The online racing simulator
Live For Speed Grand Prix - Information & Schedule

Track Map

The 1st Live For Speed Grand Prix will take place on Saturday 2 August 2014 and begin at 18:30 GMT (countdown to race start).

Registration Thread: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1863097#post1863097
Server: [WR] LFS Grand Prix
Pre-Qualification Password (open for all interested): speedy

Rulebook: https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... 20Official%20Rulebook.pdf

Further information will be PM'ed to all registered and approved competitors.

Qualifying will be held on 27 July 2014 beginning at 18:30 GMT.

Qualification Format
Q1:
20 minutes in duration. Starting positions 20 and back will be determined in this session.
Q2: Q1 times wiped off the board. Session will be 15 minutes in duration. Starting positions 10-19 will be determined in this session.
Q3: Q2 times wiped off the board. Session will be 10 minutes in duration. The top 10 starting positions will be determined in this session.

Race Format
Car: BF1 (unrestricted)
Track: South City Town Course (SO5)
Race Duration: 83 laps (261.118km) OR 2 hour time limit (Red flag time included)
Tyres: R2 & R3 compounds only (may not mix compounds).
Start: 1 formation lap (uncounted) followed by a standing start.
Restarts: Single file rolling (not double file). Please review [WR] Rulebook Title III, Section IX.
Deviations from typical [WR] Rules: Pitlane will remain open whenever possible under Safety Car. There will not be a free pass rule (Disregard Title III, Section X, Article 1) for this event, but Wave Arounds will still be granted (Title III, Section X, Article 2).

Special Note: Commitment "cones" on pit entry and exit referred to in the rulebook will not actually be cones in this event. Instead the commitment "cones" will be indicated by two yellow chalk lines meeting together at arrow heads. Competitors must treat these as they would the commitment cones as outlined in the rulebook and not drive over them or around them on pit entry or exit. Penalty for this infraction during competition will be the equivalent of a drive through penalty.
-Added registration thread link
-Event added to LFS Event Calendar
Any skin request?
Quote from cuprum :Any skin request?

None, but the [WR] Rulebook does have one section regarding skins that applys to all Worldwide Racing Events. (Title XII, Section I)

Quote :12.1
In all Worldwide Racing Series Sessions, skins are not permitted to have content that would be judged unsuitable for those under the age of thirteen (“13”) years old.

I added the following rules clarification to the opening post. It reads as follows:

Quote :Special Note: Commitment "cones" on pit entry and exit referred to in the rulebook will not actually be cones in this event. Instead the commitment "cones" will be indicated by two yellow chalk lines meeting together at arrow heads. Competitors must treat these as they would the commitment cones as outlined in the rulebook and not drive over them or around them on pit entry or exit. Penalty for this infraction during competition will be the equivalent of a drive through penalty.

Any question(s) regarding the rules (or rulebook) for this event please post them here and I will attempt to answer them as quickly as possible.

Edit: I also added a track map.
Is it possible to miss qualifying and still participate in the race?
Quote from Casner :Is it possible to miss qualifying and still participate in the race?

This depends on the number of entries, but currently the answer appears to be yes. If we have over 30 entries this may change.
welp, might have to qualify with mouse
Registered competitors have been PM'ed for qualifying which will take place Sunday. If you did not receive a PM from me regarding this and you were registered prior to this message please contact me via PM.

Thank you
Qualifying password has been applied to the server. All competitors have been PM'ed, but there's still room for a few more competitors
Qualifying format will be adapted as follows due to only 21 entries:

Q1 Determines bottom third of those present in qualifying
Q2 Determines middle third of those present in qualifying
Q3 Determines top third of those present in qualifying

Sessions remain 20, 15, and 10 minutes in duration.

Penalties may be issued for seriously impeding another driver's lap.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Entry Number (0-999)*: 2
Competitor's LFS World Name*: Storm_Cloud
Competitor's First & Last Name*: Dave Southword
Competitor's Nationality*: British
Competitor's Team Affiliation*: Sonicrealms Racing
Optional Entry Comments:

I can't make qually, though still want to race if poss
Quote from Garfild12 :Entry Number (0-999)*: 691
Competitor's LFS World Name*: Oliver Feistkorn
Competitor's First & Last Name*: Oliver Feistkorn
Competitor's Nationality*: Germany
Competitor's Team Affiliation*: Vires
Optional Entry Comments: <3 A.Merkel <3

Can't do the qualification either, won't be home in time.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Can't do the qualification either, won't be home in time.

I think it's safe to say that drivers will be able to compete even if they miss qualification.
I have thinned down the entry list to only those who are approved for competition. The LFS World lap time submission I have made a little easier to complete by allowing drivers to either upload a lap to LFS World OR run a lap time under 1:02.505 on [WR] LFS Grand Prix while Airio is running. This means that only two competitors who registered have been declined participation. (If you haven't been PM'ed, you're not one of them).

Participants should be in attendance in about an hour and 45 minutes. See you soon

Live For Speed Grand Prix - Information & Schedule
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG