Date: Sunday 4th January 2015
Track: Aston Classic Boot Rev. (A23R)
Distance: 50 laps
Weather: Clear Day
Race Director: Oliver Feistkorn

18:30 UTC / 19:30 CET - Q1
18:55 UTC / 19:55 CET - Q2
19:10 UTC / 20:10 CET - Race

Note: The password will only be sent to participants who confirmed their attendance.
sorry for my problems, my trottle got stuck and then the brake too, so I retired. sorry if I bothered to someone.
I lost the car in Turn 1 and this pretty much ended up my race there. Suspensions on the rear were broken and I couldn't move any further. Smile

Congratulations to Vitaly and the podium. Awesome there guys. I really need more pace in the BF1 Smile
50 second 5(brunt)
I not sure, but why did certain drivers not earn points in the round? I searched the rulebook for any requirements but found none.
DNF = no points. Looks like I need to clarify it...
Not to stir trouble, but what if you had one of your top contenders get in a wreck, out of their hands, and was forced to DNF? I ask because I think the average starting grid for F1 in 2014 was 24 and only about 41% was allowed points despite running or not. Now, if this applies to the 32 car start of Vires F1 2015 then mathematically only the Top 13 are allowed points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ... ip_points_scoring_systems

Now I'm not gonna drill it, or argue, or anythings else of the sort, I only wanted to extend the knowledge of the situation and try to even let the unfortunate drivers fight and attempt to take advantage of somebody else's misfortune even more than given credit.

As a driver, I always hope that for my efforts I am rewarded. As a team manager, I expect that if my drivers put in the effort, they are rewarded. Either way you decide I'd like to note that my driver will not earn points, but his efforts were great: Highest Lap Time stability of the race, despite his problems. May not seem much, but that's me.
Quote from Texpelt88 :Not to stir trouble, but what if you had one of your top contenders get in a wreck, out of their hands, and was forced to DNF? I ask because I think the average starting grid for F1 in 2014 was 24 and only about 41% was allowed points despite running or not. Now, if this applies to the 32 car start of Vires F1 2015 then mathematically only the Top 13 are allowed points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ... ip_points_scoring_systems

Now I'm not gonna drill it, or argue, or anythings else of the sort, I only wanted to extend the knowledge of the situation and try to even let the unfortunate drivers fight and attempt to take advantage of somebody else's misfortune even more than given credit.

As a driver, I always hope that for my efforts I am rewarded. As a team manager, I expect that if my drivers put in the effort, they are rewarded. Either way you decide I'd like to note that my driver will not earn points, but his efforts were great: Highest Lap Time stability of the race, despite his problems. May not seem much, but that's me.

There is no any reason to score DNF drivers in this race, as no one covered even 50%. In LFS events usually 75% required (see NDR sporting code for example VII.2.1.a - https://www.lfs.net/attachment/129668 )

Moreover, usually to score the points you need to cross the finish line after the leader done his final lap. Often in online racing points are scored if you have connection loss.

Anyway, there is no real reason to claim for points.

And as long as there are no clarification in Regulations, points are scored only for those who are listed on lfs screen after the finish.

And why the hell you refer to points distribution system? It has nothing to do with the matter.
Because lets say if you trying to pass some lapped cars who are fighting for position. They cause anaccident and you get caught, but oh no you only completed 45% of the racing laps so you would earn points. My view would still allow you points even though you had bad luck. Maybe I've watched NASCAR too long and their point systems. But I believe in fairness throughout the feild and effort.
So you propose to gift points to drivers who didn't complete the required distance,but had "bad luck"? How you gonna determine who had a rage quit and who just bad luck? One driver drives into the wall,rolls the car - how you gonna decide that? Maybe he got enough driving in (by his opinion) low position and just crashed just for fun? Or maybe he had a popup,black screen or electrical black out? How you gonna decide? Or someone loses connection,was it just bad luck or ragequit? Or someone runs out of fuel - sympathy points for him just because he's mathematically disadvanced or just too careless to check his fuel situation?
You don't get anywhere awarded sympathy points if the driver has a "bad luck",I have always used the full 50% completion rule to earn points and I fully support it. Also it's ok if the % number is bigger,organizers personal preferences,usually I wouldn't argue with it. What I don't support is the "you have to cross the finish line after leader completes the race" rule (used at some point in GenR events),where you can get really backstubbed if something happens in final lap - driver's performance still says he has - 1 lap from race distance,therefor he should be ahead of everyone who finishes 1 or more laps behind (as he completed that distance faster then everyone else),of course by that usually driver loses many positions,but still he should be classified in results.

tl;dr - bad luck is bad luck,you cannot do anything against it,make sure you're better next time and complete the required distance.
Well... when you put it that way I have no counter argument.

Round 4: Race Discussion
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG