The online racing simulator
Quote from Renku :I think we need to use a layout again for the upcoming FE Club rev LX4 race!? I might overdone with objects in the pic, but 3 of those big red-white barriers to every "bend" in the pic (9 objects in total) should be enough. So if someone still tries to cut, they will probably take off and when they land - car will be damaged and there is a good chance that they have to use the reset function, too. I think (or actually hope) that everyone will get to lap 2 safely when they take T1/T2 easier.

Please tell me u are joking here. IMHO it is totaly unnecessary to have that kinda restrictions over there. Try and go cut that corner every lap out of 60 and count how many times it will get u spinned around. This is racing for christ sake not some olds mobile reunion where everybody is driving around nice and easily and observing the other ones skins. If the correct line is taken, u dont need to go over the grass all the time. But if everyone is gonna be doing it then it will be seen on the replay and ppl can have a complaint at the appeals arbeiter for him to decide what's what. Imagine ur self racing for position and it WILL acour that u are gonan have to bank to side a bit to prevent collision. Now whit them obstacles standing there it is gonna be a hell of a takeoff, not to mention how ugly the track looks with them standing there. Plus u can't see nothin. So please leave this aside and let us have a nice little GP.
Quote from PwrSlave :... it will be seen on the replay and ppl can have a complaint at the appeals arbeiter for him to decide what's what....

The 'appeals arbeiter' still has work to do from the previous race, let's keep things simple!

Solar Hydro
Sorry 3J I don't agree, that fesking track didn't agree with me so I don't agree with it!!!

The thing is, HLVC allows you to cut so much that the it doesn't give you any advantage to your lap times, well not to me anyway.

I think a little set of tyres next to the ones allready present in the 1st corners would be ok but as soon as someone slips a little wide, or goes wider because of being along side someone it's going to spin them out or affect them in someway atleast.

I would accept Renku's layout if we were using UF1, not this bollok of a car.
Quote from Bawbag :I would accept Renku's layout if we were using UF1, not this bollok of a car.

Yeah well.. I think Renku exaggerated a bit..
#55 - bozo
Just a thought which I'm sure not everybody will be in favour of, but one improvement suggestion would be the use of a rolling start.

On a number of tracks trying to safely get around the first couple of corners is quite a challenge from a mid-grid position. Many people seem to be quite determined at this stage of the race, and with everybody bunched so closely trying to avoid an incident can be somewhat difficult.

A simple rule would be to not allow overtaking on lap 1. It would be easy to administer, as the stats will show the order at the end of the lap. Additional rules would be needed to cater for people who spin or cause a crash on that first lap, but that shouldn't occur often given the calibre of drivers we have in the league

On the plus side, as we see in F1 following a few laps with a pace car, the cars will be strung out a bit at the start of the second lap, but with suitable skill a driver can position themselves to make up a place or two with good judgement on the approach to the start line.

I'm sure some people will not like the suggestion, as it is not used in the racing that most of us watch (except Nascar and Indy? (it's not called Indy anymore is it )), but might be worthy of consideration.
Hmm, Can't see that happening Bozo, I wouldn't participate in such a league which didn't allow overtaking IMHO racing is about overtaking and getting infront of cars early on, not getting stuck behind them untill 1 lap is over.

I mean what about the guy infront who has a really crappy couple of corners where you could eaily overtake? Your stuck behind him losing a few seconds while the guys ahead are flying away. In this situation the cars behind the slower car would all bunch up and try to overtake into T.1 on lap 2, meaning that everyone is overtaking, kinda like the start again but faster...illepall
Generally the rule for rolling starts is that you need to stay behind the car in front, and stay in position until you cross the start finish line. It's been done in lfs leagues before, where the cars go around for a slow lap, then bunch together a few turns before the straight and get up to speed on the straight.

I really like how the rolling starts are in nascar racing 2003. Even with 30 drivers online it works out well. When everyone enters the track the game starts you a few turns before the start/finish, and it gives you like a minute to join in. Theres a pace car which pulls you off in the final turn, and it black flags you if you are ahead of the person infront before the line. I wish something that was in lfs.

Quote :Hmm, Can't see that happening Bozo, I wouldn't participate in such a league which didn't allow overtaking IMHO racing is about overtaking and getting infront of cars early on, not getting stuck behind them untill 1 lap is over.

Yeah.. that definately wouldn't work. I think he meant everyone would do 1 lap following each other to prepare for the rolling start though.
Just so you all know, I'm hosting and will do NO LESS than a 1 minute lag lap start for this track...then we'll just hit restart....of course I will warn you that the REAL race is about to start.

And PLEASE..no typing while i'm setting the grid,
it just adds to the confusion.

Good Luck to all.

Crash at will

--edit------
removed text that is not in line with OLFSL rules. sry about that.
I would edit that now Ant, if Solar sees what you said he will go mad!!
Quote from AtomAnt :...In the event of a MASS accident we will restart...

What's that, a RESTART? Could you please show me, where that rule is written! And I hope there is also mentioned the number of racers that need to crash, so it would be a mass accident.
NO RESTARTS!!
I would like to be informed about this kind of decisions BEFORE it becomes public.. And we need more than one staff member to vote for it before it's official
improvements?!?!!? ok new season maybe soon?
big thx
Can we have OLFSL racer bars like STCC ,? They said any leagues can have them & its good advertising.

Oh go on you know you want too.
Quote from anttt69 :Can we have OLFSL racer bars like STCC ,? They said any leagues can have them & its good advertising.

Oh go on you know you want too.

+1.

I even quickly created one . It's not very original, and I'm not particularly good at these things, but here's what I came up with (so far only the mini-bar, but that's mainly because I don't have the OLFSL-font):

Edit: Added another quick job on the longer version.
Attached images
userbar_racer_s.gif
userbar_long_s.gif
+1 from me, maybe our fearless leader will do one up
Here are my fearless versions - not so good, but "original"
Attached images
olfslbar_144x19.gif
olfslbar_350x19.gif
I liked Linsens better. sorry mrs F
Quote from anttt69 :I liked Linsens better. sorry mrs F

That was MR F you were talking to Ant/UK...lol
Quote from anttt69 :I liked Linsens better. sorry mrs () F

Well, I've never been such a talent in gfx... And for now, we can't use them anyway.
What are these bars for btw?
Quote from varjsa-9 :Well, I've never been such a talent in gfx... And for now, we can't use them anyway.

Why can't we use them? If it's a technical problem, I'm sure SamH could help out. He did the ones for STCC and should know all that has to be done to make it work. Or are there other problems?

@russraine: they're for putting them in your sig like this:
Quote from Linsen :Why can't we use them?

Didn't say we can't use them at all, but that we can't use them for now. I received info about how to get then set - I will find time to get it done. However, I'm currently out of town (until Friday). We-ll se after I'm back.

Quote from Linsen :@russraine: they're for putting them in your sig like this:

In other words; no special meaning, just for fun.
Quote from anttt69 :Can we have OLFSL racer bars like STCC ,? They said any leagues can have them & its good advertising.

[B]publicity[B]. edit: on second thoughts its not like OLFSL needs any more drivers!
I think if u get laged out u should get last place points.You want the series to be realistic with the no shift s or resetting the car. Lagging out is not somthing that happens in real life and i think its lame that lagging out gets u the same points as resetting ur car or just crashing out.I deff would have finished if it wasnt for the lag.
#75 - bozo
@Modoff, I agree with your view that lagging out should be worth more points than crashing or resetting, but if you look at the practicality it would mean that somebody would need to view each disconnect and determine whether the racer crashed and then disconnected to gain some points, or whether the disconnect was genuine.

[moved OLFSL] Improvement suggestions
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG