The online racing simulator
Round 1 - NGTR @ Kyoto Ring National
Round 1 of 9 :: August 10th, 2015

Track: Kyoto Ring National [KY2]
Cars: UFR [with 10kg added mass] and XFR

Qualifying Mode: 15 minutes timed [no limitations]
Race Mode: 41 laps [with mandatory pit stop including the change of all four tyres]

Qualifying:

During qualifying, all drivers will be permitted to do as many laps as they wish, and if so desired, also jump to the pits directly from the track via Shift+P/S or the menu. When leaving the pit lane, you must pay attention to the yellow pit exit blendline! Only at the end of that line are you allowed to enter the circuit. To help you with that, the end of that line will be marked with a pole. Please also make sure that you don't interfere with any other drivers' qualifying laps, however, this does not mean that when you're a slower driver, and you're on a lap yourself, that faster cars coming from behind have the right of way. It's in every driver's own responsibility to leave a large enough gap to the cars in front of him.

Should a driver receive a penalty during qualifying, receiving a DT for speeding in pit lane for example, he must serve that penalty as soon as possible! Penalties which aren't served will lead to the drive in question being moved to the back of the grid!

After the time has elapsed and the last attempt has been either completed or aborted, all drivers are asked to park there car in pit lane and to not enter the track itself!

Race:

As always, the race starts with a laglap. During the actual start, everyone will be asked to act with caution since the distance to the first actual corner is very long. On top of that, the chicane off the oval is very tight compared to the oval itself, so be careful with what line you pick prior to your braking for T1, we don't want to see four car fighting over the same corner when at best two can get through without any issues.

To make the race a bit more interesting there will also be an element of strategy in form of a mandatory pit stop in which the all four tyres must be changed. Since there is no specific pit window, the pit stop may be made in any lap except for the final lap. Of course, the pit entry and pit exit blend lines must not be crossed when doing so. As mentioned above already, the ends of both will be marked with a pole to make it easier to see for the drivers. Crossing these lines would result in a penalty, just like in qualifying.

Additional Information:

Everyone is asked to respect the rules on chatting: During all sessions, chat is always automatically closed unless the race administrator opens it.

Practice Race (Sunday, August 9th, 2015 at 18:00 UTC): http://cityliga.de/index.php/de/forum/training-cl21/666-1-cl21-trainings-rennen-am-09-08-2015
Livestream (Monday, August 10th, 2015 at 18:15 UTC):
First race after a longer break from active CityLiga racing. In the CL18 there was a guest start, apart from that nothing to mention. In fact it could be my first real season. Uhmm In the meantime I have been at the wheel every now and then, but the CityLiga is always something special and switching from TV+orga to active driving+orga is a very nice thing.

In qualifying I was a bit surprised ending up in P6 with my race setup and a full tank of fuel.

So at the start of the race I was loosing a lot of ground. Finding myself in P11 and with the natural chaos of the opening laps of a race, I could not succesfully fight with my UFR agains the XFR. When Joker overtook me and I did not see any chance for me, I decided to pit early. It turned out to be the right decision: With the empty track infront of me, I could go a pace I enjoyed a lot. After overtaking LRK-racer and migpha and after the series of pitstops I ended up in P7 until I made a mistake and some events developed from that. At the end a pleased but unstatisfied tenth position.

Now I have to look into driving the LX6 not only constantly but also fast. Tilt
This thread is closed

Round 1 - NGTR @ Kyoto Ring National
(3 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG