The online racing simulator
[moved] General questions
Hi guys, I've got some questions which are not mentioned in the FAQ.

At what point will the circuit, laps, cars etc. be announced? Will they be announced for the full season or will they be announced before each individual race?

What is the Skilldriving Challenge?

[EDIT] another; I've joined using my name (horrgakx) without my team's prefix (R4R). Can I use the prefix during racing as the one that appears above my car as other people see me?

Dave
Quote from horrgakx :
At what point will the circuit, laps, cars etc. be announced? Will they be announced for the full season or will they be announced before each individual race?

The calendar will be announced for the whole season, at the moment it's held somewhere out of the public eye.

Quote : What is the Skilldriving Challenge?

A special autocross event which is sort of extra race, no points scored for the standings but a title to win

Quote : [EDIT] another; I've joined using my name (horrgakx) without my team's prefix (R4R). Can I use the prefix during racing as the one that appears above my car as other people see me?

You can edit your name from the profile. You should keep your name the same as the player name you are using, helps the hosts with their job I think.
And Welcome to the OLFSL!
Thankyou!
Question about points system.

Last season it caused alot of problems. So i assume the points system stays way the last champion was announced. But i got curious and read the rules for points system and i saw that there is still that formula [(Participated events/Total nr of events-20%) X total points]

so... . then what the actual points system is?
Quote from lastpunisher :Question about points system.

Last season it caused alot of problems. So i assume the points system stays way the last champion was announced. But i got curious and read the rules for points system and i saw that there is still that formula [(Participated events/Total nr of events-20%) X total points]

so... . then what the actual points system is?

Please bear with us, while a format has been decided, it takes time to apply the math to the web site.

It will all be in place before the first flag drops.
alright
#7 - Cawwa
Quote from AtomAnt :Please bear with us, while a format has been decided, it takes time to apply the math to the web site.

It will all be in place before the first flag drops.

I take that as you look through the points for teams as well? Or maybe we can hope for calculating the 3 or 4 first places in a team?
Quote from Cawwa :I take that as you look through the points for teams as well? Or maybe we can hope for calculating the 3 or 4 first places in a team?

So I think you'd like to see them counted the way national standings are? I hope so, because that's the way it's going to be - once I get back from work.
you know
I think it must be cos I'm a Brit. But I've still not worked out how any of the OLFSL score systems work LOL.
But FienDi, I have faith in you
Another quick question please regarding hotlaps - if I submit a lap now and improve it later, am I allowed to re-upload?

Dave
Quote from horrgakx :Another quick question please regarding hotlaps - if I submit a lap now and improve it later, am I allowed to re-upload

Yes
My shortest post ever... :P
#12 - Davo
This is a really stupid question but how do I upload hotlaps? I can't see the box anywhere? And when is the hotlap deadline?
#13 - bozo
Quote from Davo :This is a really stupid question but how do I upload hotlaps? I can't see the box anywhere? And when is the hotlap deadline?

You need to login to the website. When you log in, the time until the deadline displays in the top right corner, and there's a link next to it to send the hotlap. Also a link appears on the left navigation pane.

Deadline is 6pm UTC next Friday.
#14 - Davo
I'm logged in and can't see the deadline and can't see the link on the navigation pane. I had some trouble with my account when I created it, maybe the problems not fully resolved. I couldn't subscribe, but it started working suddenly. Might have to mail support.
#15 - bozo
I just tried, and the site seems to be having a break! I can't upload a hotlap either, or post a message.
Site's working ok for me. You can use the Contact Us section on the site to contact the webmaster, FienDi.
Also why can't we upload hotlaps with patch V, patch U & V are the same so is this problem going to be sorted out
Well.... if patch V was the same as U, then they wouldn't have released V would they?
The main difference when hotlapping is that in V driving in the wrong direction makes your lap invalid, which is good I think. So yes, they are not the same
Well they are almost the same just a little new features in the menu area and the sound but apart from that there close to the same
Seems that driving the wrong way getting you a invalid lap wasn't included to the V, it was in some of the U version
Quote from Blackout :Seems that driving the wrong way getting you a invalid lap wasn't included to the V, it was in some of the U version

I think that was put it around TP24/25 i think anyway the HL system as been upgraded on OLFSL site so no need to worry
Yes, there was some undefined problem with the site - most likely something to do with the hosting service. Anyway, better now than on event weekend

- edit ---
As a matter of fact, I'm getting slow responses from the site just now. Anyone else with long loading times?
Quote from rc10racer :Well they are almost the same just a little new features in the menu area and the sound but apart from that there close to the same

Jon, an iron and a trouser-press are almost the same but still have differences
Another question, about rules.

The rules say "The driving line must be taken as laid out by the track. With this in mind, you must try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times and not hit any of the cones, tires, barrels or walls . You'll find that this is the same as the HLCV system you must follow while hotlapping".

I can imagine this to be broken by EVERYONE at least once in the race, wether by accident or not. I'm sure I'll be guilty if you've ever seen me trying to hotlap . What is the policy for enforcing this?

[moved] General questions
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG