The online racing simulator
2014 Fern Bay 150 Announcement
Only a special kind of idiot decides to administrate an oval race. Sadly, I am one of those.

The 2014 Fern Bay 150 will be the 2nd annual. The race will be 150 laps in the XRT at the Fern Bay Oval (F24). We will run this event with the same rules as the Kyoto 400, and the event will begin with 10 pace laps. TeamSpeak will be required in this event as in all Worldwide Racing oval races.

Qualifying and race will both take place on Saturday, March 1st 2014 with qualifying starting at 17:30 GMT. Qualifying will be open track style for a half an hour (30 minutes). The race will begin shortly afterwards and should be expected to last around 45 minutes.

We will have practice sessions for this event, but attendance will not be required. License plates must display the driver's number in all sessions. The Worldwide Racing Rulebook applies to this event.
Quote :We will have practice sessions for this event, but attendance will not be required.

Does this mean it is open for everyone or does it need license? If license is required, one can get it via the practice sessions?
Quote from Gutholz :Does this mean it is open for everyone or does it need license? If license is required, one can get it via the practice sessions?

No, I have completely done away with licenses. They confused people, and did not work in the first place. Thanks for asking
Hi,
Am interested in taking part in this race event. Just wondering how strict you are on team speak use? It's just my computer doesn't run very well with TS and LFS.

Thanks, James
Quote from Jaydude95 :Hi,
Am interested in taking part in this race event. Just wondering how strict you are on team speak use? It's just my computer doesn't run very well with TS and LFS.

Thanks, James

As a racer... It is just informative. Tells where do be careful due to spun or flipped car or something and what to do like overtake the car in front or let the car behind pass, etc. That's at least in a nut shell.
Quote from Jaydude95 :Hi,

Thanks, James

It will depend on the number of drivers we have. If the number is in the area of 15 drivers I'm likely to not mandate TS. However, if it is closer to 30 it will be a necessity. At this time I think it will be closer to 10 drivers

Often it makes yellow flag procedure much smoother and allows me to alert competitors of things that they need to take note of (like a flipped race car) without distracting them too much.
Ts
Name of TS channel?
I've been meaning to ask this: Double file start/restarts or single?
#9 - Sobis
Last year it was double file. I'm pretty sure it'll stay that way
will be there a stream and tracker?
Quote from BorislavB :will be there a stream and tracker?

Stream is likely, if not guaranteed (at least a stationary shot with the entire track in view). Tracker is not needed as losing connection will cost competitors at least 4 or 5 laps (more work than it's worth).
What is situation with blue flags? I think I asked already in practice session but not sure if I remember the answer. (no blue flags I think?)
Quote from Gutholz :What is situation with blue flags? I think I asked already in practice session but not sure if I remember the answer. (no blue flags I think?)

Blue Flags are a warning (when LFS issues them to you), but no action is required. Leaders must find a fair way past their competitors on different laps if the other drivers chose to maintain their line. A minimum speed will be established and maintained by race control.

Contact is acceptable in small amounts in this race. If somebody is holding you up you may make contact with them, but in a fair way that does not result in large losses for either competitor. Defensive contact through the corners may also be permitted with the same restrictions (IE: holding an overtaking competitor low on the track is acceptable, but pushing them off of the track on the inside is not. Turning around an overtaking competitor is also not permitted).

Penalties will involve driving around the turns 1 & 2 wall through the grass/sand.
Quote from Cornys :Stream is likely, if not guaranteed (at least a stationary shot with the entire track in view). Tracker is not needed as losing connection will cost competitors at least 4 or 5 laps (more work than it's worth).

Can we have a link to the stream so we can have followers watch.
LiveStream will be up from 17:30 GMT through the end of the race. Only the race will be recorded and posted on Youtube.

LiveStream View: http://simrace.tv/page.php?52

2014 Fern Bay 150 Announcement
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG