The online racing simulator
Event2 - South City Town REV
We used to have this last season. Anything you want to discuss?

Personally, I'd like to say sorry to all who I bumped in first laps of my race. My PC tried to die and the fps went up and down during the episode (10-65fps). I guess windows had something very important to do, really don't know. Anyway, apologies
Pool 5 also:

In the middle of Lap 5, I was bumped to the LFS connection screen. This has never happened to me before (since 2003 - I am OLFSL member 001 for a reason ;-))

If my disconnect caused any problems for other drivers, I sincerely apologise (I checked my replay and it looked ok from my perspective). I was gonna overtake Mr Varjonen for sure!

Solar Hydro
Was a great race for me, nothing went wrong that I thought would, seemed like a slightly harsh but fair race further down in pool 1 too.

BTW, was having a look at the stats for the race, anybody think J.Pickard isn't sharing something with us?
Bad race for me. Bump from behind, on the wall, and flip. Race end.
Yea hes a midget so hes more aerodynamic on the straight.
Quote from varjsa-9 :

Personally, I'd like to say sorry to all who I bumped in first laps of my race. My PC tried to die and the fps went up and down during the episode (10-65fps). I guess windows had something very important to do, really don't know. Anyway, apologies

Hi

...my words exactly...

I had the same problem during race, but a felt that more than one time during race, and on lap 7 i think, was the worse. I had contact when i was trying Desperately to turn off my mirrors for better FPS. My apologies also.
I want to say sorry to Spooky in our league, I caused him to spin in front of me.

Entering the right hander after the railway lines on the back of the course he was following. I took the next slow left then the immediate right wide, he jumped up the inside of me and we were then side by side into the next left just after the 'other' pits. I had the inside into that corner but I let it go. I can't remember if he touched the barrier but he moved left as if to defend the inside of the next left and so left a gap on the outside (between him and the armco). As I had more speed I popped up the outside of him expecting him to defend the inside line. He didn't and moved across my front pushing me into the armco and spinning his back end out.

I noticed from replays that we both had damaged suspension. I thought I'd loose more time by pitting so I decided to fight on and finished the race with four-fifths of my front left damaged and some wishbone (?) damage. I notice Spooky pitted and lap times deminished after that according to the stats.

I'm really sorry, I did expect you to go inside

Dave
great race for me. Starting 16th in pool 2 and finished 6th. dime_miki started 15th and finished 5th. Was fallowing him all race. In lap 29 hit the wall and almost retired. Vincent and me in finish side-by-side my win for 0,04 sec.

Here you can see my pictures from race http://www.croteam.eu.org/index.asp?id=9&gal=5
Was an ok race for me. Got pushed in to the wall in the beginning of the race and fell down to 13 position. Then I worked my way back to 9 position, the position I started the race on. But it was a pretty fun and close race anyway in Pool 1.

Gratz Bawbag to the win.
got pushed by Miki and CRO NIKI on the downhill before the hairpin 1st lap. I flipped and had DNF.

Who´s gonna win over that Mooney?!
Pool 9

So far my race

The lag lap went perfect, I was ahead and had like 4 sec in lap 1.
Then the race started, all went well, I left T1 as first and Mauni as 2nd, untill T2.... Mauni tabbed me, we both blocked everything and Mauni waited for me. Mauni, no problems but NEVER wait again ok! I know you don't do it intentional so the only thing that would make the tap good is your sister or make sure that you at least win the race

We drove on after 12 laps , I got 3rd, then 4th, then 3rd, then 5th (a group of 3 of us), got 3rd again, .. Meanwhile Mauni got closer. I made a mistake being 5th in a turn so I let Mauni pass (I was doing bad 1:44, totally no in my rithme as before the race, where I did 10 laps all low 1:43). A lap later Mauni was 3rd, I *accidently* blocked the entire pack behind me and he was ahead of me like 3,5 sec on a half lap time only. Thanks 3 turns I took great and others passing each other I had also like 1 sec ahead in the same time. So all going ok untill then, Mauni heading for 2nd spot and I for 3rd (Rabit wasn't driving his best times either it seemed) untill.... LAG - sccc|Gianic disconnected

The F word.
So far my race

EDIT: comment on scoring:
sccc|GianniC
13 laps = 18.6 points

I know for 200% sure I did 23-24 laps, can that please be checked ?
Pool 8

Unfortunately I encountered a very strange technical problem some laps before finish: Being on a straight line at full throttle suddenly my brakes completely locked without any identifiable reason. Sorry for the guy behind me, who certainly could not count on such a strange behaviour and consequently bumped into my car. I hope nothing got damaged...
Pool 6 here.

It was a rather uneventful race for me. Almost boring, in fact, but there's noone to blame besides myself. I started on pole and was passed by Nóvoa half way through the lap. I needed around 6 to 7 laps to really get into the race (seems I always do) and before my laptimes started to go down. Obvioulsy, most people behind me had similar problems getting into the flow. So I was basically alone on the track for most of the race (kkot did keep up for quite a few laps, but never got close enough to put pressure on me). Then people behind obviously had to battle for positions and lost touch. At the same time, I wasn't capable of getting really close to Nóvoa either. He was around 2-3 seconds ahead until lap 18,19 or so, when I was able to put in some fast laps and closed in on him. Around lap 24, or so, I was pretty close, but started pushing to hard and failed to maintain my speed. So I dropped back again until shortly before the end, which was way too late. I finished 1 second behind Nóvoa and didn't have a single fight over the whole race. Well, finishing second is not bad in itself, but I'd rather have a little more action, I suppose .
I've just tried to download the "decision" on the penalties page for the last race (SO5R). However the PDF file I'm looking at was for the previous race at Blackwood.

Dave
Quote from GianniC :Pool 9

EDIT: comment on scoring:
sccc|GianniC
13 laps = 18.6 points

I know for 200% sure I did 23-24 laps, can that please be checked ?

Nice report Still sorry for that bump I think it was about midrace when you got that unfortunate disconnect. I'll check replay...

EDIT: It was at the very end of lap 14 when you got d/c.
Quote from horrgakx :I've just tried to download the "decision" on the penalties page for the last race (SO5R). However the PDF file I'm looking at was for the previous race at Blackwood.
Dave

Yah, no reports for a few moe days I wouldn't think yet, Solar does them all by himself and is very thorough.
No, I mean the latest race has a link but the link goes to the previous race. ie. it seems to point to the wrong place.
Well I think that is because the reports for the latest event aren't done yet, I know, because us staff get told when they're done before everyone else :-)
So why bother putting the link up if it isn't ready? (not having a go).
It was there due to a site error, sorry
Damn FienDi. I was just gonna say, that there is loads of stuff that is 'there' on thw site, that isn't always visible at one time, and that was just an error. I went to bed for an hour and you go and answer for me, grrrrr.

Event2 - South City Town REV
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG