The online racing simulator

Poll : Should driver switching be allowed?

Yes, allow driver switching
No, disallow driver switching
#1 - axus
Allow switching of drivers between races?
Hi guys,

I'd forgotten about this, and I figured with the start of the season approaching, it needs to be settled. The title is pretty self-explainatory - should teams be able to change which driver drives which car from race to race?

There was also championship for individual drivers from both classes? If it was that way it would make those quite useless. I voted no.
#3 - axus
Quote from Oxygene :There was also championship for individual drivers from both classes? If it was that way it would make those quite useless. I voted no.

Good point... that might just rule the whole thing out.
Guys, please vote bearing this in mind.
I see it as a team based thing rather than individual based on thing.

The team drives two cars. The team has three drivers. At the end of the season, the points in both classes and in total are calculated = 3 championships (LX4, LX6 and both merged).

But I didn't vote yet, I'll ask my team mate first.

EDIT: voted yes. We would like to switch drivers
I can't drive the LX6 in a straight line so there'd be no switching with my team mate, but I'm not bothered if other people do it.
#6 - bozo
Quote from Hyperactive :But I didn't vote yet, I'll ask my team mate first.

I voted yes because my team mate told me to .

Well, maybe that's not quite true ... I don't mind whichever car I drive, and as it's a team-event predominantly I do not have a problem with teams switching their drivers. It's going to happen anyway where teams have a third driver.

Quote from Hyperactive :At the end of the season, the points in both classes and in total are calculated = 3 championships (LX4, LX6 and both merged).

Sounds like the perfect format to me. Allows the 3rd driver to be used without the team losing points in the individual championships.
#7 - maczo
Voted "yes". Seems reasonable and feasible.
#8 - axus
Alright - it looks like we shall allow drivers to swap cars between races.

Just to inform you guys, the seperate per car championships will still be going on, it will just be a team thing also. Ie. team A could be on top in the championship overall but team B and team C could each take titles for the LX4 class and the LX6 class. Hope that makes some sense.
You have reserve drivers for each team available. How about making it so that the two main drivers can only drive the car they signed up for, and the reserve driver can drive either car?
#10 - axus
That was how it originally worked, people asked for it to be as it is now.
Yes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG