The online racing simulator
.lyt for KY3R to prevent cutting
Imho, KY3 has 2 places where you can gain a lot time by cutting the track while LFS still takes it as HLVC lap. Below is my suggestion for a layout, if there will be one. I have added some haybales and couple of tire stacks on the T2/3 and in the fast chicane.

EDIT: pics added.
EDIT2: look: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=270254#post270254
Nice idea but i think that is bit extreme and will decrease fps quite much, only 2-3 tyres really needed there for every chicane. Example shot from layout lfs-suomi used.
Attached images
chicane.jpg
I'd really like the objects a bit closer to the track on the chicane. It says on the rules "With this in mind, you must try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times and ...". Imho with this in mind the pbject should be so close to the track that you can't cut the corner.

I agree with the fps thing, too many objects on the .lyt

But I would still put few objects on the T2/T3 too...
#4 - axus
Thanks, Hyperactive, good idea! I'll go round and put cones for the high speed corners, rather (if you knock one over, you're penalised a point or something like that). You don't want to put someone in the concrete for cutting the corner by mistake... he could crash into someone else in the process too. (Note to self: add a clause about being forced into the cones etc). I'll make them so that as long as you keep two wheels on the tarmac, you can't hit them.
Yeah i agree Hyper, i raced MoE and the one place where cutting was evident was where the chicane meets the oval. We were ofcourse racing in the opposite direction but it will still be a problem in rev.

Now i think we should go for the cones rather that the hay bails. We are all not noobs here so when a rule is put up saying if you cut a corner this is the consequence, we are going to abide by it. Plus if someone repeatedly does cut someone will see and can report it after the race and it can be handled by the admins.
I really think that T2 needs cones (at least) as well. If you lose the tail even a bit, you can just drive over the green stuff and lose 0 time. Another thing is that are the cones visible enough? Tire stacks, of course, have the best visibility but they also have the strangest behaviour. Imho, one or two hay bales in T2 and in the chicane would be the best for visibility and rules.

I wouldn't want to be the judge when you need to make the decision if the collision with the cone(s) was because of cutting or losing control. If you hit the hay bales you get instant punishment. If you were forced to hit the hay bale, the offender gets his/her punishment after the race.

I really hate that chicane, it feels just so out of place there anyway
I've suggested to Anton that we employ the same strategy as stated above - hay bales. I believe he's making a .lyt
Never noticed FPS drop with a few objects here and there, there's already hundreds in each track, what's another ten or twenty?
I don't know why but I know for a fact that layouts on tracks hump your frames.

On my old PC I could survive the start of 20 cars round fe club in the XRT, but even after 5 laps the layout would still seriously screw my layout, but new PC now so they don't bother me, layout on.

Nice one Btw.
I have 5-15 fps with full grid so i think i'm screwed with this..oh well :}
Aren't the suspension-wrecking bits that stick out if you get on the kerb too much enough? Especially since it's an endurance race people will want to keep damage to a minimum.
Quote from Leifde :Aren't the suspension-wrecking bits that stick out if you get on the kerb too much enough? Especially since it's an endurance race people will want to keep damage to a minimum.

I just did 5 laps and on each lap I drove over the "suspension-wrecking bits that stick out" (both wheels) on all three corners, gained a lot time but suspension didn't really seem to mind at all.

EDIT: "just" meaning yesterday
#13 - axus
It IS an issue and it WILL be dealt with, but the measures won't be that extreme that the track is made more dangerous in any way because accidents do happen. I really don't see the point in having more than one hay bail there in any case (if we go with hay bails)... two at max, to just make a line across the part that's not on the acceptable line.
Quote from Hyperactive :I just did 5 laps and on each lap I drove over the "suspension-wrecking bits that stick out" (both wheels) on all three corners, gained a lot time but suspension didn't really seem to mind at all.

EDIT: "just" meaning yesterday

I always thought they did, oh well, my plan fails
#15 - axus
Here is the final layout. It has 15 hay bales overall, it should be sufficient but if you see any way of cutting the track that I've not covered, please let me know.
Attached files
KY3R_LXCC.lyt - 132 B - 270 views
Layout is up and active on the vMaxHome server for practice

.lyt for KY3R to prevent cutting
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG