The online racing simulator
#26 - troy
Quote from LannGeron :
Quote from troy :I think everybody knows about your player by now, why not finally stop this monologue?

Really want to know? Because for me your talks here look like "Well, yes Frown train or plane is a good way to reach from New York to London, but I have just my old bike, so I'll use it for such traveling. Guys, which color of wheels on my bike should I choose to increase my speed?"

You see?

Your replies do tell another story though, you quote stuff and go on about your glorious player when the discussion is clearly about technical things on broadcasting/streaming and not the client side. (Where your player may actually be useful I've got no idea)

Maybe you should start reading the stuff you quote instead of trying to force your player down our throats.
We discuss where we have trouble travelling through the vortex and he explains why a manipulator is better then a type 40 or a type 12... *sigh*

EDIT: @cargame.nl: You did use a different sytem during the Westhill 10h, did you also use different settings? Back then it there was no problem at all. Neither on Twitch, nor on YouTube.
Quote from troy :

Sorry, I really was talking about just client side and a little misunderstood you told about server one. But anyway I'd suggest cargame.nl to recommend his clients to use desktop player instead of browser to watch streams, this way is much more reliable in some cases. It could be either VLC or CherryPlayer (where Twitch is already implemented)

I'm silent now))
Quote from TFalke55 :EDIT: @cargame.nl: You did use a different sytem during the Westhill 10h, did you also use different settings? Back then it there was no problem at all. Neither on Twitch, nor on YouTube.

Hhmm? With the borders you mean? It was not me streaming, I cannot do dual mode streaming, system is not powerful enough for this, only learned how to do it and told how it needed to be done :blushsmiley:

Maybe it was full HD. I dunno... Need to ask mitza..
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from TFalke55 :EDIT: @cargame.nl: You did use a different sytem during the Westhill 10h, did you also use different settings? Back then it there was no problem at all. Neither on Twitch, nor on YouTube.

Hhmm? With the borders you mean? It was not me streaming, I cannot do dual mode streaming, system is not powerful enough for this, only learned how to do it and told how it needed to be done :blushsmiley:

Maybe it was full HD. I dunno... Need to ask mitza..

What's the program you use anyway? If it is OBS (Open Broadcast Software) I could take a look at the settings, if it is something other than that maybe someone else knows a trick.
It's OBS.. Default Hitbox/Twitch settings, nothing special.
Are you sure you did right-click on the Live for Speed Source - Position/Size - Fit to screen?
Sigh... [...] Yes...

But..

LFS wasn't actually in 1280x720 mode, the window was smaller.. Face -> palm

Changed cfg.txt ... Now it is correct.
Hitbox :80point no lag
Twitch :65point+lag
Smile
After some days of continuously streaming to Twitch now switched back to www.hitbox.tv/cityliga ... I think although it's less popular it still is much better/stable. Who cares about those two, three extra viewers. I don't expect much more during a normal race broadcast.

Xmas 12 hours can maybe be a different story.

And no, you cannot force the internet to use a videoplayer plugin.
Ok good... Smile quick question is the current resolution wanted?
Attached images
Unbenannt.jpg
x720 40FPS yes? Higher is not possible anyway with this machine, displaying GPU usage not for no reason Wink
Are the blacks bar areas part of the video? Big ones left & right but thinner ones at top too.
For bandwidth and CPU better to have no black bars in video itself.
Or is that what the player loos like?
This is how it looks like, the inner content is 720p if you start measuring Wink
And CL round 2 is on air Wink
steam ran fine for me Smile although I would rather like to not be able to watch it right now Taped Shut
Alright well nobody watched then anyway.. Thought it was because of this garbled stream but apparently it's lack of interest. Both is fine for me at this point, it's clear Wink
Some issues for me when watching streams on hitbox. And also (do not take this personal) but I do not find the commentary very entertaining, it lacks enthusiasm, passion..it's just not entertaining to watch with a commentary that sounds like the commentator himself is not having a great time doing what he has decided to do!
Check iRacing commentators from the F1 championship thing, they have more passion for it which makes everything way more entertaining.

..you know, people like to have commentary that's entertaining. Doesn't matter what game it is or whatnot, Dota2 The International 5 commentators are great, so are CS:GO commentators in pro games..the list is endless!
It was also not the most exciting combo I am afraid which made it even more complicated and it's totally not comparable with other sims or games I think but ah well... 100 people, 100 opinions. Fact is that there are not a lot of people left who would like to stream anyway. Basically, none. Next race XFG/XRG on Fern Bay open, at least that will be a competitive field. Easiest class to drive Smile
Stream in jutbu?
Quote from cargame.nl :Alright well nobody watched then anyway.. Thought it was because of this garbled stream but apparently it's lack of interest. Both is fine for me at this point, it's clear Wink

I would kinda like to watch it back, is it going on youtube?
Yeah well.. While I am not proud of the last 10 minutes, it will be.. But I switched the machine/laptop off which contains the recording (remotely).. Need to wait a bit until I can ask my parents so they can turn it back on, I am still in Croatia Wink

(Not that it matters that I am here, at my home I also only have a whoppin 1 Mbit upload Taped Shut Razz )
Try the youtube's editor, it is fast to use:
https://www.youtube.com/editor
trim the start & end to remove test/practice stuff.

Commentary is okay I think, just a bit too silent compared to LFS sound.
Maybe this helps to get rid of the black bars:

1) righclick on your "Source" - properties:

2) Click "Select Region" and drag the Capture-Area over the LFS window.
Anything outside the window does not get streamed. So if LFS is in windowed mode you can arrange other programs around it. (teamspeak, TV-director remote etc)
Use new LFS-option "Play sound while window is not focused" and you can click stuff outside Lfs.

3) Settings - Video
Set the Strea-resolution to the same size as the Capture-Region.
If it is different then you get black bars!

Also good function:
You can have multiple sources.
For example one is normal LFS.
For second Source do: Add "Image"
Put an image the same resolution as stream.
If you stream 1280x720 then could use the posters from cityliga:
http://cityliga.de/uploads/images/cl21/rennplakate/Rennplakat_R03.jpg

Then add hotkeys to switch between sources:
Rightclick, "Set Hotkey"
Now in pauses can toggle between "Stream" and "Picture"
Like during the griding screen or when you need to do something that viewers should not see.
(like restarting LFS or so)
Attached images
obs_capture.png
obs_res.png
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG