The online racing simulator
Olfsltv
me and fireball commentating today
#3 - CSU1
how to watch? Its asking me for http password whem I try to open with VLC?(

E: its ok now...sorry;/

E: yuck, how come its all fuzzy and then it freezes about 5 seconds into each stream?
Hi

OLFSL TV feedback:

Quality has improved.

Even with sound on winamp at the minimum, a ear distortion.

Last time it was with less quality, but image streaming was more fluid.

Today is buffering every 5/8 seconds... it's hard to keep watching.

( my connection = 8 MG / using winamp 2.8Mhz processor / 1Gb RAM / ATI X700 )

This is to help improve the broadcast, only constructive opinions.
Thanks for broadcasting
hopefully should be working now - pc touble, as usual!
I dont get a picture.

Working now.
#7 - CSU1
I see you working ajehehehe! is that your mom!
Sorry about the problems - last minute technical hitch before Pool Two was due to start. We should be running ok until the end now.
Saved replays of pool 1 and pool 4 here:
Pool 1
Pool 2
Pool 6

hf, Tys

<edit>
Link of Pool2 corrected
<edit²>
Added last stream
Don't know what pool the 2nd stream is, but it's not pool 4.
Thanks
Thanks for uploading stream recordings, sorry no commentary on Pool one - I wasn't up for doing it on my own, was waiting for Fireball to join again, be he didn't

But I sorta enjoyed doing it with him (errrr), so you never know, might happen again!
Event 6 Pool 1 streamdump
Wow that was quick TysCaargh - thank you!

Although with crap sound this week, people might be better of downloading the replay later, but thank you for doing it!
This weekend
There may not be any streaming this weekend folks.

The streaming pc is currently in pieces all over the floor. The building of the new pc has begun, but waiting on a new BIOS chip before I finish.

I hope to have it finished before Sunday, but can't promise anything.

On a seperate note.

I am interested in how many people are still using the stream. I know we've had problems recently, which is a shame, as there has been some good racing.

Basically the OLFSL donation tin is near empty, so if there isn't much of an audience at the moment, then I need to evaulate if it is worth the money to keep it going without donations. I'm not paying for servers if only 3 people are watching

I do hope to be able to get the stream really good soon (lots of ideas in the pipeline), what with new PC etc, but you need to let me know if you want it to stay or not guys and gals.
Well I watch it every time it's possible. Last time I couldn't trough, the pools overlapped badly so it wasn't possible.

I hope it was possible to arrange the pools so that pool 1 (the main event imo) could be viewed by many OLFSL racers as possible.
I guess Pool one could be scheduled on it's own last out of all the pools, and as I usually host it anyway.
I guess if Tessu gets enough requests then it might be possible.

I'll try and get it all working, just ordered the BIOS chip, so it should arrive before weekend, just hope it works!
I always have watched the striming since this reverse rumble. I know that my mates and friend from mexico have do it too.
#18 - S0ul
Im sorr if this ma sound a bit harsh, but if ou dont offer a good service there wont be an donations, it shouldnt be vice versa. If ou get our problems fixed and do some commentar once in a while,the mone might be flowing again.
I reall dont want to offend ou, as I still enjo OLFSLTV but i just wanted to give m opinion about this

PS:ou might have noticed that one letter doesnt work on m keboard,I wonder if ou find out which one it is XD
Quote from S0ul :Im sorr if this ma sound a bit harsh, but if ou dont offer a good service there wont be an donations, it shouldnt be vice versa. If ou get our problems fixed and do some commentar once in a while,the mone might be flowing again.
I reall dont want to offend ou, as I still enjo OLFSLTV but i just wanted to give m opinion about this

PS:ou might have noticed that one letter doesnt work on m keboard,I wonder if ou find out which one it is XD

Y isn't it working? hehe.

I sometimes use OLFSTV to check the race results of other pools after mine is finished, but not very often. I like the idea that pool 1 is at a special time - meaning some of the other pools may get coverage.
#20 - S0ul
Quote from mcintyrej :Y isn't it working? hehe.

I sometimes use OLFSTV to check the race results of other pools after mine is finished, but not very often. I like the idea that pool 1 is at a special time - meaning some of the other pools may get coverage.

hehe,our guess was correct....what a nuisance XD
Yes I must admit the service hasn't been great recently.
The start of the season was fine, but have just had problem after problem last few races.

The new pc has run in to some problems, having to get a new motherboard so that wont be ready for this weekend, however it still might be possible to stream pools one and two, but I will need to test.
nearly
Me and FienDi spent all day trying to fix, problems with sound for some reason - hope to have it fixed - think I need to reinstall Windows XP to be honest, haven't got time though
Right then - 3 quaters during the second stream I managed to Fix sound and video for the stream. This means now we have a fully working stream system on Vista 64bit. Expect it to be fine from now on, I promise!
Sorry
I'm afraid to say that OLFSLTV, in it's present form has been axed.
The donations have run out again, as I said before I was going to pay for the server rental till the end of the season, but I am actually not well off at the moment (lost one of my jobs).
The only viable options are a sponser for the server rental or someone implementing a P2P streaming system.
There is about £10 left in the donation tin, that isn't enough to share around to everyone who has donated so I might send it to charity, if anyone has any suggestions to which charity, please post in the chatterbox, otherwise I will choose.

Olfsltv
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG