The online racing simulator
CVT transmission [checking interest]
Hey,
There's something I have been working on, however, I have not yet decided whether I want to make it into a usable modification - I want to know whether anyone would be interested in such mod,
or not.

What I have made is a transmission modification that simulates a CVT, in 2 modes: economical, where RPM is limited to efficiency sweet-spot, around 3k RPM for various cars - perfect for cruising, and sport, where RPM is held at maximum power if you floor the throttle. Those modes can be switched with a hotkey.

Here's a video that quickly demonstrates how it works: https://streamable.com/do6e5

So, any interest in something like this? :Р
#2 - BeNoM
Grr I'm dumb
Fixed, thanks :ь
Looks good. There are a few questions in my head:

1º- Will it burn your clutch when using automatic transmission/automatic clutch? Specially in efficiency mode ~3k RPM (in my case I use sequential+manual clutch)

2º- Will it be safe to use it online? I think this question will be a FAQ.

Im interested on it tbh. There was a "mod" like this time ago( https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/55636-Automatic-Transmission-Simulator-(v5-6b) ) but it isn't CVT iirc and didn't get updated anymore afaik.
1) the clutch in it's traditional sense is gone - ie, it is permanently engaged. Therefore, there is no wear to it whatsoever.

2) I'm afraid not in the current state - a lot of memory editing happens to implement it in a way I did it, which will likely trigger a CPW ban.
cvt or any kind of STALL converter sim would be a huge step!
Was thinking about it earlier and thought to search on this in LFS. You made a pretty good implementation of a CVT as seen from your demo. Are you intending to release this in the future?

One improvement I can think of is truly infinite gear ratios so it can work at any RPM. Keep this work going!
#8 - 1117
Hi, I am bery interested in this, been finding the way how to implement cvt in lfs for a long time.

Do you mind share with me how you do this?
This would be interesting!
Definitely interested
-
(scania) DELETED by Scawen : pirate content
-
(KeiichiRX7) DELETED by Scawen : replies to a post that is now deleted
-
(Bob Smith) DELETED by Scawen : replies to a post that is now deleted
-
(ImudilaSkyline) DELETED by Scawen : replies to a post that is now deleted
-
(Bob Smith) DELETED by Scawen : replies to a post that is now deleted