The online racing simulator
9H 2013: Announcement and Discussion

OVERVIEW

The Genuine Racing 9 hours of Aston Historic rev. is what we want to become our annual racing highlight, the place to go for the top achievers in our team championships, but also for the top teams in other top-level series. It being a classic GT endurance race, there will be no safety cars during the 9 hours, just a rolling start and pedal to the metal from then on to the end of the race. A certain amount of teams will receive automatic entries into the main event, some with a fixed class and some who may choose which class they enter. The remaining spots will be given to teams who apply, but those must pre-qualify themselves into the main event.

The automatic entries the main event in the GT1 class are the 2013 GT1 Challenge top 5 teams and also the champions of the 2013 GT1 World Series. For the GT2 class, the top 5 teams of the 2013 Grand Touring Masters will receive automatic entries for the GT2 class. The top 3 teams of the 2013 Turbo Trophy and the teams champions of Cityliga 17 may choose a class which they want to enter too.

The event itself will consist of 24 hours of pre-qualifying (for the spots that are not taken up by automatic entries), 30 minutes of qualifying for each class and the 9 hour long race itself. The event schedule itself goes as follows:

- Wednesday 16.10.2013 at 18:00 UTC: Start of Pre-Qualifying
- Thursday 17.10.2013 at 18:00 UTC: End of Pre-Qualifying
- Friday 18.10.2013 at 18:00 UTC - GT1 Qualifying (30 minutes)
- Friday 18.10.2013 at 18:40 UTC - GT2 Qualifying (30 minutes)
- Saturday 19.10.2013 at 14:00 UTC - Race Start (9 hours)

CAR BALANCING

This will be the first event in which we will reduce the GTR class car selection to two options only, the FZR and the XRR, as balancing the FXR to be competitive is simply not worth the effort and the fact that 4WD is also banned in most of the worlds road racing series. The balancing for both classes, GT1 and GT2, is the following:

GT1:
FZR: 28kg ballast
XRR: n/a

GT2:
FZR: 20% air-restriction
XRR: 24% air-restriction

The full rulebook, sign-ups and skin kit will be released within the next month. Until then you can already start making your mind up about who you're going to race with!

See you on track!
Just realising - We've an automatic entry! Hooray Spreading the news now in our rows!
We too! Cool!
But it's in october,so quite a while to sort things out.
Yes, that's the thought behind it.

More details to how automatic entries work exactly will be posted together with the rules, sign-ups and skinkit, in a couple of days time or so.

The automatic entries are mainly there to reward the teams who stick with us for as many races in a season as possible.
This looks awesome indeed. 32 teams, once a year and much shorter than. 24 hour

Though it may be a good idea to allow FXR?
Quote from Bmxtwins :This looks awesome indeed. 32 teams, once a year and much shorter than. 24 hour

Though it may be a good idea to allow FXR?

Allow the least competitive and easiest to drive car? Why?
I don't consider myself as FXR enthuasist, but I find it bit weird too. I mean there isn't many GT cars in LFS, banning one of them makes it even worse. Even when it is not very competetive, then for some beginners it is good way to get used endurance race like this.

Just let FXR be underdog - if someone wants to race it, let them race. Especially times like right now, when LFS is not very active.

E: btw, will there be SC for the start or leaders will keep the SC speed themself?
#9 - kiste
Quote from TypeRacing :Even when it is not very competetive, then for some beginners it is good way to get used endurance race like this.

guess thats the point of inviting teams. So there won´t many beginners in my opinion. may here and there a newbie in those teams but in gerneral i think it is okay.
Quote from TypeRacing :I don't consider myself as FXR enthuasist, but I find it bit weird too. I mean there isn't many GT cars in LFS, banning one of them makes it even worse. Even when it is not very competetive, then for some beginners it is good way to get used endurance race like this.

Just let FXR be underdog - if someone wants to race it, let them race. Especially times like right now, when LFS is not very active.

E: btw, will there be SC for the start or leaders will keep the SC speed themself?

We are not trying to exclude people from driving underdog cars, we want them to actually race a car that is competitive, because frankly we cannot see how one would enjoy knowing he will not qualify in 8/10 attempts.

The starts will be behind the PC, so there will be 15 cars in each class.
Just curious - why deny 2 more cars for something that's used just for 1 lap? And why even bother with pacelap if no car has real advantage from standing start?
Quote from Eclipsed :Just curious - why deny 2 more cars for something that's used just for 1 lap? And why even bother with pacelap if no car has real advantage from standing start?

It's not sure yet that pace cars will be used. And the FZR still has a massive advantage over the XRR in a standing start.
Another option is just the leader sets the pace and then green flag is given since it is only given on start it should be ok that way
Quote from Mustangman759 :Another option is just the leader sets the pace and then green flag is given since it is only given on start it should be ok that way

Yeah, because that works well. See the Kyoto 500 for a really good example of such.
Or just standing start to maximize the chaos...
For now the leader of each class will control the field. Changes to that (and for that matter any other section) may occur.
We are happy to announce that the 10th and final automatic entry in GT2 will be awarded to the highest placed team in the 2013 Turbo Trophy that has not received a an automatic entry already!
Genuine Racing is happy to announce that another 3 automatic entry slots have been filled for the 9 hours of Aston Historic reversed later this year!

The #8/58 slot will go to [TC] Racing who may choose if they want to field a GT1 or GT2 entry.
The #9/59 slot will go to ineX Racing who may choose if they want to field a GT1 or GT2 entry.
The #57 GT2 slot will go to CoRe Racing.
XR2 it's not allowed in your server...
I have one question. In rulebook you say:
2. During qualifying all drivers may complete and unlimited amount of laps and jump to
the pits or spectate as often as they wish.

That mean all of my team (4 drivers) can drive in qual or only 1?
Quote from BorislavB :I have one question. In rulebook you say:
2. During qualifying all drivers may complete and unlimited amount of laps and jump to
the pits or spectate as often as they wish.

That mean all of my team (4 drivers) can drive in qual or only 1?

Only one driver may do qualifying for a team.
Due to the overseeable amount of entrants, the pre-qualifying will not take place. All teams who have signed up so far are eligible to automatically go through to qualifying and the race. Should further teams sign up, that will apply to them too.
-
(DjBlueIce) DELETED by DjBlueIce : wrong topic
The qualifying and race server information has been sent out to all team managers and vice-managers.
make an stremeng during the race.
link tracker ?

9H 2013: Announcement and Discussion
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG