The online racing simulator
LFS Spectator?
Is there a way to follow the races with LFS spectator, as a friend of mine was wanting to follow me in the race today. He tried for the last round but couldn't find the server, as my pool wasn't "televised" . And me being in the bottom pool again today then it prob wont be shown again today :ashamed: lol
#2 - S0ul
What would be even better: Use LFS TV! The hosts could run that so everyone could watch the race as if they were on the server!
Yeah, its a bit of a pity that only one person is hosting the OLFSLTV feeds, which means only one server/pool per viewing. In an ideal world u could have had a director who was watching every pool at each race time and switching between pools/servers to catch the best of the action, with an action replay thrown into the bargain. But I would imagine that that is damn near impossible, unless you throw tons of money at it and employ lots of people, unless there is a rich benefactor willing to finance/sponsor the OLFSL
Hi there. Mr TV here lol. Yes I am sorry I cannot get all pools "televised" - the main problem is that there are usually 2 pools at any one time, so only once can be recorded. I always stream the pool I am in (whilst i'm driving) and if possible, as many as I can around that, but with our current system, means 2 other races, and I have no choice (well not much) of what pools I host and stream. Before Fireball left we were going to experiment with two streams, but, alas, we are stuck with one at the moment.

I thought Nassa Ant (who kindly arranged our new servers) said that they would work with spectator, so, give it a try.

Action replay is cool, and does sound possible, as you can do that with things like Sky+ and Tivo (if I could do it on this sort of setup though, I really do not know).

And yah, if someone does want to send huge money our way, I think the thing that would be best for us is a VGA capture card.
I'll tell my pal to give it a go with spectator. BTW I wasn't being critical of the system, I understand that it is just yourself Johnathan, that is seeding the feed, just one of those things you can't get around. It's always good to fantasise about how thihngs could be!!

But as new technologies emerge then other things become possible, I guess its just a waiting game until prices for things start coming down and it becomes viable to do more, and bring it to the masses, and then with more viewers comes the possiblity of more serious sponsorship!

Here's hoping!!
#6 - S0ul
Nah,i wasnt talking about OLFSL TV, i was talking about the program called LFS-TV. Cant the hosts of each server run that, so we could watch all the races and even switch between the cars
heres the link to the program: http://www.triso.de/download/index.php?dir=./lfstv
Well I read up on LFSTV, at the moment, from what I can see, it is still buggy, and there is a problem with skin downloading, and not easy to sync a commentator or music. So, until it is finished, I can't see us using that.
#8 - S0ul
Naaah,i dont want to use that to comment stuff...i just want the hosts to run that on the servers they run, so people can use the prog to watch the races you are not featuring on OLFSL TV. The hosts just need to start it, nothing more. It has no skin download,thats true, but thats something i dont necessarily need.
Quote from S0ul :Naaah,i dont want to use that to comment stuff...i just want the hosts to run that on the servers they run, so people can use the prog to watch the races you are not featuring on OLFSL TV. The hosts just need to start it, nothing more. It has no skin download,thats true, but thats something i dont necessarily need.

Where can i get the LFSTV ?
if you go up a couple of posts then Soul has left a link to where you can download it
#11 - nilo
Quote from russraine :
And yah, if someone does want to send huge money our way, I think the thing that would be best for us is a VGA capture card.

Huh? Do you want to provide us with a HD-stream? Would be nice indeed.

As far as I know, you are using tv-out on one PC to a video input on another PC? Where is the problem with this? Quality?
Quote from nilo :Huh? Do you want to provide us with a HD-stream? Would be nice indeed.

As far as I know, you are using tv-out on one PC to a video input on another PC? Where is the problem with this? Quality?

The main problem is quality takes up huge memory, with only 300k upstream (6meg down), it means the quality has to be reduced and compressed for it to be sent up as not to cause too much buffering. Only by having a more expensive upstream connection can I raise quality by substansical amounts
Don't want to sound like whiner but it's 3rd race weekend but still no LFS spectator

Come on guys, it takes no more than 15 minutes to request insim relay access from LFSW, edit config files and open neccessary port(s) in your firewall.

OLFSLTv is nice and everything but spectator gives much better overall picture about gaps between racers and laptimes they are getting. And if some crash or spin occurs in the race then you notice it almost instantly.
if you PM Nassa Ant or Franky 500, they will be able to let you know more about our current situation regarding insim, thanks.
It seems like they don't want us to see the races via LFS Spectator .
I miss those times, when Estonian servers were used.
Quote from eckh1 :
OLFSLTv is nice and everything but spectator gives much better overall picture about gaps between racers and laptimes they are getting. And if some crash or spin occurs in the race then you notice it almost instantly.

I agree, it would make more sense, and you would have a little bit more choice as to the pool that you want to watch, or flick between them, but with OLFSLtv your are stuck with just the one pool, and unfortunately if its in the pool that Johnathan is in then you are stuck in car with him (I know it can't be helped Johnathan ), and you aren't really seeing any of the other cars in that pool.

As I say, it would be good to have the choice.
Hi again.

I'm not sure why spectator isn't enabled, but I'm sure it will be.

Regarding the view from my car. Yeah it's not ideal, and to be honest, with the way I'm driving at the moment, must be scary to watch.

But it wont matter from next time, I am planning to swap the tv card from the slower computer into my fast one, which should help things somewhat what with my nice cpu. This will mean that I wont be able to stream my race anyway, unless I race on the other pc that is.

Hopefully next event should see better quality, less buffering, and sound.

Due to popular opinion, I decided to stop the music, mainly to help out with the extra bandwidth more than aything else.
Quote from russraine :
I'm not sure why spectator isn't enabled, but I'm sure it will be.

Bump to old topic
If the servers would be upgraded from V to W at least we would be able to follow the live timing at LFS World without any bugs.

LFS Spectator?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG