The online racing simulator
Launch control
(66 posts, started )
Quote from Klichka :Launch Control would kind of be cheating. I do however think that Traction Control (Or wheel spin reduction) and ABS would be good things to add. Just make them a little overbearing if it gives too much of an advantage. (Not to the point of gimping rookies, just to the point that you are basically going to get around faster with the stuff off.)

don't we have them already - called "throttle help" and "brake help" ?
i dont know whats the point for that.
yesterday i tried for fun to drive with a joystick (for planesimulation) kinda crappy to drive lol, but for me as mouse driver it was a good example how it is to acclerate with joypad / pedals. and i have to say , the FO8 feels like the XFG lol.
and for the guys who r driving with keyboard and / or mouse , just hit a higher gear on start and all is fine.
so i think a launch control would be stupid and useless. dont forget its a simulation
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you mean a third party add on - yes possible, although I dont think it would be very good as we cant control which wheel to brake.

patch z10 has abs which can brake any wheel. if they could do that why cant you use it to drive off?
Quote from huze5 :patch z10 has abs which can brake any wheel. if they could do that why cant you use it to drive off?

Congrats on 4 year bump.

Patch Z10 wasn't available in 2005th year.
Quote from Shadowww :Congrats on 4 year bump.

Patch Z10 wasn't available in 2005th year.

atleast he used the search button:ices_rofl
Yeah, that was a massive bump !

IMHO, driving aids should not be allowed online. (except for inputs aids in the control panel, since some devices need to have a proper input refinement before being entirely driveable). It is nothing against beginners, it is just that you'd better be thrown in the seat of a hard-to-drive car and learn how to drive it, than going slowly with aids, and having to learn it all over again.
The thing that sux about this forum is if you bump something old you get flamed! But if you start a new thread you get flamed! bloody flame flame flame
Quote from nismoCat :The thing that sux about this forum is if you bump something old you get flamed! But if you start a new thread you get flamed! bloody flame flame flame

Depends how you bump. If you bump to answer a 4 year old question, it's pretty much pointless. Specially in this case.

Now on topic, I don't see why you'd need Launch Control in LFS... In most cars just flooring it is the fastest way lol.
unlike the others i am going to congratulate you for bumping a 4 year old thread race on
Then let me bump a 1 month old thread with a big "+1" to the original idea..

It wont make u faster and it cant be counted as a cheat, as all it does is make u stay at a certain rpm at the start, or whenever u want it to.. how can it make u faster? if u spin the wheels at the start cause ur flooring it, wouldnt u spin them at 4k also?

just so stupid, if someone wants a Launch Control, let them have it. I think it would be a fun thing to play around with.. just like that RPM Limiter thingie someone did.. just a fun thing ffs..
Not sure on exactly how people interpret Launch Control.

On my car it works like this:

Throttle position sensor set to 30%
Set at 4100rpm
Road speed sensor set to 15kph.

Basically if I am doing under 15 kph and hold the accelerator more then 30% LC is engaged.

It doesnt just hold the RPM, it enriches fuel mixture and retards timing which means the car builds boost.

I can sit on the spot and make 12psi with no load what so ever on the engine. When I let the clutch go I am already on boost as opposed to a standard car running in vacuum.

If its done accurately I think this could be a really good addition to LFS - but you would need the TPS, RSS and RPM values to be tweakable.
What the hell was I thinking four years ago, when I made this thread.
Quote from Bosse :Havent you crashed beacause of some other spin around in the start? And maybe the race wont be restarted. Then maybe you would like the launch control?

Haven't you had someone crash into you into a corner or under braking? Get rid of all corners and braking zones!
:'(
-
(Danilfas) DELETED by Danilfas

Launch control
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG