The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :
Quote from AndRand :
Quote from http://metro.co.uk/ :
http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/16/this-is-the-date-of-jeremy-clarksons-final-ever-appearance-on-top-gear-5248956/#ixzz3dJtTjYJ1
Hammond and May have chosen to not renew their contracts although they’re rumoured to have been offered deals of around £1 million a year to stay with the show.
The trio are reportedly in negotiations with Netflix to create a new version of the flagship BBC series along with Andy Wilman, Top Gear’s former executive producer and an old school friend of Clarkson.

How come BBC can still have rights to the title "Top Gear" when all 3 presenters of 20 years and producer will make it by themselves?
I wouldn't care if that would be called "Top-ish Gear" or whatever - that would be "the real deal" TopGear anyway.

Top gear was around before Clarkson and co.

Clarkson had a 30% share in the company that made Top Gear, he sold his share (and obviously the rights to the program) back the BBC a couple of years ago.
Quote from jasonmatthews :
I think he will be good IMHO Smile

Plus we hopefully still get the 3 doing another show, win win Smile

I agree.
At least this guy has a massive interest in cars...and when I watch TopGear I am watching it because I am also interested in cars...

Good riddance to JC and hello CE for me...but as quoted above JC will be available doing the same old stuff on another channel.

Really looking forward to the new show....will have to endure the old TG unseen episode(s) first though.
Yes I heard that too Jon...just this morning on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show..

Also rumours of JB going to Williams if Bottas goes to Ferrari...

Who knows what will happen but I would love to see him on Top Gear...I am so looking forward to having a car program on the telly again...with people that know stuff about cars. Smile
Quote :Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed up to present a new show on Amazon's streaming video service.

The trio will front three series of a new motoring programme for Amazon Prime, with the first season to be made available worldwide in 2016.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33715671
Amazon.. did not have them on the radar, thought Netflix would win the bid. Maybe this will convince me to try Prime...
Lovely, now if Prime Video was only available out here...
-
(Racer X NZ) DELETED by Scawen : our forum cannot be used to suggest or advise on piracy
I'd watch it.
Bleh, thought I was gonna see some update on the Amazon show.
Love the ad. It's gonna be wierd not reffer to the show as "Top Gear"
New Top Gear Presenters......
I'm interested on how this will turn out... Can't wait for the real Top Gear to return though.
I shall watch it. Will be different, but it can't be so bad.
Wow, did not expect a cast that big. Funny to see Chris Harris there.

Wonder if they'll still do typical Top Gear challenges or back to the roots car journalism.
Quote from ACCAkut :Wonder if they'll still do typical Top Gear challenges or back to the roots car journalism.

With Chris Harris and the Speedbee I can see them having more car journalism segments, as both did their job on that end, while I can see Eddie Jordan in a 2nd row Clarkson role.
I really hope they don't do too much of the 'hardcore journalism' as it will get boring quickly.

I wan't tonnes of Specials Big grin

"EX-TOP GEAR host Richard Hammond has been spotted filming in central London for his new car show with Jeremy Clarkson and James May."

Health and Safety will clearly be pleased, hard hats and safety vests are clearly being worn by those involved. Big grin

"Clarkson, Hammond, and May will reportedly be under Amazon Prime's show for three seasons with 12 episodes each. Each episode will run for an hour.
Fans can head to Amazon Prime to exclusively access the upcoming motoring show. They can access it on PC, and other devices.
Unlike Netflix, Amazon Prime plans to release one episode per week and not the entire season at once."

UPDATE EDIT: !!!!!!!!!
12/2/2016 17:00

LOLZ, lots of SJW, Special Snowflakes, PC Bro, (people) got upset about the old Top Gear comments on Travellers, Hills, everything Jeremy ever said, etc etc etc ....
The 'ALL NEW AND IMPROVED' (We hate Jeremy) Top Gear are now off to a great start.

"However, fans were shocked that Top Gear's promotional photo featuring the new hosts, included Schmitz wearing a t-shirt with a print of a female sign with devil horns.

Many on Twitter felt that it was offensive and unnecessary to "brand" the only female host".

After all, why not start by abusing and putting down the largest minority ? Clearly females are not important or relevant as 'people' to the new 'team' at Top Beer .....

Or perhaps they are upset at being labelled 'Very BBC and PC'

But when it's only women, who cares..... /s

(As many people are clearly unable to understand sarcasm I thought that it was important to explain, with short words, that '/s' after a post implies that the comment was sarcasm)

"sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting; "

Please PM if you require a more detailed explanation of the meaning of 'sarcasm'.
Jordan, Harris, Schmitz seem fitting. Don't know the other ones.
I wonder what will happen to the laptimes table? It would always link the new show to the old one..
Do they still have The Stig? If so, i feel the laptimes will stay. But the star-in-the-reasonably-priced-car table will reset again, for sure.
They still have the Stig but I they will keep Star In A Reasonably Priced Car as it seems to me they are doing what 5th Gear have been doing for a long time, i.e. making it more of a car review show.
Looking forward to the new series. The team looks great. I think there will be a lot of viewers who turned away from Top Gear, as the misogony and racism grew throughout the last 6 years, who will return this year.

The fact my house will be tuning is testament to the new line-up.
Quote from petercollins :I think there will be a lot of viewers who turned away from Top Gear, as the misogony and racism grew throughout the last 6 years, who will return this year.

I will never understand these people. Why do they take everything so seriously.

The (dark) humour is the main reason why Top Gear was so great show. If someone gets offended from their jokes, it's their problem.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :I will never understand these people. Why do they take everything so seriously.

The (dark) humour is the main reason why Top Gear was so great show. If someone gets offended from their jokes, it's their problem.

The principle of being offended on someone's behalf isn't something I have a problem with at all. We should, in certain situations. Just because it's not directed at you personally doesn't mean you are not allowed to dislike it, that's how empathy works.

I just don't think Top Gear ever went that far. It's different when an audience is so big, people exaggerate the impact of a single word. I doubt we'll see much more use of those words purely because TG used them. Films probably contribute more to such words surviving, but as works of fiction it's fine.
Quote from sinbad :I just don't think Top Gear ever went that far. It's different when an audience is so big, people exaggerate the impact of a single word. I doubt we'll see much more use of those words purely because TG used them. Films probably contribute more to such words surviving, but as works of fiction it's fine.

So you don't think Clarkson referring to an Asian person as a "slope" is too far? You don't think Clarkson dragging the term "****" into a show about cars is too far? You don't think Clarkson parading a car through Argentina with reference to the Falklands War, which killed 649 Argentinians is too far?
Is he supposed to be funny?

The man is a crony of Cameron, a private-school toff who looks down on anyone who was not in his class at school. He eventually punches a staff member in a tantrum and gets fired and offers a mealy-mouthed apology in a desperate effort to keep his job, knowing full well he had sold his shares in Top Gear and was finished.

You may think he is a hero, but he thinks you are scum. That is the reality of this fat twat.

Top Gear Discussions [Spoilers and fun inside]
(568 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG