The online racing simulator
League Suggestions
Any other suggestions for the leagues which don't fit into the categoires in the other threads?
  • I'm hoping for quite a few races this time, enough for example, that if you have one bad race (or even miss it due to illness say) that you aren't out of the championship. I know each race is vital, but the fewer there are the harder it is and more likely that only the top three guys (or girls) will win.
  • I think customary pit stops always throw in a welcome random element to races, and there should be one in each race (apart from maybe a short sprint race).
  • I don't know about everyone else, but I like the idea of a 10 minute Quali before the race, the hotlaps gives the pros more chance to be perfect and start at the front, qual's give more random outcomes.
Anyway not slagging off the way things are, just my opinions. Would like to hear everyones.
Quote from russraine :Any other suggestions for the leagues which don't fit into the categoires in the other threads?
  • I'm hoping for quite a few races this time, enough for example, that if you have one bad race (or even miss it due to illness say) that you aren't out of the championship. I know each race is vital, but the fewer there are the harder it is and more likely that only the top three guys (or girls) will win.
  • I think customary pit stops always throw in a welcome random element to races, and there should be one in each race (apart from maybe a short sprint race).
  • I don't know about everyone else, but I like the idea of a 10 minute Quali before the race, the hotlaps gives the pros more chance to be perfect and start at the front, qual's give more random outcomes.
Anyway not slagging off the way things are, just my opinions. Would like to hear everyones.

i don't like forced pitting - it just depends on the race settings, but if you look back at the XFR/UFR race, everyone had to pit at least once (some even twice due to their setup) not counting the damage-pitting

if there's time for a 10 min quali, i'd also think it will be good, but if we're starting in 5 or more grids (i'm sure we will) it'll cause even more delays than we had the last time, so i'm not sure if it'll be really clever
Quote from russraine :I'm hoping for quite a few races this time, enough for example, that if you have one bad race (or even miss it due to illness say) that you aren't out of the championship. I know each race is vital, but the fewer there are the harder it is and more likely that only the top three guys (or girls) will win.

There will be 12 events during the next OLFSL season. 5 before christmas, 7 after. We will have a long christmas break, partly because one of the events would have been on 25th of December. Here's what our Race Calendar looks like atm:

16.10. Blackwood GTi & GT
30.10. Kyoto GP Long FOX
13.11. South City Town Course UF1000
27.11. Aston Cadet rev UF1000
11.12. Fern Bay RallyX RB4
Christmas break
8.1. Aston National rev XFR, UFR
22.1. Aston National XFR, UFR
5.2. Westhill International FOX
19.2. Aston Grand Prix XRR, FXR, FZR (This is planned to be a long race)
5.3. Blackwood Rallycross XRG
19.3. South City Sprint track 1 MRT
26.3. Fern Bay Club rev LX4

The tracks we plan to keep, but we're open to suggestions about the cars.

Quote from russraine :I don't know about everyone else, but I like the idea of a 10 minute Quali before the race, the hotlaps gives the pros more chance to be perfect and start at the front, qual's give more random outcomes. Anyway not slagging off the way things are, just my opinions. Would like to hear everyones.

We gave this up and took in the hotlap system, because we had pools (in every event) where there was one really fast guy, next guy was like 30 seconds behind him and so on. If we had 2 racers, who could actually race against each other, that was a lot. So this is why we decided to try the hotlap thing, and so far it has worked well, although it gives a chance to sandbagging but we have a lot of honest racers who don't do that.
not a single TBO race? sad

could you at least add the TBO class cars to the last (FE1 reverse) race, since they are in the same 'league' as the LX4 when it comes to speed and overall laptimes?
Yippie, some great choices. Can't wait for da OLFSL Season to start up, you know us NASSA guys will be out in full force.
about the pools...

Will the pools be divided into similar hotlap times or will there be cut off points eg first 20 times then second 20 times.

What im thinkin is if there are cut offs, and say the first 19 lap times are all under 1.00 and the 20th is 1.02 will that 20th person be put in a race with people 2 seconds a lap faster than them?

Of course this might not happen but im just speculating

Thanks - J
Servers can take about 20 racers/pool. Atm we have 66 subscribers and 20 of them have sent a hotlap. Based on the past seasons, the number will go up to 50 at least.

This is why I have to divide people in groups, about 20 racers/group. There may be 20 in a pool, or just 16, that depends on how many racers have sent their hotlaps. My main goal is to get same amount of people in every pool. This may of course cause a situation, where someone is 2 seconds slower than the others, but so far the pools have been pretty even.

Hopefully this answers your question..

League Suggestions
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG