The online racing simulator
GTi Trophy 2014: Rules
You can find the 2014 Genuine Racing GTi Trophy here.

If you find any errors of spelling, numbering, or loopholes in the rules, please let me know.
Really, winners in both grids receive equal points for sprint races?Or may I misunderstand something?
Quote from ventspils_619 :
Really, winners in both grids receive equal points for sprint races?Or may I misunderstand something?

No, it's an error, I forgot to check the points table before posting it. I was still messing around with it last week. Points for a Grid 2 feature race are equal to Grid 1 sprints.
I still don't see how it's fair for someone in grid 1 to finish 12th and get less points than the victor in grid 2.

Grid 1 points should surely range from 400-200 and grid 2 from 200-1 if you're insisting on splitting the points over 2 grids?
Quote from mbutcher :I still don't see how it's fair for someone in grid 1 to finish 12th and get less points than the victor in grid 2.

Grid 1 points should surely range from 400-200 and grid 2 from 200-1 if you're insisting on splitting the points over 2 grids?

We do this way because the fastest guy(s) in Grid 2 are almost never slower than the midfield in Grid 1, why should they then get fewer points than a guy who got lucky to get into Grid 1 and then cruises around well off the pace of the fastest drivers?
Am I right in saying that if >= 64 people pre-qualify, the top 32 race in grid 1 and the last 32 race in grid 2?

If so my point still stands. I can see the appeal of doing it the way you're doing it but it doesn't seem to be the fairest.
Will equal tires be enforced or XFG can freely use unequal tires by using rally tires on a road track?

Personally I would prefer for all tires to be the same on a car, even fixed to a specific compound.
Quote from JackCY :Will equal tires be enforced or XFG can freely use unequal tires by using rally tires on a road track?

Personally I would prefer for all tires to be the same on a car, even fixed to a specific compound.

No rules on tyres.
Updated the rulebook to give admins more freedom with penalties and slightly altered the protest (and appeal) procedures.
what do we do for name as i want to use this name: 57 k_badam
Quote from k_badam :what do we do for name as i want to use this name: 57 k_badam

You must use your real name and the triple digit number (as shown in section F of the rulebook).
thank you
Updated Rulebook to Version 3.

It includes the balance of performance change for the XRG (from 2% restriction to 1% and 8 kg of ballast) aswell as the change of the 105% rule in pre-qualifying to 103.5%. Drivers that are competing in a qualifying or race session, but have no set a time in pre-qualifying must now also set a time that's within 103.5% of the fastest qualifying time in their grid.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Drivers that are competing in a qualifying or race session, but have no set a time in pre-qualifying must now also set a time that's within 103.5% of the fastest qualifying time in their grid.

103.5% sounds more sensible to me.
BUT the way I read your summary above, you've subtly (and unintentionally?) altered the meaning relative to what's in the V3 PDF file, for drivers who do NOT pre-qualify.

What the PDF file says is that they "have to meet the 103.5% rule in qualifying and may only start in the lowest grid active in that round".

What you've written above is that they are OK to race if they are under 103.5% of the fastest time "in their grid" which will be the slowest grid, hence they could be quite a bit slower than if they did attend pre-qualifying (given that the best time on grid 2 is likely to be 1 or 2% slower than the best on grid 1.

I imagine this isn't what you mean/want. Seems more reasonable for them to have to set a time that's less than 103.5% of fastest pre-qually time, no?

Edit: just realised that there is a second bit in the rules, from which you are quoting above. This means that the PDF contains two (IMHO) slightly incompatible statements All I'm actually concerned about is a slow driver feeling that they are better off NOT pre-qualifying as the bar will be lower if they don't. But so long as you don't let slow ppl attend qually if they didn't pre-qual, then no worries
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Updated Rulebook to Version 3.

It includes the balance of performance change for the XRG (from 2% restriction to 1% and 8 kg of ballast) aswell as the change of the 105% rule in pre-qualifying to 103.5%. Drivers that are competing in a qualifying or race session, but have no set a time in pre-qualifying must now also set a time that's within 103.5% of the fastest qualifying time in their grid.

Well, I'm screwed...
Quote from liv4eva :Well, I'm screwed...

Well, you were over a second inside the 103.5% level on WE1R... so maybe not screwed?
Quote from Neilser :103.5% sounds more sensible to me.
BUT the way I read your summary above, you've subtly (and unintentionally?) altered the meaning relative to what's in the V3 PDF file, for drivers who do NOT pre-qualify.

What the PDF file says is that they "have to meet the 103.5% rule in qualifying and may only start in the lowest grid active in that round".

What you've written above is that they are OK to race if they are under 103.5% of the fastest time "in their grid" which will be the slowest grid, hence they could be quite a bit slower than if they did attend pre-qualifying (given that the best time on grid 2 is likely to be 1 or 2% slower than the best on grid 1.

I imagine this isn't what you mean/want. Seems more reasonable for them to have to set a time that's less than 103.5% of fastest pre-qually time, no?

Edit: just realised that there is a second bit in the rules, from which you are quoting above. This means that the PDF contains two (IMHO) slightly incompatible statements All I'm actually concerned about is a slow driver feeling that they are better off NOT pre-qualifying as the bar will be lower if they don't. But so long as you don't let slow ppl attend qually if they didn't pre-qual, then no worries

The reason they only have to be within 103.5% within qualifying is that qualifying is significantly shorter than pre-qualifying and that there will be 20 cars or even more on track. I don't want to put too much unnecessary pressure on people.
Excellent point!
Quote from Neilser :Well, you were over a second inside the 103.5% level on WE1R... so maybe not screwed?

Yeah but that was easy, it was about 80% full throttle (or more) so anyone could've got inside that time.

I mean on the tracks like the next round, South City, that I'll struggle on. Maybe I'll just get lucky, we'll have to see...
Hi, the dropbox link in first post died.
(maybe form attachment is more reliable)
Quote from Gutholz :Hi, the dropbox link in first post died.
(maybe form attachment is more reliable)

Dropbox is reliable, I have never had anyone complain that they couldn't get a file. Thing is though, it can't show you something that's not there anymore, since I moved all files from all of our past championships to a different location a week or so ago (some of which is yet to be moved too).

Anyways, I added the new link to to the first post.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG