The online racing simulator
Quote from horrgakx :What is the policy for enforcing this?

Hello Horrhakx,

The Appeals Arbiter has issued decisions in previous seasons which resulted in sanctions for drivers that had engaged in repeated track cutting (several laps in a row, large proportion of total laps, etc.). Cutting the track accidentally, to avoid another car, etc. especially on a rallycross event, is recognised as something that may happen beyond the control of a driver, but is certainly not encouraged. Track cutting that is deemed to be intentional by the Appeals Arbiter will result in sanctions.

Sincerely,

Solar Hydro, OLFSL Appeals Arbiter
I know this is a bit late and might not be able to change, but the rallyx events should be runned as ... rallyx event!
That means short heats with a "all meet all" serie and A, B and maybe C-final.

The points should be handed out after your standings.
To run rallyx events is to have maybe 5 laps heats and 8 in a final; short intense races. The way we do it now is somehow devestating to the rallyx intentions. I mean ... we now have to think about the tire condition before we slide on the tarmac ... urrrk. We should just through the car around the track in order to get FIRST (in a clean way of course), not to think strategic.

Is it really impossible to change the rallyx events?
Thanks for your help in here guys, but I've resigned from the OLFSL after the race last night. Best of luck to you guys!
May I ask what prompted your resignation horrgakx?
(remember that the real races are in Pools, the tuneup was not)

Solar Hydro
Yeh thats what tripped me up (no pools). Finishing 4 laps down wasn't fun. My setup is lousy and I also didn't know that suspension could be damaged on that track without actually hitting anything . I'll see the first race in, I hope its nice and level.
Quote from Cawwa :I know this is a bit late and might not be able to change, but the rallyx events should be runned as ... rallyx event!
That means short heats with a "all meet all" serie and A, B and maybe C-final.

The points should be handed out after your standings.
To run rallyx events is to have maybe 5 laps heats and 8 in a final; short intense races. The way we do it now is somehow devestating to the rallyx intentions. I mean ... we now have to think about the tire condition before we slide on the tarmac ... urrrk. We should just through the car around the track in order to get FIRST (in a clean way of course), not to think strategic.

Is it really impossible to change the rallyx events?

Spot on! Thats what i want too. Ive arranged RXC (RallyX Championships) for 3 seasons, and we have a special system that worked perfect for us.
If anyones interested the system look like this:
http://www.freewebs.com/rallyx/rules.htm#62935556

The whole event didnt take more than 1,5 hour. (Maybe coz Tukko and Zeugnimod handled the results and points-stuff. Damn, they were quick!)
I think that 40 laps rallycross is a brilliant idea. If it would be two/three heats, then the importance of keeping car in shape would be less effective. With single 40-lapper it's important to take those jumps correctly and not to bash into walls. Unfortunately it also increases the risk of getting knocked out from competition, but no-one wants to do that to anyone, right?

It's nice that everyone can participate and thus there will be many pools. Downside is that most of the races could require no pitstops. That's kind of sad. Pitting and refueling is fun.
Quote from horrgakx :Yeh thats what tripped me up (no pools). Finishing 4 laps down wasn't fun. My setup is lousy and I also didn't know that suspension could be damaged on that track without actually hitting anything . I'll see the first race in, I hope its nice and level.

To be honest horrgakx, finishing 4 laps down is a good result! At least you finished.

You will find when you race proper, you will be with a pool of other people who have around the same best lap time as you. Some of these could be able to sustain that hotlap for the entire 40 laps, and some, you will find, have less chance than you!

Basically, it IS worth sticking with it.

Sometimes your connection to the server will drop 3 laps from the end and you will want to scream so loudly that your little one will wake up and not be able to get back to sleep again! Then you will spend the next day ignoring the website because it hurts too much to see your result as a DNF!! (personal experience! ) BUT, it is still worth it. The feeling of purpose for a race and the feeling of working towards a result instead of just racing in "pick up" races online. It is great.

Also, you now have the knowledge that the track breaks the suspension. Other people who did not race at the weekend might not know this (or realise the effect that it actually has over 40 laps).

Try it! You will like it!

Tim
Damage!
Yes that final jump does a lot of damage, but, I'm sure there are setups about with the right suspension to cope with it. I think I would've survived the damage over 40 laps, however damage from the rest of events pushed it over the top!

edit.

Tim, and everyone in Nassa 2. I quite liked the emergency 2 minute quali we had to do before the race, very much fun, everyone having to do one flying lap, on track at the same time. I would actually suggest that for OLFSL itslef, although, think too many people would complain about it, but I think it's really good.
The fun thing with rallyx is that it's totaly different from ordinary racing. It's short races, very intence and a little punting is allowed all in order to get a good position and to be able to qualify to the final.
When you are running for 40 laps none of this very important, you have to be very tactical with your car in order to get over the finish line at all. That't far away from what rallyx is, the "soul" of rallyx is gone.

I realize it's way to late to run this coming event this way but may I suggest we run the second rallyx in Fern Bay the way it's ment to be, according to The Mask's idea?
Quote from russraine :
Tim, and everyone in Nassa 2. I quite liked the emergency 2 minute quali we had to do before the race, very much fun, everyone having to do one flying lap, on track at the same time. I would actually suggest that for OLFSL itslef, although, think too many people would complain about it, but I think it's really good.

That was a rushed decision because I /end'd the qualify instead of /restart'd it, but yes, in the circumstances it seemed to work quite well and I thank you all on the NASSA 2 server for understanding and going along with it.

Unfortunately, I really do not think we can use it because I saw quite a few people spinning and generally not getting a good lap because they started behind slower cars.

Tim
Quote from Cawwa :It's short races, very intence and a little punting is allowed all in order to get a good position and to be able to qualify to the final.

Our appeals arbiter would like this idea

Honestly, this idea would require a separate league to work. Or how did you think to hand out the points so that the event will not become "less valuable". I'm open to suggestions, but it must be consistent with the rest of the season.

Oh.. and that was just my point of view - haven't discussed about this with the staff.
Couldn't you just fork out the points after places. When the finals are over all drivers have their earned places and can get the normal points for a race. The same points as it had been a normal race. Would work uh?
Can someone lend me a decent set?, hotlap deadline is looming & I am doing ants: !
Quote from anttt69 :Can someone lend me a decent set?, hotlap deadline is looming & I am doing ants: !

Tried to send you a set but your fsmail seems to be down. E-Mail me and i'll reply with a set.

Ant
Another question, relating to the "pools". Do you stay in the pool you're in for the first race? Or are the pools drawn every race depending on your hotlap?

Dave
i see the rules about scoring are clear now but there is still one thing a bit confusing "Remove worst events (experimental)."
Rule says that worst 2 races are eliminated but the scoring board still says it is experimental.
I want it to be explained
is think FienDi just forgot to take Experimental off, that's all.
k i thougth about that aswell but wanted to be sure . Let him know then
Quite a lot of race series (real world) allow you to drop the worst 2 results from your score at the end of the season. That means for example if you don't finish twice in the season then you can drop them.
Quote from lastpunisher :k i thougth about that aswell but wanted to be sure . Let him know then

I occasionally read the forum myself too

It was a remnant from the past, gone now. Thanks for pointing this out.
Drop the worst two events.......in the first I was crippled........in the second I Died

Which real racer am i speaking of?

The Professer.

Greg Moore did it aswell..........crashed really bad..broke his back..went on to die later.

So Sad
Quote from lastpunisher : i see the rules about scoring are clear now but there is still one thing a bit confusing "Remove worst events (experimental)."
Rule says that worst 2 races are eliminated but the scoring board still says it is experimental.
I want it to be explained

Don't miss two events.......rule wouldn't apply.

But if you need help read rules.
I'd want to ask which patch is driven in the next event?
W, Wx or X(if by then it is finished)?

[moved] General questions
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG