The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 400 Practice Session #5
The fifth practice session for the 2014 Kyoto 400 will be on January 12, 2014 at [WR] Kyoto 400. TeamSpeak will be required.

Only registered competitors will be permitted to participate in this session.

All Kyoto 400 rules apply. See the Worldwide Racing Rulebook and the Announcement Thread for reference.

Event will be 45 laps plus 2 pace laps. Only R2 & R3 tires will be permitted in this session as in all Kyoto 400 sessions. Qualifying will be open track with drafting permitted starting at 18:15 GMT. This session will be followed by a five to ten minute break and then the race session will begin.

Server: [WR] Kyoto 400
Password: notice
TeamSpeak: teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com
TS Channel: Pit Wall |or| any of its subsections

Practice Session credit will be given to those who follow the rules, complete the session, and exhibit an understanding of the Rules and an adequate ability to race the FZR on the Kyoto Ring oval (KY1).

Special Notice: All competitors who are deemed by administration to have caused an incident (if a "racing incident" this means both drivers) will not receive credit for this session. This is ment to raise expectations for our practice sessions and the Kyoto 400 its self.

Special thanks to Dekojester and NDR for the use of their TeamSpeak server for this session
Password has been applied, and PM's have been sent due to the short notice for this session. If you are having problems joining the server (you shouldn't) let me know. I'll be on TeamSpeak. Just send me a whisper
Let's hope there will be another one because i hadn't check the forum yesterday and saw the pm now
#4 - xyx
same here ... i just saw pm now so thats why i didn´t come :/ .

i hope there will be another practice session before race xD
I completely missed it. :/ I'm with everyone else hoping for another.

It actually looks like I'll need two, unless you haven't updated the registration list with credits?
There will be a double credit practice session this Saturday around 18:00 GMT. It will likely be 200 miles however.

There will also be a practice session on Sunday, and I'm going to try to have one Monday. All of these will be around 18:00 GMT (give or take some time). Replays are in hand for this session, but I haven't had time to post them here, and session credits will be updated once again when I have time to update the list.

The entry list is current through session #4.
Qualifying Replay: https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... 0Kyoto%20400%20P5%20Q.mpr

Race Replay: https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... 0Kyoto%20400%20P5%20R.mpr

Updated Entry List: https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... %20400%20Entry%20List.pdf

Once again, if you didn't receive credit please PM me. It's not personal. If you know what is wrong you can fix it. If you don't know what's wrong you cannot fix it.

A few comments that I have after viewing the session

1. Despite the messy result, there was quite a bit of tight competition. The cautions were few compaired to the amount that there could have been, and would have been with fields in years past of the Kyoto 400 when the tightness of the field is considered.

2. With that being said, we can always be better. I made a mistake when I didn't throw the caution immediately when the leading pack wrecked exiting turn one on the final lap. This caused a bigger incident than what it should have, and the race was already decided. My mistake, but you as competitors could learn from your mistakes as well as I did that one. Go back and look at instances where you were involved in contact and acknowledge the mistakes that you made. Remember that you can only control your actions. Don't try to control other's actions. Control your's!

3. Let's keep enjoying this. I love holding these events when you guys are enjoying them, and I hate it when you aren't. In the end there is only one winner (unless there's a tie ), but let's make sure that we are all winners in a figurative way. Let's walk away from these sessions and events as better drivers and in as happy a way as possible. Every event I've been a part of is left in arguments over the last year or so(Our's or NDR's), which means that you guys are passionate, but don't let that get in the way of the fun, and don't let it take the fun out of it for others.

2014 Kyoto 400 Practice Session #5
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG