The online racing simulator
Cutting at AS3R
Just wanting a clarification, really: T1 at AS3R, the first kerb on the right - do we need to have two wheels on the tarmac or two wheels the kerb?
two wheels on the TRACK at all times, IMO this mean track as in tarmac, not kerb, but I could be wrong
#3 - Davo
oh ffs how pedantic do you wanna get. That kerb is even HLVC legal. I don't consider it cutting at all.
kerb counts as track Even the concrete bits that are flat and smooth.
Quote from Davo :oh ffs how pedantic do you wanna get. That kerb is even HLVC legal. I don't consider it cutting at all.

regardless of how pedantic it is, its not your league, and it's not your rules, it's up to Kalle in the end.

You can take a huge cut at that chicane without it failing HLVC, infact I think the HLVC verifictaion on that reverse config is pretty leanient.
#6 - Davo
The whole reason I enjoy this league so much is the lack of stupid rules like this.
"Constant and deliberate cutting and/or hitting obstacles like cones, tires, barrels or walls will lead in penalty."

Do what you like then, if it breaks the rules then you will know after the race
No cutting imo..i have read the rules...
#9 - Dru
i think cutting in your example would be going over the sand, not having your wheels on the kerbs. . . . but thats just my two cents..

also most of us including kalle was in the N1 server racing that combo last night and there was no question at all of 12 racers 'cutting' as people where using the kerbs throughout the course but wait for kalle to confirm i think if necessary
cutting is part of touring car racing!

once it's not dangerous and it's HLVC then i see no problem.
IRL the kerbs count as part of the track.

see some examples of RL exceptable "cutting" as some of you guys would call it. it's actually called racing!
Attached images
fia-wtcc-magny-cours-3.jpg
Murray02.jpg
107153820_5583f82dd0_m.jpg
#11 - Davo
haha that blue car is doing a fantastic job, thanks niki
nice pic of Murray
Quote from nikimere :You was at Snett last year!??
I was there too! I was in his garage and my GF did Pit Girl for him in the races!

Of course, I only live 10 mins from the curcuit , I go there alot
Well I don't think I've asked such a contentious question in the forums before!

I'm happy either way, I've been taking two different lines through there so I can do one or the other, but jumping the kerb is a fair bit quicker so I thought I'd ask.
Driving on kerb isn't cutting. Having more than two wheels on grass/gravel is cutting though.
Quote from kalle :Driving on kerb isn't cutting. Having more than two wheels on grass/gravel is cutting though.

So when I spin out at the Z after the back straight and land in the gravel pit with all 4 wheels, then I could be fined for cutting?

Naaaaa, just kidding, ladies :-)

greetz

der butz
Quote from kalle :Driving on kerb isn't cutting. Having more than two wheels on grass/gravel is cutting though.

Thats what i meant..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG