The online racing simulator
Event 6 - Kyoto National Reversed
One word... intense. Those cars truly take some mastering.

RABBIT - on the 1st lap my replay unfairly showed you banjo-ing around due to lag, but you hit the wall(?) and took me out in the 1st chicane... what does your replay show?
Are you talking about Event 6 - Kyoto National Reversed?

If so: Pool 2 - So long and thanks for all the lag!
Oops where did I get that from - the Results page probably - AS Historic my ar$e

VERY laggy race.
I hereby state that I will NEVER EVER drive that raceabout again.
Scratching my skin off with my fingernails seems more fun..
...on the brighter side, drove a new and although laggy as 2400, I hit no other cars..
Thanks for hosting, ant!
Someone please change the boob I made on the title
-
(LRB_Aly) DELETED by LRB_Aly : After the merging of the 2 threads this message is there in double
Pool 4 went pretty smooth. I didn't see any accidents, although I buggered up my start by leaving my shifter in neutral .

Well done to the winner's of all the races, as well as all the podium finishers. Next round will be great!
Well it was a good/fun first OLFSL race for me, Pool 5.

I had a spin on lap 1 which put me into 17th but made my way back to 4th, getting the fastest lap in the process. Well done to the podium finishers, great racing.

The RAC sure is a handfull to control but I did enjoy the race alot. There was lag but I wasn't affected by it.

Yeah, next round should be fun. Atleast the car will be easier to handle.
Event 6 - Kyoto National rev / RAC
My massage on Clownpaint forum, I dont have anything else to say, that's it.
OLFSL has the worst servers on planet! They lag like hell. We tried on one server but it lagged, then we moved to other, that one lagged even worst, but we still did race there. I had so big lags that you cant believe that... I just finished race driving around. You can say it's my connection, but i didn't get disconnected!!! You can say my connection is slow, but it isn't everyone had lags and i had the most.... OLFSL has the worst servers on planet!!!
And too add, great combo for Hotlapping
I must admit we had lag today on Server one for Pool one - but Pool 5 used the same server an hour before and it was fine. I think we had an overall high ping rate from a lot of racers which caused problems.
Also 19 racers was quite high for a OLFSL race.

OLFSL server 2 wasn't laggy, I think again, it was people on it who were laggy.
Quote from russraine :LFSL server 2 wasn't laggy, I think again, it was people on it who were laggy.

I concur. Hey, there are two round 6 threads, merge them!
Mmh well that was a real bad start for me in OLFSL. I started 8 and finished 7th but 3 incidents in 1st laps (which I couldn't avoid) put me at place 17 after 1 lap. So I had to fight my way back.
1 thing I want to clarify:
I had an incident with Hoschi in the 2nd grand curve where I was also told that it was my fault that we made contact and both of us crashed or almost crashed. I think that's not for me to decide and surely also not for Hoschi (as we both were directly involved) but the stewards should decide on this. (I post the lap later, forgot to memorize it)*

BTW: Even though I'm no fan of the RAC (it simply doesn't suits me) I enjoyed this race, it was as mentioned somewhere above intense.

Bout the lag: Yes there was lag, but to say they have the worst servers is a little bit exaggerated. I saw much worse servers in leagues.
Niki, you were lagging in the servers before the race too, like 1st server and you were the only one who was experiencing this lag, so yes, a big part of it is your connection. (Just because you didn't lag out, doesn't mean the lag isn't your fault btw.)

The servers were slightly laggy but it the second one was definetely better than the first, even though I still had a couple of lag bumps at the start.

My race was good, was quite enjoyable wathing the small gap to the 2 behind vary every lap, untill Trudi decided to cut the grass and Maik slowed down (Damage I think) it was pretty much hotlapping again.

Roll on the next race, with hopefully a mix of cars.
I'm not admin here, otherwise I would tindy up this forum, it's in a right state!
I believe that there was more then 10 ppl who had ping over 200 ms, maybe even more then 300. I had 113 ms ping! And i think there was never been 19 cars in OLFSL race
btw. I'm downloading race stream now. 103kb/s is speed of downloading...
Quote from N I K I :
btw. I'm downloading race stream now. 103kb/s is speed of downloading...

It's all about upload speed in online gaming. So it doesn't matter how fast you can download if the upload doesn't work as it should. Found pool 3 a bit laggy too, it's almost impossible to race when the car front of you is disappearing all the time and cars seem to get into awful slides but they actually drive normally, it's a mess and I got pumped off to the gravel because of the lag.

edit. The grave, the grave Solar!
The grave or the gravel?

Solar Hydro
Quote from N I K I :My massage on Clownpaint forum, I dont have anything else to say, that's it.
OLFSL has the worst servers on planet! They lag like hell. We tried on one server but it lagged, then we moved to other, that one lagged even worst, but we still did race there. I had so big lags that you cant believe that... I just finished race driving around. You can say it's my connection, but i didn't get disconnected!!! You can say my connection is slow, but it isn't everyone had lags and i had the most.... OLFSL has the worst servers on planet!!!
And too add, great combo for Hotlapping

Thanks, I've noted this and will be in touch with 500servers, however you might be unaware that today seemed to be the exception rather than the norm.

As for the great combo for hotlapping, one thing we (OLFSL) have always done is challange our drivers with car/track combos that they would not normally drive. I'm sure many drivers will tell you they feel much better about driving the RAC now.

There is no easy answer to the lag problem that occurred today without asking 500servers for some details first, overall, almost every driver finished BUT yes we all noticed lag.

We will strive to improve this in whatever way we can........now buckle up and head to BL1R for the XRR vs FXR, 0:00:42 seperate these two beasts.

OLFSL "P" Server is open for practice.

AAnt
Maybe the 500servers were a bit overloaded today, but they've been fine up until now, so saying we have the worst servers is wrong.
I still think that we had a couple of very high pingers which caused it myself, but we shall see.
You'lve also got to remember contention ratio everyone, at that time of the evening the internet is very popular, if the rest of your group (say your ratio is 50:1 are downloading and uploading then it will affect you).
#19 - uhu
@ GFC.nBio I m really sorry. Just saw the replay.I Did not calculate correct your speed and our distance.I m always losing my concentration when looking left or right.Especially in that track at the oval section.
I have to say that the server in pool 3 was much more lag-ish than in the tuner race. It was a very clean race, but could be better with less lag
From my perspective, the lag was highly unusual, and it affected multiple servers (I hosted and raced). At some stage I thought it was me... apologies if I affected other ppl's race.

Solar Hydro
Has anybody downloaded the server mpr's from pools 3 and 4? I am writing the race report for my team website and I could use them for a review and some screenshots! It's pretty urgent too, if anyone can provide them please answer me asap! Thanks in advance.
P.S. I know the round 7 races just ended, but I need the Kyoto race replays, no, I'm not mistaken
Quote from Makinen :Has anybody downloaded the server mpr's from pools 3 and 4? I am writing the race report for my team website and I could use them for a review and some screenshots! It's pretty urgent too, if anyone can provide them please answer me asap! Thanks in advance.
P.S. I know the round 7 races just ended, but I need the Kyoto race replays, no, I'm not mistaken

I will see what I can do for yah.

AAnt

Event 6 - Kyoto National Reversed
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG