The online racing simulator
a few more suggestions from me, if possible:

spring preload independent of ride height.
(helper springs would be nice but I don't imagine that's possible right now.)

bump rubber length and or stiffness

offset upright lengths or independent upright heights for top/bottom.

trailing arm front suspension.

option for even laggier turbochargers

bump steer could potentially be added as a degrees per meter of suspension travel.

ackermann curve (ackerman curve could be calculated then run as a non linear curve based on a 0-1 slider)

cars with adjustable trail

thanks!
Quote from superlame :Edit: Or another way making the arrow accurate to the 3D Dashboard / PNG numbers

After the calibration, we should be able to Remove the s_clock numbers, so only the arrow will be left.

By doing this, we could have more precise arrow, because right now on some mods with 3D Dashboard, the arrow is pretty thiccccccc Tongue This is because we have to stretch the S_clock mapping a lot, to hide the S_CLOCK numbers, so only the arrow will be left visible.

Example is Flame CZE's "Valuta V8"

Quote from Buksikutya77 :The more customizability we can get the better. Also it would be nice to extend the speedo with a slider by percentage or something. So if my car has a top speed of 180km/h I can set the speedo to scale to 200 even tho it can't reach it. Or it changes by final gear ratio.

Quote from Gabey1 :Would be cool if we had a check engine light option in clocks, it would turn on when engine damage occurs

These are now done, along with some style options, in Editor D34 / LFS Test Patch D26.
Editor: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102626
Is drag in the editor SCd (Surface x Drag Coefficient)? In this case it makes to have six for huge véhicules.
Low fuel indicator light would be useful.

Edit: also an option to condense low numbers on rpm gauge. Im not aware if any cars use that but its more of a thing on high reving bikes. Examples below.
Attached images
efe3b76d-5f8b-47a5-8f29-6f8357829ff0.jpg
IMG_0343.jpg
Quote from Buksikutya77 :I hope to see s_clock with transparent background so it can be used as overlay, would help to make new custom gauge clusters which is something my current WIP mod would greatly appreciate

Quote from Evolution_R :Transparent s_clock would be great, thank you Scawen. Smile

@Buksikutya77, it is gonna be a nice mod, I'm playing it right now in BeamNG. Smile

I've done something different today. The black or white background can now be replaced by a texture supplied by the mod creator.

Maybe this approach removes the need for s_clock_alp type of textures?

More info: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2049612#post2049612
Yes, this approach doesn't require s_clock_alp, except for some extreme customization cases, which I can't think of at the moment. So probably this will be enough.

I have another question / suggestion.

Since we are close to official release and if doesn't require a lot of work (I really have no idea):
Can we have a rev bouncer / limiter (a hard-cut limiter)?
Thanks.
On a second thought... this might be connected to the new physics... so. Shrug

EDIT: Actually s_clock_alp will allow adding such buttons more easily:

How I added the custom brake text:
1st layer - red color cutout from handbrake default symbol (s_clock)
2nd layer - transparent text (ETK_ALP.png)
3rd layer - transparent glass to increase the brightness so it can match the whole gauge (ETK_ALP.png)

Or if there will be implemented another way of customizing the default gauge symbols?
Attached images
Capture.JPG
2 dashboard things.
Sometimes in real cars, digital gauges are used along with analog ones. Therefore, I would like to propose the use of both digital formula texture and analog conventional texture at the same time, that we can use two textures at once. This is especially common on tuned cars.

And I would like a separate tacho from the LED light in formula clock texture. Not an replacement for tachometer LCD. Because it also can exists as separate lights on the steering wheels along with the dashboard for example.
A suggestion for the [Textures] tab - a slider to optimize the used space, since it's covering LOAD / SAVE buttons at the bottom.

EDIT: When the text size is big and/or there are many textures used.
Attached images
2023-06-24 23_20_53-Greenshot.jpg
Animation editor suggestion:

-ability to copy and paste XYZ of selected bone each individually

-Mirror Selected bones position to other hand with flipping value (same as regular points) this helps building animation faster, aside from auto copy and flip.. This way we only make one hand animation and its the same on the other

-Lock position on selected frame (current lock never worked for me).. Fully lock selected bone's position.

Editor suggestion :

-Choose field of View (FOV) for driver's eye view
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :Animation editor suggestion:

Editor suggestion :

-Choose field of View (FOV) for driver's eye view

Have you tried the yellowish button with black "•", which is the last in the list of P,f,b,r,l,t,u buttons?
I agree that should be in the incompatible update. My current plan is to add a few incompatible changes for the official version, which will benefit from being incompatible due to a new InSim feature that can set individual players' handicaps. Most features are already coded and shouldn't need much testing. We don't want a long period when test patches are incompatible, it's not worth it at the moment. But such simple updates are worth including.

I already had on my list to increase F1 max engine size to 5L as I read one of the early F1 limits was 4.5L. I guess bike could go up to 3L and I'm not sure about "formula" - maybe 8L like the GT class?
Scawen, if you going to touch engines, could you add crossplane option for inline 4 engine? If it's not too hard Smile
Quote from superlame :Have you tried the yellowish button with black "•", which is the last in the list of P,f,b,r,l,t,u buttons?

There goes a button i didn't notice.. Lol thanks

suggestion for engine editor
ability to type in values for HP and Torque at specific RPM without having to drag sliders around
suggestion for aerodynamics tab :
- ability to see body drag values in Drag coefficient (Cd), Frontal area A, Drag area (CdA).
or a quick converter tool in this editor tab as i believe that will help modders a lot when trying to achieve the correct drag forces for a car base on real life.
I'm back to this thread, just to add suggestions that might wild but I think useful

I do wish, LFSE could had capabilities to have different engines on 1 mod, i.e. I wanted XRT to have 2JZ inline 6 turbo, but I also want it to have LS3 V8 NA, without having separated mod, can be selected via config

I dont want to compare it to another sim, but most likely Assetto Corsa are best Examples, i.e. they have car called Lotus Exige, with same car but different config called "S1", which improved suspension and engine versio of stock
Some suggestions from my car development thread explained here:-

- Definable upright geometry (eg. lower length & upper length)
- Roll centre heights displayed on the suspension diagram
- Full 3D positioning of inner wishbone pivot points
- Oval / round selectable per tube
- Material selection for suspension tubes and eventually texturing
- Definable points that move with the upright in special draw (not just the default three)

And here:-

- A bigger range of movement for the disc offset
Quote from RE Amemiya :More and more I find that having the spindle offset forward or backwards to adjust the trail independently of the caster is a missing essential piece to accurately replicate many real life car suspension geometry. I see you do have the option on the motorcycle forks, but we could definitely use it on the cars as well.

As I'm on an incompatible update and this was simple to do (enabling existing code for bikes to work on cars) I've done that. But it currently only works as positive "Trail reduction" which means moving the wheel forward. This is always the case on bikes because of the relatively high caster that would produce too much trail.

You said "forward or backwards" so I want to check if it's definitely needed to be able to move the centre of the wheel backwards, behind the steering axis (i.e. negative trail reduction, with the result of increasing the trail without increasing the caster angle).

---

Other people: thank you all for the suggestions. I'll be checking the thread again before the release to make sure I do some of the things that can be done without taking too much time.

By the way, the release I am talking about is the 0.7E version still using the same old LFS physics and graphics system and with some improved mod support, mentioned here.
Now when We have the engine damage light would it be a bad idea to add no rev limit engines? So they are getting damage on reving them to far ? Like the older carburator cars? /LUNQAN
I don't know if already enable but maybe cuting a edge? Or slice tris (or a pizza's part ^^)
When adding both LFS and LFS Editor to the taskbar, you have to figure out which one is which, because they share the same icon. I know you can make a shortcut and change its icon, and then pin it to the taskbar, but shouldn't the editor have its own icon? Maybe the same icon, but with "editor" text at the bottom?

Way easier to figure out which is which, when the icons are different.
Attached images
taskbar-icons.png
taskbar-icons2.png
A bit unnecessary post, but I forgot to upload the icon in case anyone else needs it to be different. It's quite useful for me and I thought I could share my 1 minute invention.

In order to change the icon (in Windows), you'll have to download the zip file and extract the icon from the archive. Then create a shortcut of LFS Editor.exe and do this -> Right-click LFS Editor Shortcut.exe -> choose Properties -> choose Change Icon and browse to the .ICO file.

I also attached to this post the original+edited PNG files of the icon. In case someone wants to make their own custom icon. You'll just have to edit the PNG image and convert it to .ICO file.

Note: Right before posting this, I remembered that by posting these images, I might violate the icon author's license rights, I'm not aware of any licenses for this image and I found it randomly on the internet. If moderators decide that I violated something by editing this icon, I apologize and have no hard feelings, if you decide to delete this post.

And yes, this is not the actual LFS icon, because I could not find the original anywhere and didn't bother to extract it from LFS.exe, which would take me a lot more time than I had. But I could do the same to the original icon, if I get my hands on it, without downloading any additional icon extraction software.
Attached images
LFS-EDITOR-PSD.png
LFS-EDITOR-LARGER.png
Attached files
LFS-EDITOR-ICON.rar - 86.4 KB - 71 views
Bike suggestion: It would be great if the steering animation of the rider was based on the controller input (lean) rather than the turn of the steering wheel/front tyre. I know the current setup suits cars, but switching it for bikes would allow for a much more realistic rider position during cornering. Currently I set the rider position based on very small movements of the front tyre which makes cornering more realistic, but this in turn makes braking more difficult (the rider position changes a lot). Hope this can be changed
As an old rider, I am interested in making the bike riding a lot better. At the moment the rider animation doesn't affect weight distribution in any way, it's purely aesthetic.

It's a complicated project to be done at some point but I'd like the rider to be able to sit up for braking, get down for high speeds, move sideways for race style cornering. And also move hands with the bars correctly even when the body is in a different position. Combining animations (or some kind of physical arm and body system) is not an easy task but is something I am interested in, as some people might know from the creatures in Lionhead's original Black & White. Smile

It's not a task I can take on in the near future because it's really big and of course it's massively more important to get the new physics and graphics update released.

Vehicle Editor Suggestions (excluding modeller)
(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG