The online racing simulator
Hi Rob

Is it possible to turn off the strobe when you are a cop?

I mean is it possible to activate the "Aid Cop" function without the "Strobes & Siren" function?
because I use another program for that..
But I'm interested in having the speed, direction and brake warning of suspect functionality!
Quote from LOXISLOXIS :Hi Rob

Is it possible to turn off the strobe when you are a cop?

I mean is it possible to activate the "Aid Cop" function without the "Strobes & Siren" function?
because I use another program for that..
But I'm interested in having the speed, direction and brake warning of suspect functionality!

If you click on the siren / strobe button with your Mouse, the siren can be turned on/Off manually.

I don't think, i implemented any kind of Differentiation between the siren and the other cop functionality.

I will Note it though, and maybe implemented it with the next Update

Does that Help you?
Quote from Rob2003 :If you click on the siren / strobe button with your Mouse, the siren can be turned on/Off manually.

I don't think, i implemented any kind of Differentiation between the siren and the other cop functionality.

I will Note it though, and maybe implemented it with the next Update

Does that Help you?

Yes thank you very much rob

but the problem is that if I deactivate the two items, the movement and warning values no longer come out
more than anything else I would not want them to start automatically when I go in pursuit

that's all! Smile
Quote from LOXISLOXIS :Yes thank you very much rob

but the problem is that if I deactivate the two items, the movement and warning values no longer come out
more than anything else I would not want them to start automatically when I go in pursuit

that's all! Smile

Alright, i cant promise you when the next Update will be releases, But i'll definitily include it
Hey Rob

One annoying thing I noticed is that when you reach the maximum turn of the speed hands the car turns itself off even if I change first and then touch the red cleat!

I missed some chases for this thing.
Quote from LOXISLOXIS :Hey Rob

One annoying thing I noticed is that when you reach the maximum turn of the speed hands the car turns itself off even if I change first and then touch the red cleat!

I missed some chases for this thing.

Well... Thats with fz5, right? I noticed that on my Laptop too - it should be a Rev bouncer, But For some reason it on some PC Just Turns Off the engine...

I will fix it with the next Update. Sorry For the Inconvenience haha Smile
Perfect thank you very much Smile
I don't remember if I have asked about this, so I am going to ask again Big grin.

Is it possible to make the PDC like in real life? To beep if you are getting close to concrete or wall or fence.. you get the point.

If yes, do you plan to make it like that?

Thanks.
Quote from superlame :I don't remember if I have asked about this, so I am going to ask again Big grin.

Is it possible to make the PDC like in real life? To beep if you are getting close to concrete or wall or fence.. you get the point.

If yes, do you plan to make it like that?

Thanks.

Hey, well yeah, i get the point. And I've thought about that many times.
Here's the deal: I plan on doing that, but no very soon:

The problem is that insim doesn't provide track data. That would mean I would need to basically scan all tracks - and load the layouts (which is possible with insim tho) - just to get a pdc for all objects. And to scan the entire track would be a lot of work, since I've already started to do that shit for the lane departure warning haha.

So yeah, that's the biggest issue there, but at some point, I'd like to do that, yes. I am pretty under water with my "normal" work right now though. I hope i can release a beta of the new head up display with images this months, thats my priority now.
I've just finished the new beta. I'll upload it now, hopefully, everything will work just fine, but if there are bugs, please let me know.

I've fixed these suggestions from you guys.

- Auto-indicators and Auto-Sirens can be turned off separately.
- HUD now includes images for the forward collision warning.
- Rev-bouncer is gone, caused too many issues.

AS THIS IS A BETA, these things are not final yet, but will be fixed as soon as possible:

- Auto-indicator and auto-siren settings are not saved after closing the program yet, you'll have to disable these after startup if you want to.

- The HUD images may have a few black pixels right next to the cars, that's due to how I made them transparent on top of lfs, ill try to make that look a little better.

- The HUD images work only with a 1920x1080 screen yet, otherwise, they are not in the correct position.

- The console prints "^2" or "^1"... a lot... that'll be gone soon.

Feedback is always appreciated as usual. I'll upload it now, it'll probably be available within the next hour.

NOTE: Remember to copy your controls and settings file from the old version to keep your settings.
Hey guys. As I want all users of the PACT Driving Assistant involved as much as possible in the development process, I would like to tell you my current plan: As the new graphics, maps and physics update seems to be getting a little closer (lets hope in a year or so), i will not add an infinite amount of new features to the current version, as that would require me to scan current tracks etc, and if they change in the next time, that would be more or less wasted time.

I will start fixing all bugs, rewriting parts of the program and making it look nicer so that, when the new version comes out within a month or so, a big update for the PACT Driving Assistant can be expected as well.

In the meantime, i will still be here to fix bugs in the current version, so if you find something, or have suggestions for the big update, let me know Wink.

Have a nice week
Rob
Hi, when i again tried to run PACT, this time the 11.9 beta, this happens...
Any help? (Using Windows 10)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "asyncore.py", line 83, in read
File "asyncore.py", line 420, in handle_read_event
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 328, in handle_read
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 535, in _handle_tcp_read
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 566, in _handle_insim_packet
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 566, in <listcomp>
File "PACT_Driving_Assist.py", line 688, in get_car_data
File "PACT_Driving_Assist.py", line 1348, in start_park_assistance
File "park_assist.py", line 113, in makesound
RuntimeError: Failed to beep

Quote from Menticek :Hi, when i again tried to run PACT, this time the 11.9 beta, this happens...
Any help? (Using Windows 10)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "asyncore.py", line 83, in read
File "asyncore.py", line 420, in handle_read_event
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 328, in handle_read
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 535, in _handle_tcp_read
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 566, in _handle_insim_packet
File "pyinsim\core.py", line 566, in <listcomp>
File "PACT_Driving_Assist.py", line 688, in get_car_data
File "PACT_Driving_Assist.py", line 1348, in start_park_assistance
File "park_assist.py", line 113, in makesound
RuntimeError: Failed to beep

Hey there,
Well that is weird. It uses a built-in windows function to beep for the park distance control and that seems to not work. I suppose it crashed when you were slow and close to someone else? Maybe just disable the PDC in the settings Wink.
Not sure where the issue lies there.

Hope that helps Smile
I'll try, else i will edit this message to tell you Smile
Hello Guys,

in the past few days, I've started to clean up the code a bit and to make "beta features" work properly. The proper automatic gearbox (previously only fz5, now also works for a few other cars, including a few mods.) I'll continue working on it.

The emergency braking distance is now adjusted to a few mods. Many bugs have been fixed and there are many more options in the settings now so that you can turn on / off whatever you like to use.

You can now adjust your screen resolution, so that the "Image HUD", which is actually displaying images, not LFS buttons, can now be adjusted to be exactly above the "normal HUD", even with other screen resolutions than 1920x1080. Also, you can turn that on/off if you don't like it.

There is a stability control again, though that doesn't work perfectly yet.

Indicator sounds are also back. And the collision warning sounds can be changed in the menu, as of now, there are five sounds available, you should find something you like.

I hope, I will be able to finish what I am working on right now within two weeks, so there should be a stable version with all the current features - and even more Wink out soon.

Feel free to suggest anything that should be included in the update.
Quote from Rob2003 :Hello Guys,

in the past few days, I've started to clean up the code a bit and to make "beta features" work properly. The proper automatic gearbox (previously only fz5, now also works for a few other cars, including a few mods.) I'll continue working on it.

The emergency braking distance is now adjusted to a few mods. Many bugs have been fixed and there are many more options in the settings now so that you can turn on / off whatever you like to use.

Is my BUMER 7 in that list of "few mods"? Big grin
Quote from superlame :Is my BUMER 7 in that list of "few mods"? Big grin

Yes, it is. It is not implemented yet, but it is the next car on my list.

Smile
My goal is to support all allowed mods on TC.
Quote from Rob2003 :Yes, it is. It is not implemented yet, but it is the next car on my list. Smile

And when does the ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control ) come? E38 has this feature too Tongue
Quote from superlame :And when does the ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control ) come? E38 has this feature too Tongue

Probably one of the next features. I want to make the program a bit more stable first and maybe make the PDC more accurate for mods. Then I'll start working on that, probably first only for wheel users, as that is a lot simpler with following another cars speed.
But it will be there eventually, can't tell an exact date though.
Quote from Rob2003 :

Feel free to suggest anything that should be included in the update.

Mentioning PDC - Will it be possible the PDC to beep when we are close to an layout object? If I remember correctly, the current method of the Lane assist is made by manually written by you coordinates or something, so it won't work in the case of PDC with layout objects. Maybe if we put the .lyt file in some type of folder or drag it to the .exe so it can read it?
Quote from superlame :Mentioning PDC - Will it be possible the PDC to beep when we are close to an layout object? If I remember correctly, the current method of the Lane assist is made by manually written by you coordinates or something, so it won't work in the case of PDC with layout objects. Maybe if we put the .lyt file in some type of folder or drag it to the .exe so it can read it?

Yes that's definitely possible. But not with the layout file, but insim offers a way to get all autocross objects. I've tried it before but then stopped, because I got so many errors, i just didn't feel like continuing. but yeah it should be possible and I'll look into it, probably not with this update though.
Hello Rob Smile
Are you going to make mouse steering + keyboard throttle and brake support?
Quote from Cetink. :Hello Rob Smile
Are you going to make mouse steering + keyboard throttle and brake support?

Hey. Well you mean that in the settings you have "mouse" selected, but you use keyboard buttons to brake and accelerate right?

I didn't think of that possiblity yet haha. Sure it will be part of the next update.
Probably before next week. I try my best haha.
Quote from Rob2003 :Hey. Well you mean that in the settings you have "mouse" selected, but you use keyboard buttons to brake and accelerate right?

I didn't think of that possiblity yet haha. Sure it will be part of the next update.
Probably before next week. I try my best haha.

Yeah, i meant that! Thanks! Smile
New Stable Version
Hello Everyone,

it's been too long since there has been a stable version: So here it is!

There are many improvements, one very obvious one being the simpler file structure. You now only have one file and not the huge folder from before for the program itself.

There is still stuff that need to be addressed, but I think this version is ready to be released to the public.

IMPORTANT: THERE ARE NEW SETTINGS. YOU CANNOT OVERRIDE THE NEW SETTINGS FILE WITH YOUR OLD SETTINGS. PLEASE CHANGE THE NEW SETTINGS MANUALLY TO MATCH YOUR OLD ONES!

If something doesn't work, or if you notice a bug, please tell me here Wink!

Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Byr4onJvHW1MP7zCei0HUgOUG9t5R_Dl?usp=sharing

A known issue with the gearbox is that you have to re-activate it if you change your car :/.

PS.: I know, I said this update will contain the new mouse/keyboard logic, but I didn't make it. Though I felt like I can publish the rest of the update already. I'll update that in the next few days, so dont worry, I didn't forget about it.

Changelogs (according to my commit messages, It's probably even more haha):
- New PSC (Pact Stability Control, not working perfectly yet)

- Added car specific assistance (gearbox, braking distance, PSC (not for all))
Bumer 7
N.400s
Faik Topo
Luxury Sedan
Karobus
UF Pickup Truck
some other specific assistances for other cars

- New settings for the Image-HUD
- New, better gearbox logic
- New warnings sounds
- New menu options that are stored in settings.txt
- Bugfixes