The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
New UF1 League Proposal
Hi Racers,

We at Zwarte Wind Racing (ZWR) are looking to organise a UF1 Racing League over the coming months.

It is anticipated that the League will Run on either a Wed/Thursday evening in May and June, probably around 19.00 GMT or 20.00 CET.

Basic Provisional Information is set below, at this stage we are looking to gauge interest in this League and any general issues surronding it.

We are looking for a full grid of 20 drivers.

Please, constructive comments are welcome.

Car = UF1 only - close racing guaranteed
Number of Racers = 20 (unless patch allows 24 )

Each Round will consist of 3 Stages

Stage 1, 15 minutes Qualifying.

Stage 2, 20-25 minute race 1. Starting grid determined by Qualifying results.

Stage 3, 20-25 minute race 2. Reversed Grid

Points System,
Race 1.
40pts for 1st, down to 21 points for 20th place. All finishers will get points. To be classified you must finish 80% of the winners distance.

Race 2.
20 Pts for 1st down to 1 points for 20th place. All finishers will get points. To be classified you must finish 80% of the winners distance.

The Top 3 qualifiers will also receive bonus points Pole +5pts, 2nd will get 3 points, and 3rd will receive a single bonus point.

In both races the person with the fastest legal lap will gain +5 bonus points.

Provisional Calander

Thursday 3rd May 2007
Round One
Race 1. Aston Cadet 20 laps
Race 2 Aston Cadet Reverse 25 laps

Thursday 10rd May 2007
Round Two
Race 1. Fern Bay Club 20 laps
Race 2 Fern Bay Club Reverse 25 laps

Thursday 17rd May 2007
Round Three
Race 1. South City Sprint 1 20 laps
Race 2 South City Sprint 2 30 laps

Thursday 24rd May 2007
Round Four
Race 1. Fern Bay Green 15 laps
Race 2 Fern Bay Green Reverse 18 laps

Round 5
Thursday 31st May 2007
Race 1. South City Town 40 laps Enduro. Mandatory 1 Pit stop
Double Points for the season Finale.

So there will be one Division with all to play for, however we will also run a 'Doubles' Competition, where prior to the start of the season two drivers can 'pair up' and score 'constructors points' in a seperate cup

More than two drivers CAN enter from one Team, for instance, if ZWR entered 4 drivers into this competiton, they would have Driver A and Driver B paired together for Team ZWR 1 and Drivers C and Driver D paired together for Team ZWR 2.

It is hoped that the only thing needed would be that team mates have a similar skin which can identify them on the course.

So there you have it.

Please use this Thread as a place to state your interest in the league and also any comments and suggestions you may have about it ..
Well, I'm up for it
#3 - Dru
Of course i will be signing up as well.
I'm in for sure!!!
I'm 100% in.
Sign me up already.
i might do it just depends if there is any competition in it
#7 - Dru
At the moment we are just gauging interest to work out how many people are interested in it and then after that look at the criteria

so just say your interested at this stage is fine

OH and BTW RC10 Racer, you know when you've been ZWR'd
#8 - CSU1
I'm up for this I uf1 kicks sim ass
I don't suppose there's any chance of moving this to July/August?
#10 - Dru
we'll listen too all comments and suggestions at this stage, however if it is a success we COULD run it at both times
My reason is that GCSEs run over May and June so I won't be playing on LFS much at all during those 2 months. I know for a fact other 15/16-year-olds from the UK will be doing theirs at the same time. (Although, saying that, you probably won't get many..)
#12 - Dru
Quote from Leifde :My reason is that GCSEs run over May and June so I won't be playing on LFS much at all during those 2 months. I know for a fact other 15/16-year-olds from the UK will be doing theirs at the same time. (Although, saying that, you probably won't get many..)

I guess that exams would be the reason, however like i mentioned we may well be able to do it at both times or get a season one done and if its a success roll out season 2 over the Summer months
I might be very interested too.
#14 - Dru
Quote from fujiwara :I might be very interested too.

You have plenty of experience in the UF1 Fuji you would be a quality name to add to the line up
count me in as well! regular FWD cars might be my chance to keep up with the faster ones!

greetz

der butz
Quote from Leifde :My reason is that GCSEs run over May and June so I won't be playing on LFS much at all during those 2 months. I know for a fact other 15/16-year-olds from the UK will be doing theirs at the same time. (Although, saying that, you probably won't get many..)

Thats no excuse

In all my free time, i'll be Lfsing to take my mind of things
but yeah i do care about my GCSE's
Quote from Dru :You have plenty of experience in the UF1 Fuji you would be a quality name to add to the line up

But my experience tells me i dislike short tracks as fern club and cadet's...
can't we have a bigger track like bl or gold, and i'm even pointing anything biiger then as2, we or kyoto national
#18 - Dru
Quote from fujiwara :But my experience tells me i dislike short tracks as fern club and cadet's...
can't we have a bigger track like bl or gold, and i'm even pointing anything biiger then as2, we or kyoto national

Well the main aspect of the league is to have close racing and on the smaller tracks you'll have that, particulalry as the field gets spread out and have to start lapping people. This also then gives the people at the front 'some excitement' rather than just driving around not seeing anyone else, however we will listen to all requests at this stage before finally locking down certain aspects of this series.
Sounds interesting...I'm certainly up for it.
And i totally agree..short tracks for the UF1 is the way to go imo
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Thats no excuse

In all my free time, i'll be Lfsing to take my mind of things
but yeah i do care about my GCSE's

I suppose I am racing my kart for a weekend during the exams. In fact I'm doing it twice
might aswell as do it, count me in

get the dates sorted out before people lose interest
ye im up for this !
#23 - Dru
Yeah - it would appear that people are interested in it - i am hoping that people like the sound of the format too.
All being well by the end of the week we should have some dates sorted and an official sign up - just want to get the bal rolling first
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463
#24 - Dru
Provisional Dates added on first page.

Basically all the Thursdays in May...

Perhaps we should call it the MAY-hem Cup
#25 - totx
Hi:
Very interested here.
Cya.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG