The online racing simulator
Incase any of you are interested; I have added this league to my team's event database.

You can see an overview of the league in your chosen timezone:

http://www.spdoracing.org/even ... php?mode=league&id=12
http://www.spdoracing.org/even ... e=events&league_id=12

And here is an RSS feed of the league's schedule which is quite nice with firefox:

http://www.spdoracing.org/feed ... gue&id=12&tz=1.00

If you want to add to the database or ammend any of the existing items, you can do so after signing in.

Josh
Thankyou, i ment to get round to doing it myself before but completly forgot

PS. how do i use the RSS feed? it dont open in firefox...
You're wanting my server for this race, right?
Quote from BenjiMC :Thankyou, i ment to get round to doing it myself before but completly forgot

PS. how do i use the RSS feed? it dont open in firefox...

You should just need to click the link.
What happens when you click the link and what version of Firefox do you have?

In Firefox and IE7 the feeds work fine for me on this computer and another. They are validated by the w3.org feed validator too so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Does this feed work for you?

http://www.lfsforum.net/external.php?type=RSS2
Quote from joshdifabio :What happens when you click the link and what version of Firefox do you have?

In Firefox and IE7 the feeds work fine for me on this computer and another. They are validated by the w3.org feed validator too so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Does this feed work for you?

http://www.lfsforum.net/external.php?type=RSS2

on thatone i get this "
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

on the website link to the RSS it downloads, then i open and it says select a program to open in. what should i do with it?
Well, the second one is from the LFS Forum. I don't know why firefox is asking you to download the feed, you may have an old version. http://www.mozilla.com for the latest.

If you have the latest version, or don't want to upgrade, go to tools > options > feeds and select "Show me a preview..." in firefox.
Quote from joshdifabio :Well, the second one is from the LFS Forum. I don't know why firefox is asking you to download the feed, you may have an old version. http://www.mozilla.com for the latest.

If you have the latest version, or don't want to upgrade, go to tools > options > feeds and select "Show me a preview..." in firefox.

i cant find the feeds link when i click options sorry for the hassle
I'll add you to msn.
"1) Maximum of 4 and a minimum of 2 drivers are allowed for a car in each race"

and

"3) Maximum of 4 driver changes per race per car"

I understand those, but... how many drivers can a team/car have assigned to it?

Currently cP#1 and cP#2 have 5 members assigned to each... would it be possible to have... say 6 members each?

Dunno where I got this from, but somehow I got the idea that 5 drivers are allowed to be registered.
you can register however many to a car. but only 4 drivers will drive in a race maximum
Thanks.
So is this starting at 8:45pm UK time? We're in daylight saving time now which is GMT+1
I guess it's UTC?

I hope so anyway; I'm confused about all these daylight saving times in different countries
UTC=GMT so in daylight saving we start at GMT+1 which will be 20:00 race start is 20:45 race finish is 00:45 unless too many drivers are effected too much by daylight saving changes then this is how it's gonna be.
i assume the clock on the web page is king right?
it sure is
So will there be a safety car for this upcoming race? (I am confused as to what the rules include on this)

If so:
What will be the protocol (qualifying event) for its deployement?
Will the safety pick up the leader or first car immediately?
Will pitstops/driver changes be allowed under safety car?
Will the line up in race order, or in current running order?
What will the (minimum) duration of the safety car be on track?

Thanks,
Stu
LOTF
Quote from srdsprinter :So will there be a safety car for this upcoming race? (I am confused as to what the rules include on this)

If so:
1)What will be the protocol (qualifying event) for its deployement?
2)Will the safety pick up the leader or first car immediately?
3)Will pitstops/driver changes be allowed under safety car?
4)Will the line up in race order, or in current running order?
5)What will the (minimum) duration of the safety car be on track?

Thanks,
Stu
LOTF

Good questions, not really outlined in the rules:
1) a large incident involving 3 or more cars requires a safety car. The cars invloved must have a significant amount of damage which prevents them from continuing the race with safety around other drivers
2) The safety car will pick up the first car immediatly
3) pitstops, etc are allowed under safety car
4)running order
5) minimum duration will be 2 laps
Thank you for the clarification.
Quote from BenjiMC :Good questions, not really outlined in the rules:
1) a large incident involving 3 or more cars requires a safety car. The cars invloved must have a significant amount of damage which prevents them from continuing the race with safety around other drivers
2) The safety car will pick up the first car immediatly
3) pitstops, etc are allowed under safety car
4)running order
5) minimum duration will be 2 laps

Let's chew on this some more shall we?

If a driver chooses to pit during a safety lap, he must join the grid at the back after pitting?

If a number of cars pit during a safety lap and have to catch up to the grid afterwards, do they maintain the order in which they left the pit lane?

In any case while re-joining the grid during a safety lap, are cars allowed to exceed the safety speed to catch up to the grid, without passing any other cars?
One more question:

In the case of a Qualifying Event (3 car incident with damage preventing safe racing while returning to pitlane):

Will the field be Frozen at the time of safety car notification, i.e. no passing, slow down regardless of being infront/behind accident instant we are alerted to safety car?
Quote from MARSH2a :Let's chew on this some more shall we?

1)If a driver chooses to pit during a safety lap, he must join the grid at the back after pitting?

2)If a number of cars pit during a safety lap and have to catch up to the grid afterwards, do they maintain the order in which they left the pit lane?

3)In any case while re-joining the grid during a safety lap, are cars allowed to exceed the safety speed to catch up to the grid, without passing any other cars?

1) yes
2) remain in the same order as it will be full course yellow
3) yes
Quote from srdsprinter :One more question:

In the case of a Qualifying Event (3 car incident with damage preventing safe racing while returning to pitlane):

Will the field be Frozen at the time of safety car notification, i.e. no passing, slow down regardless of being infront/behind accident instant we are alerted to safety car?

yes, you must abandon the lap and follow race safety car procedure

Ask Questions Here
(314 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG