 124
14. = 121
15. = 118
16. = 115
17. = 112
18. = 109
19. = 106
20. = 103
21. = 100
22. = 97
23. = 94
24. = 91
25. = 88
26. = 85
27. = 82
28. = 79
29. = 76
30. = 73
31. = 70
32. = 67
33. = 64
34. = 61
35. = 58
36. = 55
37. = 52
38. = 49
39. = 46

Bonus:
+5 Pts. Being under the top 50% of Qualifying (after Sprint Race)
+5 Pts. Pole Position (at Main Race)
+5 Pts. Fastest Lap-time Bonus in Main Race
+5 Pts. Highest Climber Bonus
+5 Pts. Leading-Bonus if a driver leads a complete lap during the race

THE RESULT WITH THE LOWEST POINTS WILL BE CANCELED AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
- The team-championship is set according to all points of all team members divided by the amount of team drivers.
- There have to be at least 2 drivers per team to be counted in the championships
- e.g. Team FM has three drivers with the total points of 900, the team-championship points will be 900/3 = 300 Pts.
- if you are a driver without another team-member joining the series, you can form your LFSCAR-Team with other drivers. PM me (Fischfix) for that information.

PENALTY-SYSTEM
- All accidents that lead to a CAUTION-phase will be reviewed post race.
- All other accidents have to be brought in by the drivers post race in the official Report thread.

All above mentioned actions are ruled by the following system:
- 0 pts penalty = racing accident (bumps e.g.: motto: move em, don't wreck em)
- 2 pts penalty = crossing the yellow line when entering or exiting pits
- 5 pts penalty = minor Accident (bumps during caution-phase, riskful driving, minor crash)
- 5 pts penalty = Not using a proper skin or naming in the main race
- 5 pts penalty = Riding the brakes during start or restart procedure to bring up the turbo
- 5 pts penalty = bump-drafting in qualifying for the bumper, NO 5pts bonus for top 50% qualifiers for both cars
- 10 pts penalty = major Accident (racing crash with a avoidable error of one driver)
- 10 pts penalty = disregarding RCM messages, like "close big gaps" from race-control
- 10 pts penalty = overtaking before green flag command at restarts and caution phases
- 10 pts penalty = disobeying "Don't bump-draft me" message
- 10 pts penalty = unnecessary comments in Ventrillo or ingame Chat.
- 20 pts penalty = serious Accident (disregarding caution, reckless driving, crashing to gain an advantage)
- DQF penalty = massive Accident (on purpose useless crashing)

- cheating = DQF from the complete Series

- if a driver receives 4 or more penalties in one race, or more than 24 penalty points in a single race this will result in a race disqualification.
- If a driver receives more then 30pts penalty points in a single race, this will result in a race disqualification and a race suspension for 1 to 3 more races depending on the actions.
- If a driver receives more then 50 pts penalty points OVERALL , this will result in a race suspension for the next 1 to 3 races.

- Crashing the pace-car will result in an instant disqualification.
- Speeding in pit-lanes will result in the penalties provided by LFS itself
- Any disobeying of LFSCAR race-control will result in an instant disqualification.
- Blocking will not cause a penalty (although it might be slower) but you are allowed to defend your line.

ACCIDENTS, TIMEOUTS
- reseting cars:
reseting your car will be allowed only on the AutoX-layouts and only in the "pits" behind the white line (white marked area in the infield).
- if you flip your car you will have to press shift+s
- You are allowed to press shift+s and re-enter the race BUT all your driven laps are deleted.
- If you timeout from the server, you can re-enter the race BUT all your driven laps are deleted.
- If you experience a serious accident you can call out for a caution-phase with a in-game bind: e.g."PACE-CAR REQUEST!!" or "CAUTION REQUEST!!"
- The pace-car comes out if there are more then 2 individual requests after a crash or when a car on track is a danger to the race.
- LFSCAR can even give out a red flag command when necessary. In that case everyone stops his car as soon as possible and waits for further instructions.

FLAGS
- we use standard flag rules with the exception of Blue Flag
- Blue Flag: Means you are going to be lapped but are allowed to draft with any car you want. You don't have to go out of the way but we have:
- a gentlemen agreement: Don't mess up leading groups approaching you!
- but you can fight for position to stay in lead lap.
- if you want to bump-draft, the other car can refused so by using ingame-massage. Obbey his wish!

CAUTION PHASES (PACECAR PHASES)
- Caution phases are either requested by the drivers (more then 2 individual requests) or by LFSCAR race-control
- A caution-phase will last for not less then 5 laps and will last as long as necessary.
- Whenever there are serious accidents or slow cars on track, race-control can start a caution-phase to prevent more accidents, and to give damaged cars the chance to repair.
- you are allowed to clear your drive-through and stop&go penalty during a caution due to lfs-game restrictions (in lfs you are not able to pit until you have cleared the penalty first)

- A caution-phase starts by a YELLOW message in the middle of your screen: "CAUTION! PACECAR! NO OVERTAKING! SINGLE FILE".
- When Caution is spoken out you have to slow down to about 120km/h.
- NO RAPID BRAKING, JUST ROLL OUT TO THE SPEED OF 120KM/H.
- NO OVERTAKING WHAT SO EVER (Except crashed cars)
- if you overtake by mistake, you MUST give back your gained places by the next time passing the finish line!
- STICK TO SINGLE FILE BUT LEAVE ENOUGH ROOM
- NO NEED FOR A HURRY WHAT SO EVER!
- Crashed cars are allowed to enter pits, all others are not.
- If you are in the pit entrance (behind the red barriers) when a caution phase starts, you are allowed to do the pit-stop.
- The pace-car comes out and will place itself in front of the leading car!
- If you are between the pace-car and the leading car, the pace-car will tell you if you are allowed to pass.

- Wait for next command: "CLOSE BIG GAPS TO SINGLE FILE, PITS ARE OPEN!".
- This command comes when the pace-car is in front of the leading car.
- If you have a BIG gap in front of you to the next car, you are allowed to speed up to close that gap.
- leave enough room so you don't touch the car in front
- After this command everyone is allowed to pit.

- Next command will be: "LUCKY DOG PASS"
- race-control will tell who is the "lucky dog" (usually its the first car that is a lap down). That car can pass the field to get back into lead lap.
- The leading car has to maintain pacecar-speed, NO BREAK CHECKING!
- leave enough room so you don't touch the car in front

- next command: "LAST LAP UNDER PACECAR MAINTAIN SPEED UNTIL GREEN FLAG".
- The pace-car will enter pits in this lap.
- The leading car will maintain the pacecar speed until the "GREEN FLAG!!!" comes out.

- When the "GREEN FLAG!!!" message comes out, the race is free again
- you DON'T have to wait until finish line to overtake!

FLYING START
- All Races will be started with a flying start.
- This is almost the same like a caution phase but it will run in double file.
- STAY IN YOUR FILE WHERE YOU ARE SET AT THE GRID (left OR right)
- Stay behind the car in front of your file, leave enough room so you don't touch the car in front.
- After the command "Pacecar will enter pits" the pace-car will enter pits during this lap.
- Don't overtake or crash what so ever before the finish line.
- The leading car will maintain the pacecar speed until "GREEN FLAG!!!!" message comes out.
- When"GREEN FLAG!!!!" message comes out the two leading cars will floor the pedal and the race is free.
- Don't overtake before GREEN FLAG!!!!

OVERTAKING
- Overtaking is if one of your front wheels is further towards the finish-line in race direction then the DRIVERS HEAD of the other car.
- A corner is "your corner" when your front tires are further towards the finish-line in racing direction then the car next to you. If a corner is "your corner" you have the right of way.
- remember if a car is on the inside of you, he might be much closer towards the finish line then you are even if his front tire is only next to your door.

DRAFTING AND BUMP-DRAFTING
- every car is allowed to draft with every other car

Bump-drafting:
- Bump-drafting is allowed between all cars
- Try to use that technique to your advantage.
- don't bump if you are not sure about the car in front and the drivers ability of handling it.
- crashes which were the outcome of bump-drafting will be judged harder because it can be seen as risk-full driving.
- if a driver does not want to bump-draft he can use a bind like. "Don't bump-draft me!"
- respect "Don't bump-draft me" messages and use normal drafting instead.
- any disregarding of bump-draft messages will result in a 10pts. penalty

COMMUNICATION
- Keep communication in the LFS-Chat to a minimum.
- Keep communication in Ventrillo to a absolute minimum
- These "channels" should be used for race-control and Bump-draft-Messages
- if you want to communicat with your team-members or your spotter, use one of the private channels in ventrillo or teamspeak
- the ventrillo event-channel is only for race-control and really important informations
- any unnecessary comment in game during the race or qualifying will result in a 10pts. penalty
- keep voice-chat communication to a minimum during race and keep silence during qualification (race-control excepted)
- you can use the in-game chat during qualifying

WEATHER
To know if there will be any wind on race-day (on the main race / sprint race) go to following pages:

- For wind-prediction on all Kyoto layouts go http://www.wunderground.com/global/s...=sunon#History

- For wind-prediction on Speedway track go to http://www.wunderground.com/US/VA/Martinsville.html

- For wind-prediction: on 3,6° Knockout and the Pancake Layout go to
http://www.wunderground.com/US/TN/Bristol.html

- For wind-prediction on Aston go to http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03534.html

- Real life wind 0 -10km/h => no wind in LFS
- Real life wind 11 - 30km/h => medium wind in LFS
- Real life wind +30km/h => strong wind in LFS
- Wind is set right before the sprint race according to the websites and above wind-conversion
Just a question ... why do the lapped cards go to the inner file in double file restarts ?
From my point of view lapped cars are usually slower and should go to the outer file .... so restart keeps clean.
rules changes:
- Point system
- amount of qualified drivers due to patch W9
- lappers go to outer file (my idea in the first point was, when putting cars to the inner file they might have a biger chance to relap themself, allthough the main purpose should be, that all cars know who their opponents are. so its much saver to have the faster cars on the inner file. however i think if two cars on the outerlane can have also an advantage on some of the tracks.
i made some changes to the reseting rules in accidents chapter.
i made some changes to the maximum amount of qualified people. as we are only able to have 15 cars (+ pacecar) on the outcross tracks. also on other tracks we have to have 27 cars instead of 28 because of the pacecar.
I'd love to read the rules and register, even if only for the 360 later this season, but i cant scroll down on the website to read them
#7 - J.B.
I might be interested. But I have neither a microphone, an STCC license or any oval experience. I've been racing FOX, FO8 and BF1 in OWRL for quite some time. How hard will it be for me to get in? Is there a particular server on which I should get some kilometres to qualify?

Also, are there any race replays around so I can have a look at what LFSCAR oval racing is about?
The servers you should practice are either the FM Oval servers (Oval Junkies, Oval Starters. which are running with patch W17 (so you might not see them when you run an older version). One of the servers we have a lot of races with FXR on the oval. but if you master the BF1 on the oval with some good laptimes on the main server, i think you are ready enough (although gtr is more fun *g*)

the other way is to race on the STCC servers and earn at least a silver license. this is not related to oval racing although it teaches and improves racing sense in general.

P.S: J.B. something is wrong with your lfs-world account. you are listed as Demo Racer.

You don't need a microphone at all. (the less talk on voicechet the better). voice-chat is mainly for your information during the race about caution flags, wrecks and passing rules during a caution. and of course for pre-race information.
#9 - J.B.
Thx. I'll have a look at the GTR oval servers as soon as I can then. BTW I only use this Demo account on the forums, I have an S2 account for racing.
i've changed the inscription requirements, as the STCC license no longer exists or is transfered to UKCTRA license.
i have made A LOT of changes to the rules which were necessary after last weeks-test-event.

in short:
- you don't have to have ventrillo or teamspeak installed, it is optional!
- voice-chat and game chat usage is reduced to a minim except race-control (pace-car driver and admin)
any unnecessary comment is a 10pts penalty, use a private channel for communication with your spotter or team-members

- green flag rule during the double-filed flying start at the main race

- NO DOUBLE FILE at RESTARTS, this is also very important to all potential race-leaders, as the it tells you when you are allowed to floor the pedal

- lucky dog pass, but no reordering of the field.

- pace-car speed will be not more then 120km/h in last lap. LIVE WITH COLD TIRES!

- team-championship: you can form a lfscar team if you are not racing in one team so far

- overtaking rules

- resets of flipped cars

- drafting rules

- bonus points for leading lap will count even during pacecar phases

i recommend to everyone to check all the rules section ON THIS PAGE as i will need some time to update the information on lfscar.com
simplified the green flag rules:

the race is now free at the very moment the "GREEN FLAG!!!!" message comes out. You DON'T have to wait to finish line to overtake.
Qualifying:
depending on how many drivers we will have either the normal qualifying as it is in the rules. OR if there are that many drivers we will have something different.

the normal qualifying is:
1 outlap 2 fastlaps, 6 laps sprint race

if there are more then 16 drivers the alternative qualifying will be:
20 min. open track qualifying, any kind of drafting is allowed, you are allowed to do as much laps as you want. Wrecks HAVE TO shift+s as soon as possible. there won't be any sprint race. right after the qualifying we will set up the grid for the main race. use this time for your cigarette or peeing brake after you are set to your starting position.
this format is because in the warm-up heat, the whole qualifying procedure needed too much time.
This thread is closed

Ruleset Season 2
(13 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG