The online racing simulator
Round 7 - FZ 50 GTR & XR GTR @ Aston Historic
Round 7 of 9 :: November 2nd, 2015

Track Layout: Aston Historic [AS4]
Cars used: FZR [with 20kg of ballast] and XRR

Qualifying Mode: 15 minutes timed [no limitations]
Race Mode: 39 laps

Since the tracker still isn't available and with almost half the time that was available to set a qualifying time having passed already, we have decided to change the qualifying mode for round 7 to a pre-race 15 minute longed timed qualifying session. None of the times that have been completed so far have been recorded and they will not count towards the grid positions on race day. We are aware that we're making this change on relatively short notice and that it will lengthen the race day track running, however, we do still consider it the fairest solution to our problem.

The grid qualifying is not affected by this issue.

Qualifying

During qualifying, all drivers will be allowed to complete as many laps as they desire and may also jump to the pits with Shift+P/S at any point if they wish to do so. Do also not forget to pay attention to the yellow exit blend line whenever you leave the pit lane! You may only go across to the other side of the track after the end of the line. Please also make sure to not hold up drivers during their hot laps, this however doesn't mean that slower drivers have to jump out of the way of faster cars at a moment's notice just because they weren't able to time the gap to the car in front of them properly. It's every driver's own responsibiliy to keep a suitable gap to the cars around him during the session.

Should a driver receive a penalty during qualifying, getting a drive-through penalty for pit lane speeding for example, then he must serve that penalty immediately! If you don't serve your penalty you will lose your grid position and have to start from the back of the field.

After the time has elapsed and the last attempt has been either completed or aborted, all drivers are asked to park their car in pit lane!

Race

The race, as per usual, will start with a laglap. It takes quite a while to reach the first corner from the grid, which also appears to be quite wide at first, but with pretty much every line into ending up on the left-hand side edge of the track, that width can deceive very easily. Please be prepared for it, nobody can win a 90 minute long race in the first corner, especially not on such a drafting track.

There will be no mandatory pit stop in this race, but all cars will have to refuel and most likely also have to change tires to make it to the end of the race. How you handle it is up to you, just make sure you don't cross the yellow exit blend line when leaving pit lane!

Additional Information

The decision wheter both grids drive on one server or not, will be announced in the TeamSpeak briefing and depends on the number of withdraws for the race.

Everyone is asked to respect the rules on chatting: During all sessions, chat is always automatically closed unless the race administrator opens it.

Practice Race (Sunday, November 1st at 20:00 GMT+1):
Livestream (Montag, November 2nd at 20:15 GMT+1): www.hitbox.tv/cityliga
Please merge both grids if possible, that would be one hell of a race!
i have lucky first lap 26>15 Big grin Big grin Big grin Tongue
who was commentators?
Dave and Kid
Good job speakers and administrators 10/10Smile full grid GT cars no see long time Big grin
Thanks for being fair with me on the race, Roman! I really enjoyed our battle for the victory. It's too bad i lost connection.
Quote from Lacko86 :Thanks for being fair with me on the race, Roman! I really enjoyed our battle for the victory. It's too bad i lost connection.

Have you had any luck finding out why you lose connection from time to time?
Quote from Lacko86 :Thanks for being fair with me on the race, Roman! I really enjoyed our battle for the victory. It's too bad i lost connection.

Yes, suspenseful race Lacko Thumbs up When you overtook me I thought " this is end " but suddenly after passing other corners I felt like on CG server and I enjoyed it.
I wonder as it turned out your or my undercat in Pitstop. For sure i was before the race use optical cable wifi is unsearchable. I was afraid timeout Frown
Quote from mbutcher :

I think i really need to reinstall my windows, becouse it's like 3 years old and sometimes it feels really slow.
But the problem could be my internet provider aswell, becouse i realised every of my connection lost happened around 21:30.
Quote from Lacko86 :
Quote from mbutcher :

I think i really need to reinstall my windows, becouse it's like 3 years old and sometimes it feels really slow.
But the problem could be my internet provider aswell, becouse i realised every of my connection lost happened around 21:30.

Are you having a dynamic IP and a German-ish internet? I've every 24h a disconnect here.
Quote from TFalke55 :
Quote from Lacko86 :
Quote from mbutcher :

Are you having a dynamic IP and a German-ish internet? I've every 24h a disconnect here.

I've got some UPC cabel internet connection, but i have no idea, how often i've got a new IP adress...
Quote from Lacko86 :
Quote from TFalke55 :
Quote from Lacko86 :
Quote from mbutcher :

I've got some UPC cabel internet connection, but i have no idea, how often i've got a new IP adress...

Well...it looks like my IP adress did not changed any in the past few days, after few modem and pc restarts either. So i think i've got some kinda almost fixed IP adress.
As a lot of you know, I've been lagging since about May and it was because something broke during my HDD -> SSD transition around that time. I bought a new network adapter and that didn't fix it so I reinstalled W10 last week, which worked, hence I wasn't lagging in the last race (Yipee).

If you think it could be Windows, reinstall it, it'll probably help...
This thread is closed

Round 7 - FZ 50 GTR & XR GTR @ Aston Historic
(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG