The online racing simulator
Not working for me :/

This Error: http://puu.sh/8BIgU.png

I followed the instructions but i get the error the whole time...
does it work on 0.6h??
Props to a cool smooth running program! you have to take a few mins to figure everything out Tongue.

Question: Is there anyway to sim a "stall"?

Like, where it doesnt cut ignition on shifts and kind of slips into the next gear?

i tried messing around with clutch pressure etc trying to get something to work but didnt have any luck.

Sim'ing a stall would be the biggest accomplishment for auto trans simming and especially for us drag racers! Big grin

Either way, nice, well put-together program!
Source code coming soon
For all those curious, my LFS Shifter program is made with Autohotkey script and so is unable to send or modify controller inputs as far as I know, so the way everything works is by sending keyboard strokes in certain conditions, and although that sounds simple, those conditions can actually get a little complex. In other words my program can't talk directly with the game, BUT, as a workaround it "indirectly" reads RPM, gear, etc, from the included "Outgauge program," because THAT program can read directly from the game. Originally my script couldn't read from that program so I modified it with Delphi(? I think?) to change everything to text boxes, which is something Autohotkey is able to read from. Without the outgauge window, my script/program is 100% useless because it can't read directly from the game. So thank you to whoever made that outgauge program yearsss ago! I can't believe it still works.

screamingz1 - so with that said, sorry, I wish there was a way for the stall you're asking for. Unless there's some creative way of "emulating" it via keyboard yourself? (which can then be emulated by Autohotkey). At every shift I have it set to cut the ignition, shift, then quickly turn ignition back on. But this might help - I remember being able to make it SOUND like it by changing the in-game car sound options (shift+A if I remember?), and basically making it so deceleration is the same loudness and tone as acceleration... kinda gives a similar effect, because cutting the ignition no longer changes how the engine sounds.

I wonder if for all those having issues running it, assuming you all have followed instructions 100%, are you using a different language than English, either in Windows or LFS? You can try temporarily setting everything to English, and see if it works.

I'd like to release my source code (soon, in another post) for LFS Shifter for anyone interested in changing something about it, or possibly making their own version in a "real" programming language, and for those maybe just curious to see how it works. All you'll need is Autohotkey, and that'll let you open the script up in notepad to see and change it however you like. I haven't been playing LFS for years, and I didn't really expect for my shifter to stay on the first page on this forum for so long, so I think it's time.
Quote from tigerboyz :For all those curious, my LFS Shifter program is made with Autohotkey script and so is unable to send or modify controller inputs as far as I know, so the way everything works is by sending keyboard strokes in certain conditions, and although that sounds simple, those conditions can actually get a little complex. In other words my program can't talk directly with the game, BUT, as a workaround it "indirectly" reads RPM, gear, etc, from the included "Outgauge program," because THAT program can read directly from the game. Originally my script couldn't read from that program so I modified it with Delphi(? I think?) to change everything to text boxes, which is something Autohotkey is able to read from. Without the outgauge window, my script/program is 100% useless because it can't read directly from the game. So thank you to whoever made that outgauge program yearsss ago! I can't believe it still works.

screamingz1 - so with that said, sorry, I wish there was a way for the stall you're asking for. Unless there's some creative way of "emulating" it via keyboard yourself? (which can then be emulated by Autohotkey). At every shift I have it set to cut the ignition, shift, then quickly turn ignition back on. But this might help - I remember being able to make it SOUND like it by changing the in-game car sound options (shift+A if I remember?), and basically making it so deceleration is the same loudness and tone as acceleration... kinda gives a similar effect, because cutting the ignition no longer changes how the engine sounds.

I wonder if for all those having issues running it, assuming you all have followed instructions 100%, are you using a different language than English, either in Windows or LFS? You can try temporarily setting everything to English, and see if it works.

I'd like to release my source code (soon, in another post) for LFS Shifter for anyone interested in changing something about it, or possibly making their own version in a "real" programming language, and for those maybe just curious to see how it works. All you'll need is Autohotkey, and that'll let you open the script up in notepad to see and change it however you like. I haven't been playing LFS for years, and I didn't really expect for my shifter to stay on the first page on this forum for so long, so I think it's time.

Thank you for the informative reply Tigerboys!

Also about this... "I didn't really expect for my shifter to stay on the first page on this forum for so long"

I guess you could say you successfully made a bada$$ program! lol

Ok.. Im sure this is easier said than done.. like way easier said than done BUT, do you think it is possible to get the program to shift gears without ignition cut with some sort of feature that when LFs Shifter pushes the "shift/change gear" button, it would almost lag into the next gear? like somehow make the key press extra slowmotion.. with that and the mixture of on track editor tab with pro tweaker for clutch pressure and wear, it would legit. Tongue
It *might* be possible but I still think ignition cut is a must, and that's because without it, every shift will rev up the engine some (auto clutch). Unless there's something new I don't know about... last time I really played was before patch Z some years ago. What's this clutch pressure stuff you've been mentioning? Is it built into the game or is it like a tweak program?

I remember thinking of adding in a short clutch hold (c key) to simulate this exact thing, but it had to be done after the ignition got cut, and timed perfectly or else the revs would probably sound jumpy. You might like to try modifying "shifttime" in the config to a higher number (it's in milliseconds, so 1000 is 1 sec) That'll determine how long after the shift the ignition takes to turn back on. Maybe a combination of that and holding c for a moment during the shift, might get the effect you're looking for.
It doesn't work for me with 0.6k,0.6p Frown it isn't compatible with these versions? "Car not loaded or LFS paused, please go on track first, then click OK"
Quote from zakricsi :It doesn't work for me with 0.6k,0.6p Frown it isn't compatible with these versions? "Car not loaded or LFS paused, please go on track first, then click OK"

I can confirm it works on my 0.6P Thumbs up
-
(HIENZALEX01) DELETED by HIENZALEX01
Whenever I floor it, my gears change up and down, (if in 3rd gear and floored, it will change down to 2nd, but then shifts between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and won't go any faster, so it goes from 2nd all the way to 4th and then starts it again.) I have to use manual mode but I would really like it to work! Someone please help.
It's a 3 year old program and the author hasn't been active for months, I don't think you'll be able to fix this.
That's the same for me..i tried to change everything, but nothing happened :/
The link is broken...
Anyone have version 6?
+1?
All links do not work. Working link??
Quote from HIENZALEX01 :Whenever I floor it, my gears change up and down, (if in 3rd gear and floored, it will change down to 2nd, but then shifts between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and won't go any faster, so it goes from 2nd all the way to 4th and then starts it again.) I have to use manual mode but I would really like it to work! Someone please help.

its a burnt out clutch
can someone make a new link for it
no work site,plz reload program
Up. Make it work now Smile)
Quote from tigerboyz :
Update feb-8-2013:
Version 6 is available!

LFS Shifter is a program I made to make the shifting in LFS similar to how a normal daily automatic road car would shift. When I was little, I always wanted the cars in the games I play to shift like normal cars. So here I present you with the "D" gear in LFS! Smile

New video demonstration:
http://youtu.be/6Yg5JouTl68

Features:
~ Three shifting modes to choose from: Economic and Sport modes, and Hold Gear mode

~ Dynamic shifting; it will shift at different RPMs depending on the situation

~ Immersive sounds including turn signals, and car sounds to let you know what's going on

~ Bouncing Rev limiter helps prevent the engine from revving too high in Neutral, Reverse, or at top speed

============================================

There is an optional file attached that is a few example setups for some cars. These were used in a previous version of LFS Shifter, but may still work. They're mainly examples of how to set your gear ratios so it shifts less often.

(Your antivirus may go off saying it's a harmful file etc; tell it to shush. There is no virus or anything with LFS Shifter... it is just an autohotkey script compiled to exe)

Error 404 for the web
The links no longer work, could someone give me another link, I know the manuals are more fun, but sometimes it's fun just to walk slowly

Automatic Transmission Simulator (v5.6b)
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG