The online racing simulator
Debriefing
(1 post, closed, started )
#1 - n3ox
Debriefing
With fewer than three weeks to go until the season finale, it's about time, as usual, to look back at the past races and CL20 as a whole and ask you as drivers for your opinion before any eventual topics will just go under during the summer break. What did you like, what did you dislike? What, in your opinion, could be improved, what wishes do you have?

Simply post your thoughts here, just remember that any critics you write must be backed up by fact. Remember also that we can only take in the information we're given by you! Smile

---

So, then once a feedback from me as a driver, but also as a member of the orga.

First of all the things we have internally already on the list and want/have to adjust for the next season:
The rules: just this season I had the feeling that we in general and in the Reko particularly met several times with cases in which the regulations allowed quite different interpretations. For example, in the mandatory stops. These things we want to look into and define more concrete.
The point system: thanks to the update now Grid sizes up to 40 drivers are possible, which we would like to use. However, this means that the points system needs to be adjusted. Since we would like to have a third and halve ment points for different event formats, any achievable score must be necessarily divisible by 6 (to get whole points). This was also the reason why the points already has increased this season to a maximum of 300. With 40 places, for 3 grids that will likely once again get a little more.
The team standings: the big issue on the list is definitely team ranking. We have since also internally calculated some models, but are of course still open to your suggestions.

Personally, I would particularly be interested in how did you like the new promotion adn relegeation system in retrospect. I personally feel that it did what we wanted to achieve with it, especially for Grid 1 it actually worked great. We had except for the first three races (because of just over 64 drivers), always a well-filled grid. The races itself were always very tight and narrow, concerning the drivers. There were actually rare lapped drivers which had no incident or similar. So I would say that the new system for grid 1 has done well in any case, and has increased the quality.
One change I might do yet. I started the season in Grid 2 and then ascended, si I have 3 races with significantly fewer points. Two of them I was able to make up for with the dropresults, but there still remains one. I think it's also similar to Kapal who might otherwise be even further ahead. Therefore, I could imagine that we move every grid qualifyings mid season one race forward, so after race 2,5 and 8. This would give drivers like Kapal and Me a good chance in the driverrankings despite the start in grid 2.
One idea that came internally the last few days, was a small mix with the old system. For example, the top 1 or 2 drivers of the last block (regarding points) can also promote regardless of their grid qualifying time.
What I would like to see regarding the team standings, would be an opening for unofficial teams. so that individual drivers can team up to small teams. What do you think?

As I said, I'm looking forward to your feedback Wink
This thread is closed

Debriefing
(1 post, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG