The online racing simulator

Poll : Which logo do you like best?

Closed since :
Vote for OLFSL Logo
Okay, I think we have enough to arrange a poll now.

Give us your feedback, please

Here are the nominees:
Attached images
logo1_small.jpg
logo2_small.jpg
logo3_small.jpg
logo4_small.jpg
logo5_small.jpg
And the rest of them:
Attached images
logo6_small.jpg
logo7_small.jpg
Logo 2 looks so much better than the others it's almost sickening.
I was planning on entering a (imho strong) competitor, have a nice idea with an actual *logo*, in stead of just an OLFS title...

Problem is I'm a little busy at the University. In the meantime I voted for logo 2 as it looks nice and professional.
Quote from joshdifabio :Logo 2 looks so much better than the others it's almost sickening.

I have to agree with you. No doubt in my mind which one you should use!
Logo 2 or 7
logo 2

although i'd take only one of the suggestions in logo2 - the bottom left one looks perfect for me

the mini car in logo 1 is also kind of interesting - so i would love to see a combination of the car from logo 1 and the bottom left logo in number 2
Quote from joshdifabio :Logo 2 looks so much better than the others it's almost sickening.

On behalf of those who actually took the time to make a design for us:

If you can't/won't make a design yourself, then you shouldn't be smashing other people's designs.

"Let the person who's conscience is cleanest throw the first stone.."

Some people actually spent time on this! I think it's a great thing. There wouldn't be a vote if it wasn't for these people.

It may be the most professional looking, but OLFSL is not necessarily looking for the most professional design. I like designs 1 and 3 the most, because those 2 are good for every situation, both would look good on t-shirts, mugs etc., and they're very casual and simple.

OLFSL is run by 2 people, who are 24 and 25 years old. We want to keep it casual and open for everyone.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I'll say it anyway. The reason I don't like design number 2, is because it's too official, too professional looking, too.. can't find a word that would describe what I'm trying to say here.. It just doesn't feel right for OLFSL.
Nothing personal against the designer, I just don't like the design.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :On behalf of those who actually took the time to make a design for us:

If you can't/won't make a design yourself, then you shouldn't be smashing other people's designs.

"Let the person who's conscience is cleanest throw the first stone.."

Some people actually spent time on this! I think it's a great thing. There wouldn't be a vote if it wasn't for these people.

It may be the most professional looking, but OLFSL is not necessarily looking for the most professional design. I like designs 1 and 3 the most, because those 2 are good for every situation, both would look good on t-shirts, mugs etc., and they're very casual and simple.

OLFSL is run by 2 people, who are 24 and 25 years old. We want to keep it casual and open for everyone.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I'll say it anyway. The reason I don't like design number 2, is because it's too official, too professional looking, too.. can't find a word that would describe what I'm trying to say here.. It just doesn't feel right for OLFSL.
Nothing personal against the designer, I just don't like the design.

This forum is based in a free country

I didn't mean to offend anyone though, sorry if I did.
i think the professionalism of design 2 would look great on a t-shirt, mousepad, other merchandise.. because when i actually spend money on something, it HAS to be professional.

your objections with the league are understandable, since it's a league open for amateurs, newcomers, part-time racers and so on.

i'd still prefer logo 2 - nobody said that you can't look professional even if you're not
I personally do not like logo2, 6 OLFS in 6 boxes is not something I would like on a t-shirt, mug, mousepad etc.....

It is very well done and credit to the creator, logo1 works best, imo, for any item its plain and simple and cheap to manufacture too :P

Sure logo 2 is good for the web but I think thats it.
Logo 2 isn't completely 'finished' (just needs some work for the small text below), I could always add something to it or make changes if you guys want :o

Anyways... yeah don't bash other people's stuff, I hope this logo doesn't make the other creators feel bad, they all have their own style and idea
Quote from Pabs(Sco) :I personally do not like logo2, 6 OLFS in 6 boxes is not something I would like on a t-shirt, mug, mousepad etc.....

It is very well done and credit to the creator, logo1 works best, imo, for any item its plain and simple and cheap to manufacture too :P

Sure logo 2 is good for the web but I think thats it.

well i'm not tweak but for me it was 6 design/color combinations as a suggestion - i do not see the 6 as one complete logo but as 6 different versions of tweaks logo idea - different backgrounds, some with text underneath the letters, some without, so it's actually not logo 2 - it's 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 until 2.6 here

@tweak

correct me if i'm wrong here
Quote from DasKlee :...so it's actually not logo 2 - it's 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 until 2.6

This is how I see it too...
Number 2 for sure! Great job with that!
Ah ok in that looking at it as 6 different logos then it looks good
I voted for Logo 1. My assumption is that it would be augmented by some coulouring, e.g. in shiny metallic rendering ;-)

Solar Hydro
Quote from DasKlee :well i'm not tweak but for me it was 6 design/color combinations as a suggestion - i do not see the 6 as one complete logo but as 6 different versions of tweaks logo idea - different backgrounds, some with text underneath the letters, some without, so it's actually not logo 2 - it's 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 until 2.6 here

@tweak

correct me if i'm wrong here

Those are showing versions for different background colors.

Have a white(light) car skin?, that's what the logo would look like on it....
Have a black(dark) car skin?, white on dark is what it would look like...

Just showing the different variations, just in case. Because surely you would need to know how it looks with opposite colors.

Still though... I put two main versions in there, one without the strip, one with. I mean... the logo isn't final unless you want it to be, I made it very quick you know
go for Nr1 or Nr7!
One for me.
Logo one is the best in my opinion.
When do we know what logo is going to be used.
-caaant wait to make some OLFSL numberplates. :hyper:
First of all, I never even thought about putting these logos on a car skin.

Anyway.. as it seems logo number 2 won the poll (that's not a decision btw) we have to seriously consider it, but to be honest I don't see how an unfinished logo could be THE logo. Tweaker said he could make some changes, but haven't heard from him since.

The idea of this poll was to find a logo, that would be on OLFSL mugs, t-shirts etc. To be absolutely honest I wouldn't attach any of these logos on my car skin. So it was just a merchandise logo, but, in the end you all decide for yourself.

I was thinking of getting mugs with top 2 logos (or 3, I recall there was a tie), and see what becomes the biggest hit. In this case it's the amount of money that decides this, not the poll; I don't need 300 mugs I can't get rid of. But unfinished logos will not be printed on the mugs (or any products), so logo number 2 needs to be finished asap.

Then there's this other issue with the logo.. exclusive rights. I want to know Tweaker's terms and conditions before I agree to anything. And I want it in writing. I've been stabbed in the back enough, I trust no one when it comes to contracts or money.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :First of all, I never even thought about putting these logos on a car skin.

Anyway.. as it seems logo number 2 won the poll (that's not a decision btw) we have to seriously consider it, but to be honest I don't see how an unfinished logo could be THE logo. Tweaker said he could make some changes, but haven't heard from him since.

The idea of this poll was to find a logo, that would be on OLFSL mugs, t-shirts etc. To be absolutely honest I wouldn't attach any of these logos on my car skin. So it was just a merchandise logo, but, in the end you all decide for yourself.

I was thinking of getting mugs with top 2 logos (or 3, I recall there was a tie), and see what becomes the biggest hit. In this case it's the amount of money that decides this, not the poll; I don't need 300 mugs I can't get rid of. But unfinished logos will not be printed on the mugs (or any products), so logo number 2 needs to be finished asap.

Then there's this other issue with the logo.. exclusive rights. I want to know Tweaker's terms and conditions before I agree to anything. And I want it in writing. I've been stabbed in the back enough, I trust no one when it comes to contracts or money.

well his logo was a suggestion - not more and not less.. the general look of his suggestion seems to be appreciated by most of us here

now we just have to find out which of his 6 suggestions would suit the most of us

i'd go for the bottom left one (the one with the stripe underneath)

i understood tweak that he wanted to present more than just one ivariaton of the same overall look - and also wanted to how the look of his suggestion on different backgrounds. and he even offered to make changes if they are wanted
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Tweaker said he could make some changes, but haven't heard from him since.

Because I haven't heard from you guys what you feel might need to be changed

Quote from DasKlee :i understood tweak that he wanted to present more than just one ivariaton of the same overall look - and also wanted to how the look of his suggestion on different backgrounds. and he even offered to make changes if they are wanted

Yup,

I can make changes to it... but like I said, if you feel it looks final, it can be, and I can supply some source files. The ONLY reason I said it wasn't final was because of the small Arial font (I think I used Arial) down below -- spelling "The Original LFS League". It looks rather simple to me, and that is all that I would change.... a quick edit, and it wouldn't change the overall look, just the small text.
Quote from Tweaker :Because I haven't heard from you guys what you feel might need to be changed

I thought we were supposed to have a meeting or something and make the changes as a group. But I heard nothing from you after that.

Quote from Tweaker : It looks rather simple to me, and that is all that I would change.... a quick edit, and it wouldn't change the overall look, just the small text.

Then do that, write down your terms and send them to me, then we'll talk.
mrsfiendi@pp.inet.fi

Vote for OLFSL Logo
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG