The online racing simulator
Genuine Racing Events Ceases Operations With Immediate Effect

As some of you might have guessed already, Genuine Racing will not organise a follow-up series to GT1 Challenge. With the rather standardised event format we have these days, we're actually in a position to launch another season of any of our leagues tomorrow if we wanted to. However, we have collectively decided, that we are no longer going to run a series in a sim that has clearly stagnated massively when it comes to developing the key areas of a racing simulation, and has also, for a grand total of almost 6 years, failed to produce regular updates, or updates at all at times. This approach has clearly driven a lot of the top drivers out of LFS into other simulations like rFactor (2), iRacing or Assetto Corsa, and we can't blame them or it either. You go where the people are, where the competition is and the longevity is, if you jump ships too late you're going to be left alone.

For the most part, the drivers who have supported Genuine Racing leagues and events have been a great addition to our series and have mostly been very loyal to us as well. We would like to say "thank you" to all of them for having made all of these championships a huge success. A league can only ever be seen to be as good as the drivers actually competing make it seem! Because of the loyalty that's been shown to us, we actually wouldn't mind continuing, but for the reasons mentioned above we won't until a major content update is released.

To finish off this announcement we would also like to thank cargame.nl, QServerHosting.com and Van Der Mark Transport Rotterdam who have all contributed to put us in a position to run these leagues! And I personally would like to thank all people who have contributed to running Genuine Racing leagues in the last 2.5 years:

• Jack Atkinson
• Stuart Baker
• Mihai Balan
• Ricardo Costa
• Dave de Beer
• Phil Diaz
• Ben Dubray
• Thilo Falkenberg
• Matthias Fieseler
• Chris Ford
• Klaidas Gasiunas
• Robbin Heijerman
• Michael Heuskel
• Krasimir Ivanov
• Joonas Koskinen
• Elvis Libietis
• Francois Maris
• Jonathan Palmer
• Jonathon Provost
• Valtteri Pitkänen
• Joona Rantala
• Sascha Riegler
• Julien Schein
• Jan-Ole Schreiber
• Matt Streeter
• Henri Tanskanen
• Otto Taskinen
• Alen Terzic
• Henk van der Mark

Thank you again to all of you! This will be it for now.
-
(rockandroll124) DELETED by Scawen : attempting to create a false rumour
Well.. there goes the last true and well organised series..

Great job there GenR.. but if there is no platform left to build on, its useless to continue building..

Thanks for all the effort!
Sad to see this happen but ultimately I'm not surprised either.

So long and thanks for all the fish. See you around.
Thanks for all the fun in/with your Leagues was a good time.
I want to say thank you GenR, but of course especially to you, Dom. You've organised so many leagues, so many races. Still having leagues and races in LFS is your merit for a significant part. You were and you are one of the most dedicated people round here and seeing you step away from LFS saddens me to be honest.
But i guess it's also a new chance and i hope to participate in another league, organised by you, in a new Sim in the near future.
#6 - troy
Thanks guys.
#7 - Litro
Bye.
#8 - jkat
Really big Thank You Dom and for all the supporting people involved organising various leagues
The GenR organised leagues were top class through to the very end. Seeing almost full grid in the last GT1C series race was no exception.
We as a Team,World Class Lions had some success in different GenR leagues and are really proud of these achievements as obviously the leagues were very very competitive.
I really hope Scawen and the team will speed up the development to see some later day GenR organised leagues coming back.
Before that we may see each other in some other sim racing game.

Thank You again
J.A.Katila and the Team World Class Lions
Bye guys
Thank you for all your effort! Thumbs up
Quote from Æthelstan :I want to say thank you GenR, but of course especially to you, Dom. You've organised so many leagues, so many races. Still having leagues and races in LFS is your merit for a significant part. You were and you are one of the most dedicated people round here and seeing you step away from LFS saddens me to be honest.
But i guess it's also a new chance and i hope to participate in another league, organised by you, in a new Sim in the near future.

Yeah, all credits to Dom, he has been dedicated as hell, the time he has spent to make and organise those leagues is just unbelievable...When he asked me to give him the means to organise all that stuff, I personally thought he would never have the patience and determination necessary to keep up a long time (specially with a community that was becoming increasingly negative and ungrateful), but I was wrong! He has been exemplar all the way through and I am grateful to have such a great asset in our team! Thank you Dom!

Thank you to all the drivers and friends who have supported us by participating and helping in all the stuff we've been organising from the R2R public servers with the dailycious series to GenR Leagues. It was an honour to meet you all and I'll keep this in my memory as my best gaming experience ever (and I've started gaming in 1982), mainly due to you guys! hope to see you soon, here or on an other platform!
#12 - CSF
When even the most dedicated guy in the sim knows its time to turn the lights out, the lights will go out.

Dom, great guy.

Thanks for your work toward the community Dom and GenR.

And Kudos to Dom for such a fine OP. Takes a big man to leave with such dignity.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Scawen : sarcastic spam
-
(wildstyle) DELETED by dekojester : offtopic/sarcastic spam
Hello, Dom! I as your teammate would like to say thank you for all the work you have done - it is beyond amazing what you have done and how much effort it requires to do those things! Big props to you for that.

I feel honored to be in the list, but personally, I do not think I deserve the honor to be in it. I feel like you deserve way more than just a thanks from me - my attitude was not the best regarding GenR league participation! I know I could have put more effort and dedicate myself more to participate in GenR races, but I simply couldn't pull myself together to do that..but I promise that I will make sure to participate when the right time comes! Because you truly deserve more than just a thanks
Thank you Dom! I really appreciate your work and as your teammate I've seen how much you've worked for it.
Thank you for your efforts guys and all the racing.
Thanks for all your efforts. I hope to see you elsewhere soon
Sad decision but the writing has been on the wall for some time. Thank you for all the hard work!
Hi
I'm not that active lately, but thanks to everyone involved in organising genr leagues, it has been pleasure to race.
Really great work Dom throughout the 2,5 years - as it is already expected from you!

Brilliant guy to work with as well!
It's really sad to see such news... Thank you for great leagues, pity I wasn't able to attend any gt1 round.
-
(undertaker00) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(TypeRacing) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(OTone) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(jurisltu) DELETED by Scawen : spam
I haven't been visiting these forums nearly as often as i should've, but nevertheless i want to thank you guys for hosting great series of incredible events! I hope we meet in the racetrack in future aswell.

Cheers, Frozeni.
Thanks for all the work you've put into this, Dom.

Genuine Racing Events Ceases Operations With Immediate Effect
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG