The online racing simulator

Poll : Which series would you like to see?

Closed since :
Option 3
Option 2
Option 4
Option 4
Option 1
Future of GenR Events: What would you like to see?
As you know, we at Genuine Racing are taking a small winter break when it comes to organising events. We have planned to bring our first series back around late January next year. Having said so, doing it with a proven championship would be very much in our interest and you can help us to choose!

This poll will remain open until December 1st this year. After that point we will look at the result as a guideline for what to do. Should the result be very clear, you can expect that the series in question is most likely to return.

All options are explained below. Should there be questions, feel free to ask them.

Option 1: Turbo Trophy 2014

Cars used: RB4; XRT+2%; FXO+5%
Number of rounds intended: 5 or 6
Pre-Qualifying format: 24 hours
Qualifying format: 20 minutes pre-race
Race format: 90 minutes and/or 2x 45 minutes

Option 2: Turbo Trophy Sprint Edition 2014
Cars used: RB4; XRT+2%; FXO+5%
Race format: 3x ~20 minutes

Option 3: Grand Touring Masters 2014
Cars used: GT2 (FZR, FXR, XRR)
Race format: ~75 minutes

Option 4: GT1 Challenge 2014
Cars used: GT1 (FZR, FXR, XRR)
Qualifying format: 20 minutes
Race format: ~60 minutes

Option 5: GT1 Challenge 2014 (FZR only)
Cars used: FZR
Qualifying format: 20 minutes
Race format: ~60 minutes
Attached files
GENR_GTM_2014_Rules_V1.pdf - 109.4 KB - 625 views
GENR_TT_2014_Rules_V1.pdf - 106.8 KB - 547 views
Option 2
There are two "Option 4".
Quote from MVelikov :There are two "Option 4".

Yes, it's a small typo, but I think it's quite clear which is which.
I'd love to be able to do a few races here and there, but IMO you need to make additional grids to reward people who didn't make the cut in prequalifying, especially in first races of the season. It's possible that you will have attendance issues towards the end of the season (hopefully not), but it'd be nice to allow people to race whenever they feel like it and award them some points so that they would still be 'in' the championship hunt. Denying tens of people at the very beginning of the season is just wrong in my book.

That being said, I'm in for options 1 and 5
Quote from Ziomek21 :I'd love to be able to do a few races here and there, but IMO you need to make additional grids to reward people who didn't make the cut in prequalifying, especially in first races of the season. It's possible that you will have attendance issues towards the end of the season (hopefully not), but it'd be nice to allow people to race whenever they feel like it and award them some points so that they would still be 'in' the championship hunt. Denying tens of people at the very beginning of the season is just wrong in my book.

That being said, I'm in for options 1 and 5

We've experimented with the second grid in the GTi trophy, it hasn't been used for many races, but I think we'll keep that option open for all the series we're going to organise in the future!
#7 - Dr3dD
I vote for option 3. And i like to add a suggestion, maybe the lenght of the races should be 2 o 3 hours, becoming to a championship of mini-endurance races allowing amateur and small teams to participate.
Added the draft versions for GTM and TT to the OP. They include some balancings and possible schedules.
No formulas, no rally no fun

Option 2: Turbo Trophy Sprint Edition 2014

Then.
GT1
-
(turkishcan) DELETED by turkishcan
option 3 - option 4 - option 5
Option 4.5 (FZR Only) would be neat. Maybe with some fixed-setup twist as well, to even the playground a bit.
Good to see that our favourites are your favourites!

We haven't written off GT1C with FZR either yet, it's good to see some people are still interested in the top GT category.
Quote from nikopdr :Option 4.5 (FZR Only) would be neat. Maybe with some fixed-setup twist as well, to even the playground a bit.

Like the idea of a fixed setup with FZR!
Quote from Dr3dD :I vote for option 3. And i like to add a suggestion, maybe the lenght of the races should be 2 o 3 hours, becoming to a championship of mini-endurance races allowing amateur and small teams to participate.

yes yes yes. another vote hear
I'm sorry guys, but we really dont intend to organise team-based series for now. You're all welcome to post suggestions for any of the leagues you've voted for, but for now we would like to keep things relatively simple.
What about rallyx or rally?
Get your votes in everyone, poll closes on Sunday!
I'm all for Option 2 because its closer to the real thing than option 1, also leaves room for consistency and the hopefulness of bringing in S1 & S2 drivers on a few courses. As far as the rounds go, one on each destination (6 with auto cross) should give a great variety both style and difficulty.

You guys got your work cut out for this btw.
We aren't exactly 100% decided on what we're gonna do yet, but for sure all the options listed above are going to involve a lot of work, one as much as the other if you ask me. For sure in a way having a series with three races and four sessions per event would be a lot of work, but it still only requires one person. Stuff like GT Masters requires two or three per race, one for the pace car, and another one to check the grid for the start, if not ideally two. But we are happy to do it if only we can improve on the rather bad run we had lately (excluding GTiT).
option 3
Well, the poll is closed now, but you can expect an announcement shortly!

Future of GenR Events: What would you like to see?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG