The online racing simulator
LFS TRR. Championship 2020 Information

Introducing the LFS TRR. Championship 2020!

With a prize-pool of 400€ (so far)!!!

This championship does not just aim on individual drivers, but highly recommends shaping teams for the team championship as well!

Our championship will be run (nearly) every tuesday evening, starting around 21:00 Dutch/German Timezone with a qualification followed by 2 sprint races.

Everyone is welcome to join, but clean and gentleman driving skills are a must. Possible disqualifications or exclusions from events or the entire championship may be given to any driver or an entire team, if the stewards and/or admin team find that the right solution. Penalties/disqualifications/etc. can NOT be protested once handed out!

THE RULEBOOK:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/94617-OFFICIAL-RULE-BOOK-for-2020-season

The best 2 team-driver results per race count towards the Team Championship. If any team has more drivers in the race(s) the other drivers their results will be ignored for that specific race for the Team Championship, but will still count towards the Drivers Championship.

--------------------------------------------------------
The prize-pool, for now, is divided into this (subject to change):
Drivers Champion = 100€
2nd in Drivers Championship = 75€
3rd in Drivers Championship 50€
Team Champion = 100€ to the team organisation
2nd in Team Championship = 50€ to the team organisation
3rd in the Team Championship = 25€ to the team organisation

The Calender
The calender for what is already known, can be found here:
https://www.lfs.net/leagues/524-LFS-TRR--Championship

Before signing up via this link: https://forms.gle/ZDEP6Z2DSDNhvJrQA
Be sure to check the current signed up drivers, so you don't select a taken car number: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1npfoJBhguG1Vd1A3EQYW2rEPb9fwwYx8gjW2_arMfUE/edit?usp=sharing

RESULTS AND REPLAYS
Race results will be made with a Google Spreadsheet and any race or qualification replay will be able to be downloaded from this Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nYh25YHi5LZtKcdERRb7m7tRfAmh5Zas

Discussion and other series related information can be found on our discord page
https://discord.gg/wAskD9h

That's all for now, looking forward to see the sign-ups stream in, let's have a great racing year in 2020!
#LFSRevive2020

TRR. Racing founder
Walter "cholover7" Lemmens
Quote from rockclan :The best 5-team-driver results per race count towards the Team Championship.

5? That's a lot. That's going to bias the team championship in favour of large teams.
Quote from mbutcher :5? That's a lot. That's going to bias the team championship in favour of large teams.

I agree with you, depending on how the sign-ups go, I think I should lower it to 3. Does that sound about right? Smile

Edit:
Note one of the official rules already written down, yet not published is as follows:

The top 5 drivers per team score points towards the Team Championship, if however more then 5 drivers of the same team score points, those positions will be ignored for the Team Championship, and the next drivers from teams would score points for the next positions instead, but earn their normal driver points (if any).

Quote :Example: TRR finishes with 10 drivers in the top 10 (points go for top 10) [TC] Racing finishes with 3 drivers, 11th, 12th and 14th. Master Race car finishes with a driver in 13th and WCL finishes with a driver in 15th, the top 5 drivers reward TRR with points. The drivers finishing 6th-10th get rewarded those points for the Drivers Championship only.

The drivers finishing from [TC] Racing earn the Team points for 6th, 7th and 9th, MRc with 8th and WCL with 10th

Quote from rockclan :I agree with you, depending on how the sign-ups go, I think I should lower it to 3. Does that sound about right? Smile

2 is reasonable, 3 is still quite high I think. 2 will be more of a guarantee of a close team championship, especially if you're planning on running this for a lot of rounds, which it looks like you are.
Quote from mbutcher :2 is reasonable, 3 is still quite high I think. 2 will be more of a guarantee of a close team championship, especially if you're planning on running this for a lot of rounds, which it looks like you are.

Note one of the official rules already written down, yet not published is as follows:

The top 5 drivers per team score points towards the Team Championship, if however more then 5 drivers of the same team score points, those positions will be ignored for the Team Championship, and the next drivers from teams would score points for the next positions instead, but earn their normal driver points (if any).

Quote :Example: TRR finishes with 10 drivers in the top 10 (points go for top 10) [TC] Racing finishes with 3 drivers, 11th, 12th and 14th. Master Race car finishes with a driver in 13th and WCL finishes with a driver in 15th, the top 5 drivers reward TRR with points. The drivers finishing 6th-10th get rewarded those points for the Drivers Championship only.

The drivers finishing from [TC] Racing earn the Team points for 6th, 7th and 9th, MRc with 8th and WCL with 10th

This would count the same with 3 drivers of course.
I understand the premise, it's already clear from what's written in the OP. Just my opinion that 3 is possibly still too high, but better than 5.
Quote from mbutcher :I understand the premise, it's already clear from what's written in the OP. Just my opinion that 3 is possibly still too high, but better than 5.

And again I agree with you Smile

Especially your concern about it being a long series, which it will be, the entire year of 2020, indeed makes it more fair to limit team points to 2 drivers per team/race.

I will work on this as I am currently making the rulebook.

Thanks for your advice/opinion, it is valued.
Why so many races? Why not every second week?
Quote from Bilcrossfoto :Why so many races? Why not every second week?

Well I guess cause that is how we ran it in 2019 in-team, and it worked fine.
Updated the prize-pool to also reward top 3 of teams:

The prize-pool, for now, is divided into this (subject to change):
Drivers Champion = 100€
2nd in Drivers Championship = 75€
3rd in Drivers Championship 50€
Team Champion = 100€ to the team organisation
2nd in Team Championship = 50€ to the team organisation
3rd in the Team Championship = 25€ to the team organisation
I'm risking to sound like a pig willing to make a revolution in the barn,still - is fully reversed grid for 2nd race a good idea? Especially in grid of this size with skill level difference this big while having race of a sprint race distance. Some got lucky and scored good positions,some not and finished in low position or even were forced to retire. Might be fun for for crashthursty spectators,but championships should be about having skill and not lucky. Imagine the mess in FO8@SO4. Just saying...
Also - I saw statement that server/grid is full and some could not join,yet there were only 37 qualifyers (did not count how many were on grid. Somewhat unfair if some join and then just sleep through whole event.
The reversed grid is perfect! It's just up to us drivers to behave. We know it will be hard to overtake. Then don't crash into someone. It's easy! Keep reversed grid!
Quote from Bilcrossfoto :The reversed grid is perfect! It's just up to us drivers to behave. We know it will be hard to overtake. Then don't crash into someone. It's easy! Keep reversed grid!

Thank you. Saved me time from typing the same.
typo
Reversed grid is, on its own, fun. I just suggest changing the scoring for race 2 (half the points would be awarded, for example). It would encourage drivers to practice and get great results on qualifying (which is an important part of racing events). Just my two cents Smile
Congratulations to all drivers for finishing the season, Drivers and Teams received the money. Special thanks for stewards, for all the work,Simbroadcasts.tv for good streaming, NDR Jonathan Palmer and Jonathan Provost for their help with Championship,and for all drivers and teams for taking part on it.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG