The online racing simulator
Why is hardly anybody practicing online?
Hi there!

I noticed that this season only very few people are ever practicing the upcoming OLFSL-combos online. As far as I remember that wasn't so much the case last time I raced in OLFSL. So, I was wondering if anybody else noticed this and what are your thoughts about this. Or is it just me always trying to find a decently packed server at the wrong times?

Regards,

Linsen
#2 - Davo
My guess is most people practice offline in hotlapping mode inthe off chance they get that super duper fluke lap time that's never to be repeated

We've had this combo going nearly all week on our server and even did a 50 lap practice race that took nearly an hour but no one joined.
Well, I was doing my practicing mostly offline due to lack of online racing in that combo and got my personal super duper fluke lap time that hasn't been repeated, yet (well, it's not that far from what I'm capable of doing in a proper race, actually). Seems almost like a vicious circle .

Anyway, what I would really like to see is some proper pick-up races of around 10 laps, or so. For that purpose, I joined quite a few servers with only 2 or 3 people racing, hoping that others would join, but never got to see more than five people online at once. Too bad, really, as the enjoyable online experience with plenty of people heading for the same goal (next OLFSL race) was a major part in my previous OLFSl-experience. Doesn't seem to be happening much this season, unfortunately .
#4 - Davo
To tell the truth I think the online participation level in lfs is going down. Most people just stick to one or two servers and that's it. STCC, Redline and Conedodgers seem to be the only servers worth visiting these days for any race action but tbh I'm over them and prefer some variety and cleaner racing.

I also prefer practicing and having a few races with my team since we just have fun and race clean and fair, but it's usually league combos that we practice on and to keep the noobs out from wreaking havoc on the track we have to password the server to get some serious practice in.
Quote from Linsen :Hi there!

I noticed that this season only very few people are ever practicing the upcoming OLFSL-combos online. As far as I remember that wasn't so much the case last time I raced in OLFSL. So, I was wondering if anybody else noticed this and what are your thoughts about this. Or is it just me always trying to find a decently packed server at the wrong times?

Regards,

Linsen

I raced yah today, lol. I'm doing housework...sucks to be me.
Quote from AtomAnt :I raced yah today, lol. I'm doing housework...sucks to be me.

I know, and we were only a maximum of four people online (and I wasn't in good shape either, tbh, but that's a different story :tilt.
The OLFSL-P server and Fusion Server had some full racing on this combo, at about 1500GMT this week.
#8 - Sage
I do most of my practing offline. Just a question that's on my head (I might have missed the answer somewhere), but is the race date's pushed back as well?

Why is hardly anybody practicing online?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG