The online racing simulator
Rascal Rider - a game in the making
(46 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :So may I ask are you working as a small team in your spare time, or as part of a studio with funding?

Kind of both actually
It works like this: I am running a small interactive agency with my business partner here in Poland, doing stuff from commercial 3D to custom build software, and we were joined by a programmer with very serious game modding experience some time ago (one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha mod creators). So we started thinking about doing something more interesting.

At this moment we are working on it more in a spare time, with some new people engaged in the project. Art, coding, sound, you need quite a set of skills in the team to make a game... but thankfully we got it covered. I would say that 6 people are the core of the team, some more did or will do some stuff.

We are preparing to launch a Kickstarter for this. However it's not that we will not make the game if it fails, it will help us to make it faster, bigger, better, etc. And to sleep a bit more in the process This would simply help us switching the company to a full-time studio, and stop financing the development from the job that takes time away from... the development.

edited: answering the wrong question
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Is it a racing sim by any chance?

I don't really want to derail someone elses thread about their own game with a Q+A on mine so i'll just say no and say "no more questions please" .
For all of you guys showing intrest in the project, there is a motion comic story teaser here: www.rascalrider.com

Enjoy.

And if you like it spreading the news will be really very, very helpfull
I did enjoy it and I definitely will, I was a little disappointed by the ending though, I kind of expected some dramatic shot of the new Laguna Seca on the scale of some of the artwork you've shown. That's nitpicking though, otherwise I thought it was great and I'm glad you're progressing with this.
Thx for comments, will need to think about some corkscrew redesign...
The Rascal Rider Main Theme from the game's soundtrack is here:

http://youtu.be/mAygCOZcWgM

However this is not a typicall racing track, this one is for the menu, to set up some cyberpunk-like mood. I hope you will like it

In-game screenshot are finally going to be available next week, setting up the lighting, the shaders, finishing the environmet... lot's of work taking a little bit more time than planned
Quote from pandera :Supersport, street fighters, cafe racers... there will quite a few types of bikes in the game to choose from. The designs will try to fit somewhere around contemporary concept motorcycles, so they will be a bit more radical than what's allowed in the streets right now.

.......Bobbers?.........
Quote from Racer Y :.......Bobbers?.........

Yes, but a bit later on. The problem is positions and animations will be completly different for these kind of bikes. But if there will be players, there will be bobbers
I think this will be very successful on mobile.

I would definitely buy it if it comes on andriod.
It looks good! I look forward to seeing what the gameplay is like.
We have just prepared some screenshots, and working on the gameplay video at the moment. Slowly getting ready to hit Indiegogo, and... we'll see what happens

And a very, very short video.

Facebook would be probably the best place to have a look at all of it... LINK
Thx for support. And I hope that you will like the looks even more when you see the first gameplay video. It really does look better when it's moving, belive me
This does have a nice style, I just hope it plays nicely, any idea when we can give it a go?
It will still take some time.

We are preparing a gameplay video right now. With riding, shooting and some combat.

And then we will try crowdfunding. The game will be made no matter the result, but we would love to be able to focus more on the development and simply not have to worry about basic stuff... And any help in spreading the word will be priceless then.

Some beta testing should start within a few months. Riding a bike and shooting each other is already fun like hell, even in pre-alpha, but it does need to be really well done before we let it out of the office.
I like the concept but the whole death race thing seems a bit overkill for my taste. Wouldn't have minded a more speedracer/ hot wheels world race type thing

Ill try neertheless when released
Quote from Bmxtwins :I like the concept but the whole death race thing seems a bit overkill for my taste. Wouldn't have minded a more speedracer/ hot wheels world race type thing

Ill try neertheless when released

I just hope that you will like then.
So... we have just launched our crowdfunding campaign:
http://igg.me/at/rascalrider/x/3895139

Please do consider spreading the word. The goal is to finish and self-publish the game. A lot has been done already and still a lot to do, and to do it without having to do extra jobs like we do now.

And make sure to watch the second movie, below the first one, it's a pre-alpha gameplay "trailer", still a bit rough but you should get the idea

Rascal Rider - a game in the making
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG