The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sam, lets just call it the DSLA (Dustin and Sam Licence Assosiation :P)

Nah just call it D.U.S.T.I.N - Dustin's United Sim Training IT Noobs

Best of luck again Guy's
Naah, my ego isn't THAT big that it needs the whole system named after me, just a majority of it named after me.
Great news for lfs racers
Thanks Becky,UKCTRA,Sam and all of the people who works hard to bring back this great project..
Thank you Sam, for keeping this awesome project alive, and thank you Becky, for making that possible [etals:]
Quote from hughesie89 :what her?

i have just heard now that stcc is closed
what happended was there any warning
ok so is going to be something simalar ukctra is it going to be like stcc

seriously - read the thread first, this is the second time you've posted something like this
to becky rose,, with all that has happenned within lfs and your real life i think you are an outstanding person to listen to all those who miss sttc and give up all your hard work so that they may carry on with the princibles of the system you placed within the community,,i think i speak for 99 percent of us out here when i say well done for showing people what its like to be a strong person and for still caring about others even in times of stress,,YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON and dont let anyone tell you different,,if i ever met you in real life you would get a great big hug and thank you from me,, i hope all goes well in yopur future,,bye for now becky and good luck
BRILLIANT news. But i can't help but wonder, are the new features coming that would have been in SRA? Such as the Logitech Rally servers..

Oh, and i'd just like to give a huge thanks to Becky Rose, for handing the project over, as well as Sam. For being there all the way through.

You guys have revolutionised the way people think and play LFS, I hope you can continue to do so in the future.

Thanks!
Right. Well.. I was informed this morning that i am learning Basic (blitz basic.. whatever it is), so it looks like i have alot of work ahead of me (damn you simon) LOL....

I'd like to just start of by saying a big thanks in advance for all the support you guys are showing for this.. and i'm hoping i can call on a few of you basic programmers if i get stuck <G>...

Anyways, Just to clarify for you guys, when (if) if figure this out, and get something working, we will consider changes to the Branding and structure of the authority.

Until the software is complete, it will pretty much be used by UKCT and branded as such until completed (although you can all still use it as much as you like ).. Once completed, we will throw the question of stucture, and branding out there for you guys. Until then, please dont start with the complaints about the branding etc etc.... It has to start somewhere, The main reason for Calling it UKCTRA atm is purely so people know who to report any bugs etc to

ta

Mikey
Well, mike, I've taken a look at the source also and it has some similarities to PHP, so I'm sure you can get it. Somehow I think that you can do it.
btw. I never, ever, comment my code. I have no nead, I speak it natively, so the poor soul is in for a rough ride.
thats ok becky... just dont give me hell about my indenting again

hehehehehehehehe

Thanks Becky.. You are a star
Quote from SamH :I'm beginning to think that "SRA" or "SMRA" (Sim Motor Racing Authority/Association) is not an unreasonable name for it.

How about "SImulated Motorsports Competition Authority? It has an easy-to-pronounce acronym.
Quote from wsinda :How about "SImulated Motorsports Competition Authority? It has an easy-to-pronounce acronym.

::shudders::

LOL! Think of something elllllssssssse!!!
Points system/commands seem to be down Sam/whoever
SamH - Just curious, what's your confidence that you'll be prepared for this next game patch coming out? From what I understand, the current system will be totally screwed by it?

Becky - Just started playing LFS, and on the STCC servers last week. I enjoyed it while it lasted... Also enjoyed watching the race coverage.. Thanks!
Quote from The Moose :Points system/commands seem to be down Sam/whoever

I'll check into it.. I just asked on one of the servers, and was told it's working fine I'll go in, in a moment, to test for myself
Quote from Macels :SamH - Just curious, what's your confidence that you'll be prepared for this next game patch coming out? From what I understand, the current system will be totally screwed by it?

Scawen's leaving some legacy constructs, to help make the transition more gentle. This will help tremendously. The best bit is that Becky's given us the SRA2 source as well as the original SRA source, and the SRA2 has most of the work already done for us. The only obstacle is the learning curve. We've 2 weeks to get on top of it, though, and I think we'll be there, or nearly there, by the time Patch X goes live
The New Insim being released is a bit of a challenge, However Becky had already started on a re-write of the current system to work with it. We're quietly confident we will be able to complete our changes in time, however, we cant promise.. Both Myself and Sam are learning basic just to complete this.. So it's a learning project for us.

This being said, we have already had a look at the existing code, and it seems to make sense.. shouldn't be anything we cant handle

--- Looking into the points system problem now guys, thanks

[edit]
Sorry for the duplicate team post guys... his post wasn't submitted when i clicked reply lol
[/edit]
Quote from SamH :I'll check into it.. I just asked on one of the servers, and was told it's working fine I'll go in, in a moment, to test for myself

Definitely not working on 2B
Visual Basic? I know VB6 (well, as it pertains to VB for MS office) pretty well if you need any advice or help.

Quote from mkserve :The New Insim being released is a bit of a challenge, However Becky had already started on a re-write of the current system to work with it. We're quietly confident we will be able to complete our changes in time, however, we cant promise.. Both Myself and Sam are learning basic just to complete this.. So it's a learning project for us.

This being said, we have already had a look at the existing code, and it seems to make sense.. shouldn't be anything we cant handle

--- Looking into the points system problem now guys, thanks

[edit]
Sorry for the duplicate team post guys... his post wasn't submitted when i clicked reply lol
[/edit]

nope Blitz3d (using basic as the main language)

blitz3d is a specific application programming language for 3d Games etc.

Not looking forward to it lol

ta

Mike
Was on there last night in the XFG and I was soooo kicking all your asses hahahahhaha, I am god
Once you sort out the driver aids and car/licence requirements section of code the SRA2 program should be easy to finish, and I think you may have found by now that it's much more powerful and versatile/expandable. It should rock Anything less than brilliance will dissapoint me, ok Sam & Mike
If beckyStare {
GoSub BootsTremble(Pants(iPee))
}

Yes Ma'am!
Quote from Becky Rose :Once you sort out the driver aids and car/licence requirements section of code the SRA2 program should be easy to finish, and I think you may have found by now that it's much more powerful and versatile/expandable. It should rock Anything less than brilliance will dissapoint me, ok Sam & Mike

I will make sure I have a whip or two handy =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG