The online racing simulator
Schedule announced
The LFS Endu League and ESL Europe announce the schedule of their long distance racing series. You can see the schedule in the attachment below. The noted time is always the start of the race. Time Zone is CET.

In the week before the race there will be two qualifying sessions in which the starting positions are set. The better time of the two sessions will count.

Teams interested in joining the MoE must send an e-mail to this address: masters_of_endurance@hotmail.com

15 teams + 3 substitute teams will be admitted to the MoE series. Teams must consist of 3 – 6 racers. With their application the teams should apply the following data:

1. Team members
2. Racing history of their team members if not known to the admins
3. Which car of the GTR class the team plans on using during the MoE series. A switch in cars will not be allowed unless there is a major physics change during the season.

An application must be submitted before August 31st. The admin will then consider which teams will be allowed to participate, based on the info supplied in the teams’ applications. Invitations to the series will be sent out before September 3rd.

The rules for the series will be posted before September 3rd. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in this forum or join #lfs-endu on Gamesurge or #esl.lfs on QuakeNet.
Attached images
moeschedule.jpg
#2 - Asmo
Team Allian will race that league for sure

i hope we will get a patch for aero and tires before the first race
hmm, can i enter on my own?

i'll pee during pit stops. and hopefully get another team member.
#4 - Fetzo
awesome, i hope we will pull a team together for this.
Team Bandelnet want to take part in this Leaugue.
'Kyoto' and 'Aston' etc is a bit vague... what are the actual configs that will be raced?
The first Kyoto one will be GP Long, I dont know about the Aston venues though. At least of one them will be long or historic.
Just incase people want to know what tracks are actually going to be raced, from RSC i found this...

Quote :Race 1: 12h of Kyoto at the Kyoto GP Long Circuit
Race 2: 6h at Aston Historic Circuit
Race 3: 6h at Blackwood GP Circuit
Race 4: 24h of Aston at the Aston GP Circuit
Race 5: 6h at Westhill International
Race 6: 6h at Kyoto National

Also i didn't see it mentioned, all races are on saturdays (24hr race obviously runs over to sunday).
Gonna try and get 6 drivers from Team Speedo to enter.
15 cars in one race ?
How will players be able to relieve eachother ?

That would make 8 slots for taking over...
The hotswap option will be used. I guess the moments that 15 cars are in the pits at once, all wanting to swap drivers are rare, so 8 slots free is enough.
#13 - thd
Quote from Frags :15 cars in one race ?
How will players be able to relieve eachother ?

That would make 8 slots for taking over...

7 slots should be sufficient - as Frank says, we judge the chances of all 15 cars coming in at once to the pits to be fairly slim.

7 slots because there will be an admin present at all times during the races.
Maybe the LFS spectator program could be used so drivers know when their teammate has entered the pits.
best thing is to use teamspeak or something like that.
#16 - thd
Voice communication software like teamspeak will be required to coordinate driver changes yes.
In my 8 man team 2 of us have Mics, this is afterall a racing game not CS or something. I don't think people should be expected to have Mics and teamspeak. Must be another way?
Theyr league theyr rules
And I really can´t think any other option than that, it´ll need quick communication and live talking is the best way
or your about to pop in windows check your msn

I for one will be purchasing a headset for myself, if our team will run in the league, those really aren´t expensive at all, found one for 9€ here in Finland, obviously not the best one, but should do its job.

cheers
Jonesy
Yeh, as long as it can transmit 'PITING NOW!' it should be alright
#20 - thd
Quote from joshdifabio :In my 8 man team 2 of us have Mics, this is afterall a racing game not CS or something. I don't think people should be expected to have Mics and teamspeak. Must be another way?

No doubt this is not a CS league

In real racing the drivers can talk to their pit crew.

And this is really the smoothest way to deal with pit changes. As Jonesy says, you can get microphones rather cheap and all you need is to be able to transmit 'pitting now!'.
I can get a cheap mic for 1 Eur in Estonia actually
Maybe you can even make some old box work as a mic. If it is small enough and you give it a good bang, it should produce some signal that can be interpreted by your teammate

http://shop.shopwave.nl/dyn_de ... oductdetail.aspx?aid=2762

Its dutch, but as you can see its only 3.65 euro for a headset I guess the total amount of food and drinks you consume during a 6 hour race is even more.
Hmmm ... Me like these endurence races. Me try to get a GRT (Ghostaholic Racing Team) team together ...
What about a possible disconnection while driving? Maybe the devs can make some sort of endurance mod where you can input the drivers 'license' names for each car so if someone gets a DC, the server remembers the amount of laps and let someone from the team start over in pits with the same car and the same amount of laps driven so far...

I wonder when the first official 24h race will be held
What would be an official 24h race for you?

As to discos: We will have an Insim app counting the laps for each team and when a team disconnects, they are allowed to reconnect and go on driving and the laps will be added up in the end.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG