2. 96
3. 94
13 84
14 83

Div B
1 83+5 = 88
2 84
3 82

So every winner of a division gets 5 points more then the last finisher in a division higher.

Use of wind:

Before the season the wind setting for each race will be set randomly using a probability factor:

No wind : 60% chance
Low wind: 30% chance
High wind: 10% chance

Use of different sky settings:

Before the season the sky settings for each race will be set randomly using a probability factor:

Sunny: 50%
Evening/Morning: 25%
Overcast: 25%

More racers then divisions

Allow 80 racers to sign up and qualify for each event, and have up to 3 servers with 20 racers each. The servers are filled untill they are completely full (20 racers at the moment). This means there will be divisions with a low amount of racers. These divisions will only take place if they are more then 50% filled.

Two qualification sessions

In the week before the race, there will be one qualification session at Wednesday and one at Thursday. Both are 45 minutes, and each racer can complete 15 laps in total, best time counts, racers dont have to attend all the sessions.
Racers sign up for an event by attending the qualification, there wont be a list of signups before the start of the qualification anymore. Racers who don't set a time are not shown on the qualification page, unless they sign up.

Another possibility:

Qualification sessions of 1 hour starting at 20.00 cet on Monday and Tuesday, and then the race on Wednesday in the same week.

Race start at 20:00 CET

Will this be doable for UK/Portugal based racers?

Starting procedure

Keep it as it is.

Rejoining a race after a disconnect/out of fuel/crash

- Don't allow people to rejoin in a normal race until it is supported by LFS itself. This will only require more InSim work, which is not wanted.
- Allow rejoining during a team race. 5 minute stop and go penalty is given.

Pre season qualifying

Keep it as it is. Running one server for a week worked very well.

Shorter seasons

Interest in the league/season is very high at the start of a season, and quickly decreases. Future seasons all have 3 normal races and 1 teamrace. Popular car classes, like the big gtrs, can get more then one season.

Chat penalties

- The admins keep a list of racers who chat during a race or qualification session. Every line qualified as 'unwanted' will get the racer a penalty of 1 point.
- Rejoining a server after a disconnect : 5 points. People are also not allowed to join to 'see if there are other drivers having lag problems', because in case of a serious server malfunction the race will be stopped and restarted. But 9 out of 10 times it will be a problem on the side of the racer, and if someone reconnects he can time out again and take other racers with him.
#2 - fnac
looks very good.
I like the idea of doing qualifications monday and/or tuesday before the race. more realistic and easier to schedule with others real life constraints.

two suggestions:
- more chance to have wind? like 30% for no wind
- what about allowing composition of new teams only for a season (independently from established teams)

I agree shorter seasons is better. But it could be interesting to maintain a overall standing over seasons, namely an lfsendu standing.

thanks for your work.
Quote from Frankmd :- Rejoining a server after a disconnect : 5 points. People are also not allowed to join to 'see if there are other drivers having lag problems', because in case of a serious server malfunction the race will be stopped and restarted. But 9 out of 10 times it will be a problem on the side of the racer, and if someone reconnects he can time out again and take other racers with him.

What does it mean if server says "MP replay out of stash space"? I got disconnected once when this message came up and I'm not sure if this was my fault (my connection worked days without a single problem or disconnection).

It's very improbable someone would take "others with him"... The probability of server crash/failure is much higher in my opinion. Therefore I don' consider penalty points a good idea if someone just wants to check the server status.
One can check the server status by clicking the "?" in the LFS server list.
I like the random weather thing idea.

...another thing, if u are NOT one the fastest guys (like me),
its kind of "aaarghh..." to see someone in div.A who dont finnish a race gets
allmost the same points for the event than someone getting a 8-10th place in
div.B.

...just my little "rant" :hidesbehi
otherwise, I really like this league.
Maybe give all DNF's the same amount of points, independant of the division?

Say

Div C last finisher points minus 10?
I agree that DNF should not give more Points than a finished Race in a lower Division.
The chance for Wind will be an interesting addition to the Season.
5 Races + Teamrace are not too much for a Season. I would prefer to drive Seasons as it is, perhaps 4 Races + Teamrace?
#8 - fnac
I agree too that a DNF should not give much points (what about no point at all?).
the purpose of the league is to do endurance. if someone does not finish, whatever the reason, he should be ranked behind all the finishing racers.
like in F1 for example.
having made a better quali should not count. again, just like in real life races.
nice changes, looks all fine for me.
I prefer the idea with the qualy closer to the race date, on monday and thuesday.
also like the "overbooking" to get full grids.
same with stats over more seasons.
not so happy with no rejoin, but its ok why.
so I hope for a patch

some minor thoughts:
typo in the points for 2./3. in grid B?
anyhow, whats with some extra points for the 2. and 3. also?

Div A
13 84
14 83 ->last finisher

Div B
1 83+5 = 88
2 82+3 = 85
3 81+2 = 83
13 71
14 70 ->last finisher

Div C
1 70+5 = 75
2 69+2 = 71
3 68+1 = 69

rejoin in team-race,
the 5 min penalty is to much,
you have also todo the last lap from start.
so i think 2-3 min is enough.

*cough* atm. y get for a DNF the points for place 21 from the next lower grid,
maybe Bo mixed it up with a other league.
http://lfsendu.com/points_table.php
and driving 99% of the race to get zero points is also unfair
didn`t think that its worth to make complicated rule (eg. more % driven distance-> more points for DNF)
so i think its not that bad like it is now
maybe a change to fit it into the new flexible pointsystem is needed.

"MP replay out of stash space"
i think that deserve a own topic.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1919
Quote from fnac :I agree too that a DNF should not give much points (what about no point at all?).
the purpose of the league is to do endurance. if someone does not finish, whatever the reason, he should be ranked behind all the finishing racers.
like in F1 for example.
having made a better quali should not count. again, just like in real life races.

hmmm F1 is ONE league, so I think it's fair that if you crash out you get no points.

I don't think it would be fair in the Endurance League, which whilst the league is about endurance, I thought it was also about matching real life racing and competitive racing!. If I'm racing competitively in Div A for 1 hour and 50 minutes and my tyres go, yes it's partly my fault, but I'm going to be really frustrated that someone in a lower division gets more points than me! I can accept that a number of racers receive more points, but everyone? No :o I'd rather see people racing competitively rather than conservatively! I think reducing the points for DNF will force conservative racing.
Quote from KayJay :I think reducing the points for DNF will force conservative racing.

Well.... "conservative" driving, as u state it, is EXACTLY the point of endurance
racing. - the skill of being careful to ur car and at the same time being fast.

Why on earth should someone who DNF, no matter what div.
get more points than someone who actually finnishing the race???
what does tyre blow have to do with DNF?
Quote from Rumiko :what does tyre blow have to do with DNF?

oups... bad typo. - edited now.
#14 - fnac
Quote from KayJay :
If I'm racing competitively in Div A for 1 hour and 50 minutes and my tyres go, yes it's partly my fault, but I'm going to be really frustrated that someone in a lower division gets more points than me!

if your tyres go before the end and you didnt manage to pit in time, i do think you are not racing competitively in a endurance league (especially in divA), whatever is your PB.
to me, if one wants to get points in a 2 hour race, the first step is to finish the race.

its true for any race, by the way.
i may be wrong but I cant remember any real life race where not finishing drivers get more points than finishing ones.

the split in divisions is just a mean to overcome the limitation of number of racers per server, but we are all driving in the same championship, and we all have to finish the race to expect some reward.

different divisions does not mean different classes, like NGT and GT.
at least its my opinion :-)
Following that idea wouldn't it be fairer to collate all the finnish times from the different divisions and calculate each individuals standing from that?

I know there's possible abuses of that system, but whne you stop and think about it, maybe its not as stupid as it sounds... e.g. if a potenial div A racer qualifies slow on purpose to get a clearer run in a lower division for example.. it may aid him in the opening stages, but being an enduro he would soon be lapping traffic and having to repeatedly be dealing with slower traffic, so the initial advantage could quickly become a disadvantage

I know, I know dumb idea... :P
#16 - fnac
Quote from B2B@300 :Following that idea wouldn't it be fairer to collate all the finnish times from the different divisions and calculate each individuals standing from that?

I know there's possible abuses of that system, but whne you stop and think about it, maybe its not as stupid as it sounds... e.g. if a potenial div A racer qualifies slow on purpose to get a clearer run in a lower division for example.. it may aid him in the opening stages, but being an enduro he would soon be lapping traffic and having to repeatedly be dealing with slower traffic, so the initial advantage could quickly become a disadvantage

I know, I know dumb idea... :P

i totally agree with this idea.
at least some points could be gained according to the number of laps and times.

another way to eliminate the risk of abuse could be to use the overall championship standing - or last race standing - to set the whole starting grid.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG