The online racing simulator
Tune Up For FE4R
To better serve the membership, this week will see 2 tune up races over the weekend.

Tuner 1

Saturday Mar 17th, 2007

OLFSL P by 500servers,
OLFSL 1 by 500servers,

20 Laps @ FE4R (Black Rev) in the UFR/XFR Combo

Qual 18:00 UTC
Race 18:30 UTC

Tuner 2

Sunday Mar 18th, 2007

OLFSL P by 500servers
OLFSL 1 by 500servers

20 Laps @ FE4R (Black Rev) in the UFR/XFR Combo

Qual 18:00 UTC
Race 18:30 UTC

This is relaxed rules racing meant to prepare drivers for the next event. Hope to see you there.

AAnt
Attached images
TuneMar.jpg
Here is the replay of the OLFSL 1 by 500servers server race.

1.RRT.asman

2.[DB]spyshagg

3.Fox_Mulder Canada
THX Harogeo.

Lots of drivers out today, this is going to be a true test of driver and car. Many DNF's today, it will get better, hope to see you at round 2 tomorrow.

AAnt
Quote from Harogeo :Here is the replay of the OLFSL 1 by 500servers server race.

1.RRT.asman

2.[DB]spyshagg

3.Fox_Mulder Canada

terrible.... i'm new to this combo (45 laps and they were done today), and i only managed competitive times for the first 5 laps.
After 5 laps its a survival test... i crashed 3 times.

its the most difficult track i remember racing on
Quote from spyshagg :terrible.... i'm new to this combo (45 laps and they were done today), and i only managed competitive times for the first 5 laps.
After 5 laps its a survival test... i crashed 3 times.

its the most difficult track i remember racing on

Cool, that's what we're all about, taking the drivers to unknown tracks, unknown stratigies. Let the driver do the talking not the car.

After this event, you'll have it down pat.

I ran an R4 R2 combo, took to much air out of rear, made me drift. I finished 7th with a 2:46...went right back out after race and with r3/r2 and did a 2:42.....so a pit might work.

Glad it's got you all thinking.

AAnt

p.s as the pic says!
Attached images
FE4R.jpg
Quote from AtomAnt :
I ran an R4 R2 combo, took to much air out of rear, made me drift. I finished 7th with a 2:46...went right back out after race and with r3/r2 and did a 2:42.....so a pit might work.

I'm glad in some ways that the hotlapping hasn't been opened up, because I fear I might not even make the cut for pool 10, IRC I think my best time was a 3:10 or some such like, so that would put me at the arse end of the grid, but points is points i suppose lmao
im doing 2m38.47 in xfr.... i want to drop to 37's tomorrow, but most ppl will be driving ufr and that car has 1s advantage over mine.

even with 37's, i'll be 2nd or 3rd pool for sure
Bunch of gormless quitters!
12 out of 20 did not finish, a wee bit dissapointing.
Anyway, good thing I did the tuneup. Just to realise that R3 at the back feel like dragging a dead rear all the time
Good race all, Tys
Well...
20 Drivers started today, only 7 finished, The finishers list attached.

This is not an easy course to get really fast on, I'll be happy to just finish.

Hope you all had fun and see you next Sunday.

AAnt
Attached images
FE Tuner.jpg
In the 1st lap, I slipped to the wall on the bridge, and a little bit lost the control, then I was bumped by everybody , sry guys, tried to hit the shifts but it was too late. I restarted after it, but in the 8th (i guess) lap the same bridge wall kicked me to the sky (i was just touched it...). So I was fed up with it , and left.
The yesterday's event was more successful for me.

I hope that on the real race, the car-reset will be allowed too.

Thx Ant for TuneUps.
Quote from

I hope that on the real race, the car-reset will be allowed too.

Thx Ant for TuneUps. [:thumb: :

That is never going to happen, we strive to keep racing real and a Car Reset race just isn't real.

Hope you understand, glad Staurdays race went well, to bad about today.

AAnt
This is a tougher combo than I thought, even setting a hotlap has been tough going, with nearly a 3 minute lap, it's a long time to be driving without touching the grass or the evil walls.
Quote from russraine :This is a tougher combo than I thought, even setting a hotlap has been tough going, with nearly a 3 minute lap, it's a long time to be driving without touching the grass or the evil walls.

Ha ha, yeah I have to admit it took me a lot of laps to get a clean HLVC lap, lol, but I guess I have my banker lap in so, I suppose witha little bit more practise then I'm as ready as anyone can be for this combo, but I have to admit I am beginning to enjoy it more
worst thing about hotlapping this track, is that you start half a track before the starting line!! its almost a minute!

so if you try hotlapping 60 times, you lose 60 minutes just by doing half the track to finaly start the flying lap. Crazy
the fear
Somehow FE4R puts the fear of god into me i seem to get scared half way round a quick lap.

spyshagg you seem to be going fast what are your split times?

& can i try your quali set?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG