The online racing simulator
CITYLIGA 24
(25 posts, started )
CITYLIGA 24

All good things come to and end eventually, that's no different for CITYLIGA. For the 24th and last time in Live for Speed S2, CL will start into a new season, again with the usual ten rounds. A mixture of classic combos as well as a few awkward ones will make up the calendar for the season, which along with mandatory pit stops, various qualifying modes and other variables will ensure that versatility will be the name of the game yet again.

Not much has changed in terms of rules compared to last season, however, because to the lack of personell some minor alterations have been made: Due to the somewhat low number of starters during CL23 we have removed the minimum lap time requirement for merged grids. On top of that we've also removed steward nominations as well as vote for those nominated, since both had become irrelevant over the last few seasons. Protests will now be reviewed by the series admins instead. Now though, it's time that we explain why we're ending things here and now.

During the christmas break we came to the conclusion that CITYLIGA shouldn't continue until the bitter end when we might reach a point at which we'd have to close it due to a lack of drivers. We agreed that the best thing would be to end it on a positive note, while participation was still at a decent level. That way, the series would be able to come to its conclusion with a certain level of dignity. Afterall it's better to put things behind you and to keep the good memories, instead of continuing just for the sake of it.

Perhaps, a few people will find the motivation to participate in the farewell tour that this season will be. Obviously it goes without saying that everyone will be welcome, no matter if it's your first season or your 21st season! We're happy about every driver who decides to race with us! Below you can see the season schedule. For further schedule details, as well as rules and sign-ups, please visit our website.

Grid-Qualifying
Grid-Quali A : FBM at AS7
Grid-Quali B : FXO (3% + 10kg) and XRT at BL1
When : From 31/01/2017 at 00:00 CET to 10/02/2017 at 23:59 CET

Round 1
What : FBM
Where : Aston North (AS7)
When : 13/02/2017 at 20:00 CET

Round 2
What : FXO (3% + 10kg) and XRT
Where : Blackwood GP Track (BL1)
When : 27/02/2017 at 20:00 CET

Round 3
What : XRG
Where : Westhill National Reversed (WE1R)
When : 13/03/2017 at 20:00 CET

Round 4
What : FOX
Where : South City Classic (SO1)
When : 27/03/2017 at 20:00 CEST

Round 5
What : RAC
Where : Kyoto Ring National (KY2)
When : 10/04/2017 at 20:00 CEST

Round 6
What : FXR (32%)
Where : Rockingham ISSC Long (RO4)
When : 24/04/2017 at 20:00 CEST

Round 7
What : LX4
Where : Fern Bay Green Reversed (FE2R)
When : 08/05/2017 at 20:00 CEST

Round 8
What : UFR
Where : South City Chicane Route (SO6)
When : 22/05/2017 at 20:00 CEST

Round 9
What : FO8
Where : Westhill International (WE2)
When : 05/06/2017 at 20:00 CEST

Round 10
What : FXR (23%), FZR (20%) and XRR (24%)
Where : Kyoto Ring Grand Touring (KY3X_K32)
When : 19/06/2017 at 20:00 CEST

All information, like rules, sing-ups and the more details about the schedule can be found our website at www.cityliga.de.
#2 - troy
Guess I can't say no to this, I really hope we see some of the old regulars back for at least a couple of races. Smile

I'd like to say this now already: Thanks to the team for all these years of high quality organisation you've provided for us for free and in your spare time. I've always enjoyed the community you've created around the league and will certainly miss the TS banter during and after the races.
Sad to see CityLiga disappear Frown I'll be there!
From what I could see, Cityliga attendances were not that bad. Maybe the interest drop would be limited to some degree if you changed this and that, for example removing Grid 2 if there's less than 41 participants, or choosing another day of the week to race, instead of Monday. I know you want to keep your tradition and all, but I think it's worth to give some chances a go, especially since you seem convinced that it's the last one.
Quote from Ziomek21 :From what I could see, Cityliga attendances were not that bad. Maybe the interest drop would be limited to some degree if you changed this and that, for example removing Grid 2 if there's less than 41 participants, or choosing another day of the week to race, instead of Monday. I know you want to keep your tradition and all, but I think it's worth to give some chances a go, especially since you seem convinced that it's the last one.

I agree. I'd really like to participate, but my school timetables mean I could only attend races if they were held during weekends.
Best of luck for this last season.

I hope you can have a great season to have a happy ending.
Quote from Ziomek21 :for example removing Grid 2 if there's less than 41 participants

I agree on that! Less confusing for new players, less hassle with a race and more cars on track (which is awesome).
I have wanted to join this league and would now like to. However, the day of the week and time of day never works. I would like to see you move to Sundays, I would expect you would pick up a number of runners ;-)
Quote from MTnRunnr :I have wanted to join this league and would now like to. However, the day of the week and time of day never works. I would like to see you move to Sundays, I would expect you would pick up a number of runners ;-)

The season has already been announced and the day on which the races are held is unlikely to change at this stage. Sorry to disappoint you.
On sundays there have been practice races during the previous seasons. Basically you can drive the excat same races just without the championship standings.

For other events on sundays see: https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar
(eg AB league and currently AWS series)
This series has run on Mondays for ages, i don't see why they would ever plan for it to be moved.
Quote from k_badam :This series has run on Mondays for ages, i don't see why they would ever plan for it to be moved.

It was not my intention to lobby any idea, even though I've been unable to compete on Mondays for a few years running now, and I'm not alone here - it was simply the first thing that came into my mind. I have no doubt that we all want to see CL continue. While I am a great fan of consistent rules myself, maybe there are better options available that could make it possible to squeeze out a couple more seasons.
Don't forget to enter the schedule into LFS calendar at least for the last time...
Quote from Eclipsed :Don't forget to enter the schedule into LFS calendar at least for the last time...

done
Since there were no briefings for rounds 7 or 8, here are the results:

are the sprint races happening as usual tomorrow? given the DDOS thing
We will run the event as planned, if we hit issues, we'll deal with them then.
Would it still be possible to register for the last ever Cityliga race somehow?
#20 - n3ox
sign ups are possible until next monday before the race, but please show some carcontrol, otherwise we have to take you out of the race Wink
i hope you vhange your mind somehow and keep on... been my first season in cityliga and i've been enjoying it very much!
Thanks n3ox, i will do my best.
Hi! is it possible to practice on the KY3X_K32 track offline?
Yes
Alternatively you can visit the server,press shift+u and save the layout.
Hi, wondering if anybody has the replays saved from this?

CITYLIGA 24
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG