The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 400 Practice Session #1
The first practice session for the 2014 Kyoto 400 will be on December 26, 2013 at [WR] Kyoto 400. TeamSpeak will be required.

Only registered competitors will be permitted to participate in this session.

All Kyoto 400 rules apply. See the Worldwide Racing Rulebook and the Announcement Thread for reference.

Event will be 40 laps plus 2 pace laps. R2 tires only will be permitted in this session. Qualifying will be open track with drafting allowed starting at 22:00 GMT. This session will be 15 minutes in duration, followed by a five minute break and then the race session will begin.

Server: [WR] Kyoto 400
Password: practice
TeamSpeak: teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com
TS Channel: Pit Wall |or| any of its subsections

Practice Session credit will be given to those who follow the rules, complete the session, and exhibit an understanding of the Rules and an adequate ability to race the FZR on the Kyoto Ring oval (KY1)

Special thanks to Dekojester and NDR for the use of their TeamSpeak server for this session
TeamSpeak has been provided by NDR. Thanks a lot to those guys, and hope to see you Thursday evening for a clean race event.

I've also decided to shorten the race distance to 40 laps and require R2 tires. The shorter distance will allow the R2 tires to be a terrible idea, and show that, without ruining the session. . If this works we will move on to longer races with the R2 tires and see how they perform all the way up to a full fuel run.
I'll be there :-)
Hopefully my teammate "Cawwa" will also join
I will try to be there (might fall asleep during practice but...)
#5 - Cawwa
Luckely it was this late, I'll be there sober or not ...
Password has been applied to the server. Hope to see you guys tomorrow (later today in most places). Hope you had a wonderful Christmas :wmann3:
I cannot find my laptop. I just got off of work, but I'm installing LFS and TeamSpeak on a different computer. I may be late, but I will be there
#8 - Sobis
Too bad I can't be there as I was hoping to come
Thanx for the organisation Corny
Can we IRM pls get a chatroom on our own next race
Sorry guys, i didn't hear that we have to change R2s to R3s.
I would like to congratulate and thank every one of the drivers in today's practice session. The only real yellow was on the final lap, and the other was a competition caution to get you guys out of the trouble with tyres (tires) that I put you in.

Thanks for the patience, understanding, and good manners on the track today . Hopefully this will be a good sign of things to come
Thx for organisation Cornys and others from the admin side. Good handle as allways.
I missunderstood and didn't realize we had to pass the start - finish line before entering the pits, I thought we where all done ... ... drooped three places on that ...

As Sjöblom said - is it possible to get an own chatroom in the ts-server?
Quote from Cawwa :As Sjöblom said - is it possible to get an own chatroom in the ts-server?

I will talk to Dekojester and see if this is possible
Could be very nice! Thanks for organizing..

Imo... R3 is the way to go.

Greets
Qualifying Replay: https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... 0Kyoto%20400%20P1%20Q.mpr

Race Replay: https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... 0Kyoto%20400%20P1%20R.mpr

The Entry List has been updated with those who received session credit. If you'd like to know why you did not receive credit feel free to PM me. I may have done so in mistake, and if not I will be able to give you something to try to improve on so that you can be a better driver and competitor. I'd like to see everybody who is interested participate, but the better the drivers are the more enjoyable the event is. We can all improve. It's nothing personal.
I knew it... I wouldn't get a session credit

But anyways thanks for the good organisation and for the fun (well... them R2s failed me aaaand R3s too )
r2's felt awesome, until I had to slow down.
My summary …

This has been my first oval race since quite a long time.

Grats to all the racers, I can't remember any larger event where everyone seems so calm and behaved.

The idea of using R2's isn't that bad. I think my tires reached their temperature peak (around 130 degree celsius ) a few laps before the switch to R3. So a few laps more an they would've started to cool down.
On the other side … you need to drive with caution and stable drivers around you help a lot (like it was yesterday).
Also you could advice a certain camber limit for the outer tires. (like pirelli does in f1)

For R3s long FCY will cool them down to a point where the first laps after restart become critical. Especially at the end of a stint.

Even if teamspeak is mandatory, you should give general orders as messages on screen. (e.g. the change of tire compound)

Looking forward to the next session.
Quote from yankman :For R3s long FCY will cool them down to a point where the first laps after restart become critical. Especially at the end of a stint.

Even if teamspeak is mandatory, you should give general orders as messages on screen. (e.g. the change of tire compound)

Looking forward to the next session.

This cooling is why I will allow R2's to be used still. If a race becomes a crash event, or if a short dash to the finish occurs the drivers at the end of a lap may change to the softer compound as to have an advantage. If you are on the end of a lap under Safety Car you have nothing to lose. You'll restarti n the same place rather you pit or not.

I may look into posting more on the chat if this makes things easier. Just for critical messages under the SC of course, but it could as you said be helpful

I'm glad that you enjoyed the session

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG