The online racing simulator
aaa, so tahts why i flown like that spining like a ball in the air:P. well sadly i'm confessing that i think i caused the pileup. i caught the slipstream of the car in front and he breaked a bit early because there was heavy trafic in the hairpin, and i couldnt react that fast, and i bumpd him. he got away but i spun there causing the pileup. totaly my fault, i should have been more carefull. then i flawn into the air because of makinen witch i dont blaim. anyway the hole race for me was a screw up thats why i'm not mad i only got to train 2 h before h-l sending was closing so (and yea i'm also sick with 39d fever...). in fact whats evin wors is that my college got a "MP replay stash out of space" error and disconected while he was leading in the 1st lap...anyway, i wanna say sorry for my incompetence of this race and hope that i'll make a mence next time, although rac its new to me like fo8 was but there's a first time for everything right?
Quote from anttt69 :& how is that fel? The replay proves it & Makinen admitted to driving when all cars had dissapeared off his screen.

The lag is not his fault, but driving with lag is dangerous & ruins people's races.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the L1 (not L4) T2 pileup. My bad!
@anttt69
Man, you really have some issues understanding basic racing concepts here, or you just don't have anything to do all day so you sit here nagging about something that is clear to everybody else and everybody else understands the conditions under which the incident (because it IS RACE INCIDENT) took place. And when you propose slowing down, you think that is a solution? Slowing down would have me being hit from the rear by oncoming traffic. So please, stop creating this unnecessary fuss in here, and if you still feel like it, send your appeal to Solar Hydro and get it over with. Problem is though, I also have saved replays and proofs of my innocence, so in my opinion you are just wasting your time. Your call anyway, but carrying on this in here has no meaning whatsoever.
Quote from russraine :
This goes for anyone, not just Makinen. If you know you have bad lag/connection, then you should really think about if it is a good idea to race or not.

If you keep disconnecting and lagging out before the race starts, the best thing to do is not start the race, and bow out gracefully, rather risk starting and causing lag outs for other people or an accident during the race.

@ makinen - Yes I understand perfectly , you ruin two drivers race & you still think that it was'nt your fault.

I do not wish to bother Solar with this but if you refuse to accept that your driving with lag caused the accident then I will. Russ is an admin too & as he says "you should think whether is was a good idea to race or not?"
Pool 5 was pretty good. I've not seen any posts (may have missed some) in this thread about it. So I prosume it was a pretty clean race.

RAC's will be great fun! Can't wait 'till round 6.
Quote from mcintyrej :Pool 5 was pretty good. I've not seen any posts (may have missed some) in this thread about it. So I prosume it was a pretty clean race.

RAC's will be great fun! Can't wait 'till round 6.

Only tangle was right at the start and I believe you got the worst of that JMc, nice racing to climb back up the Grid. Other than that, pool 5 was very clean with a great battle for 3rd and 4th. Congrats to OLFSL Staff member Solar Hydro for a brilliant run, I really thought you were going to win that Solar but 2nd isn't bad at all....now come catch me in the standings , after all, we know how much you LOVE the RAC...hehe.

AAnt
JMcintyre made a fantastic climb through the ranks to win the race. He was 3 sec per lap faster than me. When he caught me around Lap 20/21, I chose to not put up a fight at all.

Nevertheless, I was very happy with my strategy; huge downforce (max speed on straight 275 km/h) and R3 front, R2 rear, no pit, NO SPINS.

Can I add BMW/Sauber-style extra vertical wings to the RAC?

Solar Hydro
hey Solar, what are the rules regarding driving with serious amounts of lag?
Hello all,

I am monitoring this thread in my capacity as the OLFSL Appeals Arbiter.

Please understand that the OLFSL Appeals Arbiter never enters into chat, chatterbox, messageboard, or e-mail, etc. discussions about incidents that occur during OLFSL races.

In addition, please note that the OLFSL staff has always deliberately intended to keep OLFSL rules simple, to keep this league a 'low threshold' league for new members. Therefore, the OLFSL rules may not (explicitly) cover all eventualities, but in most circumstances the rules are sufficient.

On a few occasions in the past (less occasions than there have been OLFSL seasons), OLFSL Appeals Arbiter decisions have led to the definition of new rules (e.g. relating to drivers' behaviour under yellow and blue flags).

I have directed Paracelsus to this thread, since s/he was also involved in the incident(s), and given that s/he may have an additional perspective to bring to this case, to debate among yourselves.

For everyone's reference, I re-confirm that, if a formal request is made, and/or if appropriate/needed, I will issue a definitive OLFSL Appeals Arbiter decision relating to this case.

Solar Hydro, OLFSL Appeals Arbiter
additional perspective
thx to Solar for directing my attention to this thread

the incident happend to me as follows:

in T2 i had yellow flags and slowed down - 2 cars ahaed - decided to stay behind as they where accelerating
saw a car in mirrors and the next thing i felt was an extremely hit - catapulting my car into the air - hitting other drivers - my car was totally damaged - no way to get into the pits

the only thing i would say about it....

Quote from anttt69 :@ makinen - Yes I understand perfectly , you ruin two drivers race & you still think that it was'nt your fault.

OK people, I thought I'd just let it be, but then, going once again through the thread carefully, I noticed that a very big misunderstanding has taken place. So I thought I'd post one last time so as to make my position on the subject clear.
Here is what happened. I start defending myself, thinking you were talking about the crash in turn 2 of the first lap. There, I had nothing to do with that, and I was wrongly held accounted for. Here is another video, from my camera this time, proving the more than obvious fact that what happened there was everything but my fault.

http://www.box.net/shared/c97tjq36k7

First crash aside, I didn't even realise I had caused a crash myself in lap 4, the one you were obviously referring to in the latest posts.
Having watched the videos, and the mpr from the server (mine shows nothing because of frozen cars at the moment, and I seem to drive on an empty track), I now realize I destroyed the race of Paracelsus, Anttt69 and Mroziu, and it is from these three drivers that I would like to apologise sincerely, for both my wrong attitude here at the forum (not really knowing what crash you were talkin about) and for the mess I caused lagging. Of course I take full responsibility for this incident, and I apologise once again for the problems I caused.
Seems like the Lap1 T2 incident was mostly, if not entirely, my fault. I was way too late on the brakes there and I obviously caused much more mayhem than I thought I did. When racing I was under the impression that I just nudged felplacerad slightly -- seems I was very wrong. I am deeply sorry about that and apologize to everybody I did harm to. Please feel free to file a complaint. Don't know what would come from that, as I was taken out of the race by the Lap4 T2 incident and just got DNF points anyway, but nonetheless ...

Be assured that I'm usually a clean and patient racer and rather give up a position than risking a crash. Sorry once more, it won't happen again (I hope).
@ Makinen & Linsen,

Would like to take a minute and thank you both for being the gentlemen we know you are, sometimes these threads can cause confusion.

It's nice to see that we're all big enough to admit a mistake when we make one, Kudos to you both.

Hope to see a good turn out for the Tuner tomorrow, the RAC can be a beast so practice is the key to taming it.

Be Well,
AAnt /per OLFSL
Quote from Makinen :OK people, I thought I'd just let it be, but then, going once again through the thread carefully, I noticed that a very big misunderstanding has taken place. So I thought I'd post one last time so as to make my position on the subject clear.
Here is what happened. I start defending myself, thinking you were talking about the crash in turn 2 of the first lap. There, I had nothing to do with that, and I was wrongly held accounted for. Here is another video, from my camera this time, proving the more than obvious fact that what happened there was everything but my fault.

http://www.box.net/shared/c97tjq36k7

First crash aside, I didn't even realise I had caused a crash myself in lap 4, the one you were obviously referring to in the latest posts.
Having watched the videos, and the mpr from the server (mine shows nothing because of frozen cars at the moment, and I seem to drive on an empty track), I now realize I destroyed the race of Paracelsus, Anttt69 and Mroziu, and it is from these three drivers that I would like to apologise sincerely, for both my wrong attitude here at the forum (not really knowing what crash you were talkin about) and for the mess I caused lagging. Of course I take full responsibility for this incident, and I apologise once again for the problems I caused.

I don't see how this replay says that it was your fault, if anything, it is the fault of the cars that came infront of the gap that you had to get through and IMO done what any other racer would do.

There was a easy gap for him to get through but then 2 cars made no attempt to keep the way clear. (Whether they didn't look or thought that they would take someone else down with them)

I also don't think that the end result was your fault Linsen, maybe the little incident that you caused was but the last phaqse of this crash was caused by the cars that drove infront of someone making there way through a gap. If you get crashed or are in an accident it is just common sense that if you in a position where your car is an obsticle on the track, dont move untill it is safe to and people have moved around you.
perfectly agreed with you bawbag, i was the one that came infront of makinen, but the thing is that i lookd over my sholder before i reversed to the track and didnt see him at that time, i donno if it was lag...but when i lookd it was clear then i saw myself flying, when i realise some1 was there. although it wasent on purpose it was mistake intierly, the hole crash infact, and for that i say again, i am sorry, i was to late on the breaks, cought the slipstream and crashed the car ahead.
CALLING POOL 6 RACERS

Guys, I was having connection problems in the AS Historic Rev race last time. I started the lag lap but dropped and couldn't re-join (the rules say you can't and they change the passwords anyway). I got a DNSH result with a negative point penalty.

I have appealed about this result and am trying to change it to a DNF. Especially after I went to the trouble to let the organisers know I was having issues and not to be surprised if I did drop.

Are there any guys who saw me in the lag lap on this race that would be able to confirm I was actually there? I should be on a replay.
Behind me was Harjun, in front was Phoenix132, MikieH and JonathanRuss...

Thanks.
I can't exatcly remember now, such a short memory - would be on the replay though, if you haven't already, email Solar Hydro.
The horrgakx Pool 6 question is under study by the OLFSL staff.
This is a low priority case, but it will be addressed.

Solar Hydro
Thanks - got the email too. Good to know it is being looked into Hey, every point counts
Hi chaps, is there any more news on this (race 5) -40 point result please?
Quote from horrgakx :Hi chaps, is there any more news on this (race 5) -40 point result please?

Hi horrgakx,

Please bear with us, we have not forgotten you and a decision should be made soon. I would hope that this will be made before the next race.

Thanks for your patience.

Tim
Ok
Enough Already, want the rule....yah sucked int the laglap and got turned arouned...according to OLD (Pre version X) You got set at the back of the grid.

With us so far...

We all know this has been a problem....but if yah keep going on....well then your just going to fill the forum on this subject.

If you choose to race elsewhere..feel free to, if you found a loop hole in the rules and want us to go back to 2003 when this league started..

My Point...Patch X....and beyond...lets just carry on.

Can we continue......may I have an AMEN from the membership

OLFSL STAFF
This matter remains under consideration.
Please do not draw conclusions from the post above.
No guarantees on an outcome either way.

Solar Hydro, OLFSL Appeals Arbiter
Quote from Solar Hydro :This matter remains under consideration.

Thanks.

AtomAnt - if thats directed at me I'm not sure thats right. My point is that I was given a -40 penalty for not turning up - I DID turn up and start but I got disconnected. I wasn't aware I got put to the back of the grid(?) and am not trying to flount any rule.

D.
Discussion continued here.

Event 5 - As Historic Reverse
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG