The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 400 Discussion
The 2014 Kyoto 400 will mark the 3rd year for this event. The race will take the green flag a little after 18:00 GMT on Saturday, February 1st. Discussion of the event may be made here.

There will be another rule change with the damage, and that will be that I will be removing it after another bad experience with it in the duel races. If a car is unable to move at all (on side, top, ect.) they will be forced to retire from the event. Otherwise, drivers will be allowed to continue.

Let's take this event seriously, so that it can be a fun event for everybody involved. Thilo may be streaming the event, but he is busy, and I think we can all understand that
I have a question about the pit entry for the race.
On the duel race replay i saw the drivers pitted after the last turn.
Hasn't it been that you should you take the inside track before the last turn to pit?
Quote from carpet200 :I have a question about the pit entry for the race.
On the duel race replay i saw the drivers pitted after the last turn.
Hasn't it been that you should you take the inside track before the last turn to pit?

Quote from rule book :6.1 Those drivers who wish to enter pit lane must cross the
“commitment cone” prior to pit lane on the pit lane side without
making contact with it. Crossing on the wrong side of the cone and
entering will give an entry the equivalent of a stop and go penalty.
Striking the cone, rather entering or not, may give an entry a drive
through penalty. Crossing below the cone and not entering pit lane will
result in a stop and go penalty.


ok, i thought that the cone was before turn 3 before at the practice races but looking at the replay it wasn't
will be there a tracker and why dont ask NDR for the stream?
There will not be a tracker, but if there are time-outs I will have scoring on hand with me at all times during the event. If at any time after timing out you'd like to know what lap you are on just ask, and I will be able to tell (set a whisper target on TS or ask for permission and ask).

I have asked somebody if they would do a stream, but I'm not sure if that is going to go though. I've allowed people to do a stream of other events with much less than favorable results. Hopefully, he will be able to do it, but please understand if he is busy.

The server will be available on LFS remote at this link: http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host=[WR]+Kyoto+400
Based on the guidelines set fourth for the Kyoto 400 the race will be held under sunny skies with calm winds. Sounds like a great day for racing
So if someone times out, they can rejoin immediately when they get back?
Quote from carpet200 :So if someone times out, they can rejoin immediately when they get back?

Yes they may, unless they have timed out too many times, in which case they will be told not to (That number will be about 3)
gl tonight to everyone
As I mentioned in the Announcement thread:

I've created a profile @Kyoto400, where (hopefully) some tweets will appear. If anyone wants to contribute to that profile too, e.g. before the race, PM me and I'll tell them the password.
Quote from Flame CZE :As I mentioned in the Announcement thread:

I've created a profile @Kyoto400, where (hopefully) some tweets will appear. If anyone wants to contribute to that profile too, e.g. before the race, PM me and I'll tell them the password.

Aren't you racing?
I am, I will be tweeting during yellows
Through phone , right ?
hope to dont have time for tweeting...
Quote from F1 mainiac :Through phone , right ?

Most likely, yes. And Gutholz will probably be tweeting some insights too, since he will be spectating the race. Thanks
Quote from Flame CZE :Most likely, yes. And Gutholz will probably be tweeting some insights too, since he will be spectating the race. Thanks

maybe he can be a commentator if there is a stream or?
Quote from BorislavB :maybe he can be a commentator if there is a stream or?

He does not wish to do so. Race Control Audio only.
Sorry, no audio comment. Maybe another time, but without at least some preparation (like a non-buzzing microphone) would not work.

So only comments and pictures on
https://twitter.com/Kyoto400

There will probally be pictures of random fights and some screenshots of position list from remote, so you can see who gained or dropped positions.
And other things if I can think of them?
If you have more ideas, please post them.
Better to be out early then to go out within the last 50 laps.
What a great race, only about 8 safety car sessions in 40 laps, really great driving haha..
Many of the crashes looked really avoidable. At least from spectators point of view
71 contacts between lap 90 and 115
Of course not all result in crash, some are just bumping. Still seems pretty high.
Anyone reading the twitter thing?
I just tuned in on the stream and noticed a big crash after the restart but no SC. I gues the admins decided to give up?
This is why I decided not to take part, noobs everywhere, crashing everywhere all the time, no clue at all how to drive.. Seriously...
Quote from lamerr :This is why I decided not to take part, noobs everywhere, crashing everywhere all the time, no clue at all how to drive.. Seriously...

The same reason for me benni..

Too frustrating for the people who do know what they are doing on the oval.

2014 Kyoto 400 Discussion
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG